What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Chimp

Bench
Woods is an absolute plodder - no speed, no impact, never puts a shot on, he just plods around... SOFT
He looks funny and makes people smile though....

DJShaksta

First Grade
I love it when our no frills players dominate these big name plodders.
Tamou and Merrin - hahahaha

Marchad

Juniors
Him and his mate Tamou are both overrated. But they both get all the attention. Hopefully after Fifita gets snubbed by Meninga he goes and plays for Somoa.

I must be the only person who rates him. I mean he's no superstar but he's far from as bad as everyone in here makes out, jeez.

DJShaksta

First Grade
If Fifi isn't picked for origin and Woods/Tamou are I hope he comes out and tramples blokes at will the next weekend.

snout

First Grade
Woods is an absolute plodder - no speed, no impact, never puts a shot on, he just plods around... SOFT
He looks funny and makes people smile though....
Couldnt describe him better.

Put that on his tombstone

snout

First Grade
Theres a famous story from the 60/70's - not sure of the player but two well known journos from daily rags conspired to get a 2nd rater on the kangaroo tour to the UK.

They basically followed the formula we see now. Just talked him up. He was ordinary as but he got picked. They came clean after the tour to highlight how easy it is.

Quigs - you remember this?

Chimp

Bench
Anyone else noticed how long players like Woods, Tamou and Merrin take to get back onside when they're team are having to clear their own line.
Those runs off your own line when the defense is up in your face are the toughest of runs, it's no coincidence that those 3 only ever make it back onside once the hard runs have been done by the wingers.

snout

First Grade
John suttons another.

Dropped balls, missed tackles. A resume of nothingness. Season after season

Frenzy.

Immortal
Anyone else noticed how long players like Woods, Tamou and Merrin take to get back onside when they're team are having to clear their own line.
Those runs off your own line when the defense is up in your face are the toughest of runs, it's no coincidence that those 3 only ever make it back onside once the hard runs have been done by the wingers.

A lot like the Sharks do? Remember the finals series of 2016?

I thinks Woods goes OK.

Chimp

Bench
Gal, Prior, Fifita do plenty of the hard yards off our own line - yes we rely on our backs to start our sets well, but the forwards don't shirk those drives on our own line.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Gal, Prior, Fifita do plenty of the hard yards off our own line - yes we rely on our backs to start our sets well, but the forwards don't shirk those drives on our own line.

Not after kicks Chimp and that's what the tone of your post was to me. It's not in the game plan. They amble back just like the others. Energy saving ploy. Word.

Chimp

Bench
To be fair, my post does read like I meant only from kicks (which all teams do), but I meant all hard yards - even from say a turn over... you never see those guys taking the tough runs - players like Gal, Fifita, Prior do - or from other clubs, Sam Burgess, Matt Scott, Nathan Brown (at parra), James Graham, even players like Tolman are happy to put their hand up and take their medicine, I just don't see that quality in Woods, Merrin or Tamou.

Eion

First Grade
Woods isn't woeful, he's quite good actually. He doesn't charge onto the ball, but is tough to bring down, has an offload and a quick play the ball.

We just happen to have 2 better front rowers in our team alone.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Fifita and Prior ripped the Panthers pack apart on Sunday. Worthy joint Players of the a Year in our 2016 Premiership year.. Both have been outstanding in 2017.

shaggs

Coach
Not after kicks Chimp and that's what the tone of your post was to me. It's not in the game plan. They amble back just like the others. Energy saving ploy. Word.
Gal has spoken about it being a part of the plan on triple m.

He says the outside backs do the dirty work and then it's up to the forwards with their energy savings to chase hard and then bash the other team off their line. I think he called it a power set

Latest posts