What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a sudden increase in fans

To all of the fans on this site, i commend you for your dedication to your teams, even though we disagree on things, i thoroughly enjoy talking to all of you. So dedicated fans, i have a question to ask. You probably notice that when your team is going well and winning many games, there is a sudden increase in the fans attending the games. I know about this as since the bulldogs have played poorly this year there has been a decrease in fans attending home games. You all, as i said before are obviously die hard fans that would be there regardless of your teams performance. What do you make of all of this? What are your feelings about these fans that show up only when the team is going well, but aren't sighted all year if the team is playin poorly???

RiotAct

Juniors
it's just the way it goes, Some are more passionate than others and stick with their team win or lose, others are only fans for the good times

bluenwhite

Juniors
lol, i think the biggest increase in fans from one home game to another was this year..
bulldogs vs storm - 7500 i believe
-> bulldogs vs broncos - 29900

heh, but the first game was a 5.30 at the showground.. so the last telstra stadium game would have been dogs vs manly and that was 14000

t-ba

Post Whore
It's important to turn as many of these fairweather fans into diehards to increase the level of club 'fat' during the lean years. They should be welcome with open arms and be provided with the best experience possible, so that they return, during the good and hopefully during the bad.

Oddly enough, I only started regularly attending Manly matches in Early 1999...

EdBurton

Juniors
I'm a Souths supporter so I struggle to remember good times. However I imagine that if we start playing well, our crowds will increase.
Obviously, it's more fun to go and watch your team play well than go and watch them play badly.

KevinArnold said:
You know someone is struggling when they resort to name calling :roll:

You know someone is struggling when they read the intial thread, it contains a question, and it cannot be answered.................you

KevinArnold

Juniors
I'm a Souths supporter so I struggle to remember good times. However I imagine that if we start playing well, our crowds will increase.
Obviously, it's more fun to go and watch your team play well than go and watch them play badly.

Well I think they will make the eight next year. I wonder if the Charity Shield is an indication of how the crowds would be if Souths are Top 8 contenders? Maybe not as much, but it would be odds-on they would get 2 times as many fans to the games.

EdBurton

Juniors
I do think that our crowds would be ALOT bigger if we start well, and have some consistency. We started playing good footy in the second half of the season, but it was too late, and I think alot of the fans knew it.

Eelectrica

Referee
Every year we introduce new fans to our greatr game. Or at least the figures would indicate we do. New fans like supporting the winning team, thus the increases in support for winning teams.

EdBurton said:

I honestly reckon souths have had a good year, you've had good times this year.

EdBurton

Juniors
bulldogs-champion said:
I honestly reckon souths have had a good year, you've had good times this year.

As with most teams, we showed that if we stay injury free, we're a competitive team. Which over the past few seasons, we haven't been able to do.

mickdo

Coach
bulldogs-champion said:
You know someone is struggling when they read the intial thread, it contains a question, and it cannot be answered.................you
You know someone is struggling when their team misses the 8 :lol: :lol: :lol:

mickdo said:
You know someone is struggling when their team misses the 8 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats the go with making the 8????? what is the 8??????? i didn't realise that you'd be a champion if you made the 8. anyway, i'm cooling off now so i will say it, GOOD LUCK.............there i said it

Michaelson

Juniors
I'm a fairweather fan. So what? I've supported the Tigers my whole life, but I certainly didn't go to many games post Superleague. I kept up with the team, I always wanted to get more excited, but I couldn't muster it. Rugby League played badly just isn't my cup of tea.

This year that's all changed and I'm loving it. Why should anyone else care? It's not my duty to be a diehard rugby league supporter. It's admirable those fans who go to every game when their side isn't winnning any more than a couple of games a season, but it can't be expected from everyone. Why should supporting a team be an all or nothiing thing?

RiotAct

Juniors
Michaelson said:
I'm a fairweather fan. So what? I've supported the Tigers my whole life, but I certainly didn't go to many games post Superleague. I kept up with the team, I always wanted to get more excited, but I couldn't muster it. Rugby League played badly just isn't my cup of tea.

This year that's all changed and I'm loving it. Why should anyone else care? It's not my duty to be a diehard rugby league supporter. It's admirable those fans who go to every game when their side isn't winnning any more than a couple of games a season, but it can't be expected from everyone. Why should supporting a team be an all or nothiing thing?

very good point

Latest posts