What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

accommodation in Wollongong

GB!

Juniors
looking for suggestions for pub style accom or holiday house for 14 blokes next week in the gong!

cheers

Nugby

Juniors
This place in Fairy Meadow is pretty good and I've organised those kinds of numbers - in a a couple of bookings rather than all 16 or so of us ;-) http://www.wslr.com.au/section.home?PHPSESSID=1e75a026ac5d6f2e1dc1281883f1878d

Meant to keep the noise down from 10pm, but you're near a few pubs and you can always drink on at the beach on the edge of the park. You also get the option of a couple of beers on the mini golf course depending how early you're there!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
we always stay at the belmore all suite..

its close to centre of town, reasonably nice and not too expensive..

no bar tho..

bazza

Immortal
For end of season cricket trips we used to always stay at the Dandaloo pub in Dapto.

It has a pub and is walkable to Kembla Grange.

At the pub they make announcements of where the RBTs are in the area

Godz Illa

Coach
A group of us rent a beach house in Wombarra every couple of years, it's up the road from Thirroul. Fantastic place, bit isolated, terrific open beach with good surf (and never crowded), and just a short drive from Sydney. Love it.

Noa

First Grade
If your lucky enough you might pick up a wife at the Piccadilly center like I did 15 years ago.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
I shudder every time I have to walk within 300m of the place...can't beleive there are actually still some buisinesses operating on the inside...as well as that motel

:lol: Luckily I was there for a Uni thing as was she (was alot cleaner then, the hotel not the wife)

But having drove by it last week I know what you mean.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I used to live in Coniston and regularly stumbled past the piccadilly on my way home on many a Saturday night. The Kebab shop is good but the rest is a mighty sh*te hole, much like a mini version of Canberra

Noa

First Grade
Kebabs were $2:50 when I was in the gong, great bargain back then

If you want to be smack in the middle of Wollongong, there is the Harp Hotel. There is also a motor inn around the corner on Crown St called Downtown Motel which I stayed in last time I was in the Gong for a wedding. Good rooms and pretty affordable, and is a good spot if you're planning on going to multiple venues throughout the night.

Latest posts