What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aami Vase

Nuffs

Bench
what a horrible race. group 2 race, and 7 runners have won 7 races between them

i've backed manton a couple of times now and done my cash

duelled has the form on the board. has never won but then again this is a crap field

how much changes in a year? plastered got the cash a year ago

Macca_

Coach
TAB Fixed Odds -

003 Manton $2.75
002 Duelled $3.00
005 Majorca $4.50
004 Benicio $6.00
001 Danger Looms $10.00
007 Quay Lago $26.00
006 Escape Artist $81.00

Freak

Juniors
I like Manton but will wait to see which way the money goes.

I expected better from Duelled. I love Redouted babies!! It would not suprise me if it runs well but won't have any of my hard earn on it!!

Nuffs

Bench
i've been burned by manton. i think he's more of a derby horse. too one-paced for a race like this i feel

Macca_

Coach
I can't go past Manton. This is a cr*p field. My numbers -

3 - Manton
4 - Benicio
2 - Duelled
5 - Majorca

Nuffs

Bench
well judging by history, danger looms is a massive chance. apart from plastered last year, the previos 9 winners came from the caulfield guineas

and danger looms is the only one this year who contested the guineas

and duelled keeps looking good to me. was ridden upside down last start in the spring champion and was also wide yet only finished 2 lengths behind hotel grand. what price hotel grand in this race? i think they'll drop out to last tomorrow and with only 7 runners can run around them easily

Moffo

Referee
agreed

i hope i can sneak 10/1 odds with a bookie tomorrow. If so, i'll be straight onto it

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Quay Lago for me
Should bounce to the front without much trouble, just hope it can keep going in the last hundred or so.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Duelled has worked well at the track during the week but im gonna stick with my gut and give Manton one more chance..

OVP

Coach
Wasnt this the race that Elvstroem beat Kempinksy in, a year or 2 ago, in a classic duel (they had several close races over the spring carnival that year) ? The reason Elvstroem was in this race was because he was refused entry in the Cox Plate, but probably would have shat it in that year ??

How times have changed ... instead of being a fantastic race as in the past with some great winners, its become a joke this year :(

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Tim Brasher said:
Duelled has worked well at the track during the week but im gonna stick with my gut and give Manton one more chance..

Last time i bloody back Manton.. Had every chance

Nuffs

Bench
i got duelled at $4.20 and that was NSW TAB. figure that one out.

it's a good one this horse

and don't give up on manton. i'm still thinking it will be suited at flemington over the 2500m

Macca_

Coach
Was a good staying win. Manton looked to have every chance, maybe had a slightly tougher run.

Can't see them getting Pendragon and Headturner in the Derby. I'm looking for a head to head duel between those 2 like the one between Elvstroem and Kempinsky 2 years back.

I thought Duelled was quite impressive. Slow run race, so he took off early and had to make all the running really. Manton had every chance, and when he headed Duelled, after making the run, Duelled could have been excused for dropping off. Instead, he stayed the trip, and was a good win. I think he'll get the 2500 on his ear, and I may have to have a dip at him on course next week