What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pretty sad day when Russell Crowe...

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
A pretty sad day when Russell Crowe is doing more to promote international and country Rugby League than the NRL and the bunch of selfish clubs. Would have been really nice to have the sevens last weekend.

Kiwi

First Grade
yes it would have been nice, but whats the point of the sevens if we are only gonna see an hour of highlights, or more like 40 minutes including ads on tv?

thommo4pm

Coach
Russell Crowe could really help our game grow in the USA if he was asked to assist.
He has a very high profile around the globe, imagine himself and Tom Cruise(who has been to his fair share of games) promoting the game in the USA.
The game could take off.
Not sure why the NRL has not asked Russell to help out the USA in doing this.

Front-Rower

First Grade
thommo4pm said:
Russell Crowe could really help our game grow in the USA if he was asked to assist.
He has a very high profile around the globe, imagine himself and Tom Cruise(who has been to his fair share of games) promoting the game in the USA.
The game could take off.
Not sure why the NRL has not asked Russell to help out the USA in doing this.

Why should the NRL ask him or anyone to do this? Why doesn't the blame fall back onto our "international" body the RLIF?

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

its very sad that our various governing bodies are too incompetent to organise anything

well done mr crowe

:!:

rugged

Juniors
Has anyone seen whether Russell Crowe's footballing exploits have made the US news or the news channels? You would think they would like to use the video of him playing. Would be excellent publicity for league. But they would probably just call it rugby anyway.

Don't think Tom Cruise would have any more connections to league as he is no longer married to an Australian.

i reckon russle crowe should give about 3 mllion bucks to souths (being a "supporter" and all). its about time he did something for them other than being a high profile guy that dosnt go to games eg ray martin. he could buy the whole taem if he wanted.

rugged

Juniors
Russle crowes band said:
i reckon russle crowe should give about 3 mllion bucks to souths (being a "supporter" and all). its about time he did something for them other than being a high profile guy that dosnt go to games eg ray martin. he could buy the whole taem if he wanted.

I think he's already just put a whole lot back into rugby league.

joondalup_giant

Staff member

y should he have 2?

The Toecutter

Juniors
Russle crowes band said:
He may have done that already. I remeber when the Rabbitohs were brought back into the comp they interviewed he and he said he's buy them a player if someone "special" came along. He may have done this already. I know he bought that bell a while back then gave it back to the club. Im not a massive fan of Russel but at the end of the day I think he's done a fair bit for league and the Rabbitohs. He is only an actor after all.

so they can survive long enough to get a resonable team on the feild capable of winning more than 5 matches. so they dont die off in a year because of 20 years inept management. so little kids in redfern have hope in their lives. i dont know, hes rich, and a supporter, he should be helpen em out, or atleast go to more games

Alan Shore

First Grade
Souths nor any other football club should be reliant on the geneoristy of their supporters. If Souths want to survive they should develop a good business plan and become self-sufficient.

Russell's money would be better spent on grassroots development in the frontier states or fledgling overseas league nations instead of feeding the greed of David Tapp, Piggins and the rest of the Redfern Rabble.

Kiwi

First Grade
Russle crowes band said:
so they can survive long enough to get a resonable team on the feild capable of winning more than 5 matches. so they dont die off in a year because of 20 years inept management. so little kids in redfern have hope in their lives. i dont know, hes rich, and a supporter, he should be helpen em out, or atleast go to more games

How about all the other Souths fans, we hear there are supose to be tonnes of them, why don't they all give money to the club? What about you, have you given a large chunk of your money to the club?

RICHO

Juniors
The reason as to why the sevens weren't on this year was clearly seen in that tournament.

Mark Geyer, who was pretty close to the biggest bloke at the place, was taken to hospital with a badly broken leg.

That's why clubs don't want to play. Injuries. And really, who can blame them?

How funny was it when Crowe played though? The players looked to move aside and let Crowe run straight through.
He looked like a bit of a wanker in his Souths socks too.

ha
f**k no
i support cronulla. however you are right. guys like ray martin, andrew denton, don lane, mike whitney and others should do more for them, then again they were probably chased out the front door of the leagues club and into the park by george piggins weilding a cricket bat after they didnt agree with him

Kiwi

First Grade
Russle crowes band said:
ha
f**k no
i support cronulla. however you are right. guys like ray martin, andrew denton, don lane, mike whitney and others should do more for them, then again they were probably chased out the front door of the leagues club and into the park by george piggins weilding a cricket bat after they didnt agree with him

Well the Sharks have won nothing since being in the comp, why don't you do more? Go give the Sharks $3,000 to make them a better team and help them out. Do your bit, set an example.