What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4nations | Australia v England | aami park | sun 2nd nov

Burns

First Grade
Ticket sales update? Realistically it could be 10-15k, but it should be a sell out!

Seeming that they were selling category 3 tickets halfprice at $15 last week, I wouldn't be expecting a great turn out. Corresponding game in 2010 got 18,894.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ideally these games would of been announced early in the year. Done some deals to get horse racing/RL ticket accomodation deals. Then flogged the game to ensure it got a good crowd

LeedsStorm

Juniors
The pressure is on England here. They will crumble.

Think i'd rather be underdog away from home than favourite with the possibility to become the first roos team not to make a final since 1954.

"Worst roos team in 70 years". Could be quite damaging to any career. Its all on Australia.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Victorians who give a shit about RL wont give a rats what colour the aussies are wearing

Why would they?

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Shame Sam Burgess isn't playing this series, I'm sure he would have pulled in a lot more fans given his courageous GF display. Did anyone hear Locky's interview with him on Saturday and hear that Locky said to Sam, see you in 2016, Sam said no, it'll be 2017?

roughyedspud

Coach
Shame Sam Burgess isn't playing this series, I'm sure he would have pulled in a lot more fans given his courageous GF display. Did anyone hear Locky's interview with him on Saturday and hear that Locky said to Sam, see you in 2016, Sam said no, it'll be 2017?

hes just going on a 3 year break,he said in a interview a month or 2 back that he wouldn't have long left if he carried on playing in the NRL his body wouldn't hold up....

so hes going to union for 3years,he'll play out in the centers or even the wing,make 5-10 tackles a game if hes lucky and get to run over people every now and then,get huge media exposure and a decent salary too and maybe play in a world cup or olympics...

he'll come back to rugby league aged 28/29 fresh as a daisy in 2017

franklin2323

Immortal
hes just going on a 3 year break,he said in a interview a month or 2 back that he wouldn't have long left if he carried on playing in the NRL his body wouldn't hold up....

so hes going to union for 3years,he'll play out in the centers or even the wing,make 5-10 tackles a game if hes lucky and get to run over people every now and then,get huge media exposure and a decent salary too and maybe play in a world cup or olympics...

he'll come back to rugby league aged 28/29 fresh as a daisy in 2017

He could of gone home though instead of changing sports. What Challenge to help Salford or Bradford win the comp. Kinda shows players minds are elsewhere in cases like this

whall15

Coach
The blue and maroon should be an alternate jersey in case of clashes, ie. Ireland at the World Cup.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
He could of gone home though instead of changing sports. What Challenge to help Salford or Bradford win the comp. Kinda shows players minds are elsewhere in cases like this

Not at all, you are underestimating the demands of UK RL. 6 weeks less off season than the NRL and more games. A primary factor in england/GB's underperformances in the superleague era. The intensity doesn't stay as high as the NRL, but to imply players can go to the UK league for a rest is completely naive.

James Graham and Gareth Ellis have both attributed good seasons in the NRL to proper off seasons, something they simply didn't get in the UK

Packy

Bench
Expect Hunt in for DCE but how can he not f**kin know that we lost last week in the forwards? Picks an almost identical team. Farah adds nothing to that team.

For mine Moylan needs to be on the bench over Farah. Klemmer in the team over one of the 7 backrowers and I don't think Tupou deserves to be dropped (did he get injured?)