What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7-2. Get fuggd.

Quigs

Immortal
I would guess about 15 of Jimmy's 19 penalties are for getting off the tackled player too slow... He's pinged for that about 3 times a game it seems...

And he could of copped a few more tonight too. I watch him closely and I am always screaming "Get off him Jimmay, get the f##k off him"

Quigs

Immortal
replay showed bounced up off Teddys shoulder. All accidental.

But if Tedesco was out there for the full 70 minutes I reckon the scoreboard might of been a bit different and not in a good way for us.

Ghost of Popper

Juniors
The system will be in place for the start of the 2017 NRL season.

Offence Grade One Grade Two Grade Three
Tripping $1,500 200 300
Kicking 200 300 400
Striking 200 300 400
Reckless High Tackle 300 400 500
Intentional High Tackle Refer to Panel Refer to Panel Refer to Panel
Careless High Tackle $1,500 150 200
Dropping Knees 200 300 400
Dangerous Throw 100 300 500
Contrary Conduct $1,500 200 300
Careless High Tackle $1,500 200 300
Dangerous Contact 100 200 300
Shoulder Charge 200 350 500

Quigs

Immortal
Well I reckon that Gal took a dive and I didn't like him doing it. But and it is a big buttttt. How many times have we had tries disallowed because of some real minor technical bullshit.

I remember one we had go against us in a game and a try was awarded. Gal blew up to the ref. The bloody next week the same thing happened to us and we had our try disallowed. It was different games but identical circumstances. Gal blew his top when addressing the whistleblower over it.

I remember the commentators going on that Gal had a very good point there. (re his argument)

It happens all the time week in week out. The Donks are maters at it.

But I still don't like seeing our blokes taking dives. It is going to cause a big stink at the serious end of the competition if that shit happens and decides the outcome of a semi or whatever.

Madsharkie

First Grade
One of Maloney's last penalties tonight, I swear the ballplayer practically had Maloney in a headlock keeping him in the tackle while Val was desperately trying to pull him up by the jersey.
I thought that penalty was one for the crowd. Bullshit at best

Frenzy.

Immortal
The dive was smart. Without they dont look at it and see the jersey grab which although minor is naughty. Justifed penalty for mine. We dont get many penalties, I dont care how we get 'em

Quigs

Immortal
Whether youse like it or not, we are now all part of a sporting business where a bloke can now be binned for ten for bitch slappin'.

Give CEO Toddy Greenburgh the flick and sign up the man, the one and only Mr Vince Mack-Mannn. He would be ideal plus he has got the roids out of professional wrasslin.

wibble

Bench
The dive was smart. Without they dont look at it and see the jersey grab which although minor is naughty. Justifed penalty for mine. We dont get many penalties, I dont care how we get 'em

When the bunker first said "minimal contact" I agreed. The camera angle we got then changed.

It is then really obvious to us that Woods grabbed Gallen (which is curious, I thought the Bunker got all the angles at once, so the ref could have seen that when the "minimal contact" comment was made).

I agree that these days, it is smart to dive, as it gets penalties (and in this case, saved a try, that he was never going to stop). It is just such a bad look for the game. If breaking the rules was more consistently penalised, players wouldn't need to dive.

I thought it was a nit picky penalty. I thought it was a bad look. It was also obvious that the bunker could only ever go one way, as the rule was broken.

Buderus agreed at half time it was technically correct, but was arguing for "common sense" in the decision making. But you can't have common sense, because as soon as you allow the rules to be broken some times and not others, you are open to charges of corruption/bias (mind you, the rules were also broken in the final against Canberra when BJ took out Barba, but the Bunker used "common sense" and guessed that Barba wouldn't have stopped the try. They were probably right too, but he would have forced the try out wide, instead of under the posts. I thought that was an easy no try decision but wasn't given due to "common sense").

Card Shark

Immortal
He held him, slowing gal from getting to the gap.

If he's there, who knows, Tedesco may have gone another direction.

I'm over the niggle in the game & if players realise that there is the ultimate penalty, they'll think twice about doing it.

Quigs

Immortal
Bitch slaps, bad calls, piggy backs out of their own areas, bunker calls, 37 replays before decision, dives, comic strip jerseys, blokes getting hung for low range DUI, donks every thurs/friday night, only 'adults' being picked for rep sides, player managers wringing millions out of clubs, average good players demanding top shelf status, players declaring allegiance to new clubs in april ..... you want more?

Welcome to the working mans game 2017 version.

tye

Juniors
Bullshit, yeah we were bad tonight but fugg me we are getting a beating in the penalties, all year.

Maybe Flanno can trade his teeth in and have a spray about it, in public to take some of the pressure off and highlight the counts against us.
Have a crack Lyall, speak out, cop the fine surely it can be paid .
There is no way we are three times worse than the other team.

I call some sort of bias against the premiers, closer scrutiny, or maybe we look that bad with so many errors but geez some of those calls lately have been shit.
Danny Buderus said in the fox studio that as defending premiers you are looked at and judged differently to the rest of the competition....got to love the NRL.

ratsack2

Juniors
last week against the Titans, on their match winning try, Capewell was not given an opportunity to attempt a tackle on the player due to a Titans player standing between him and the ball carrier, now I am not saying he would of made the tackle or not, but he was not even able to attempt the tackle, but because Capewell held the jersey it was given a try, if he doesn't touch the titans jersey then it is no try. to the letter of the law yeah no try, but where is the commentators saying that common sense should of deemed the obstruction and no try hence giving us the win, oh yeah right it is Cronulla and everyone was jizzing themselves with the Titans win.
Woods holds Gallen, would he have gotten back to fill the gap that Teddy runs into, maybe, maybe not but it is Gallen so I would of backed him to at least fill the hole which would of given other defensive players other options to cover the play, so if Gallen doesn't hit the deck then I am sure with Tigpies playing at Liechardt and all the jizz going on then the try would of been awarded. It was the correct call every day of the week. but if it was a Cronulla try you would of heard all the commentator saying no try for sure.