What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

According to the papers....

Bluebag

Juniors
The police are believed to have security video footage and have asked the girl to reenact the incident, only one player may be charged and now they have problems on corroborating eveidence putting charges in doubt.

Lots of questions and until or if anyone is charged and convicted it appears these players and the club are tarnished. If there is no evidence like last year it appears that it is trial by media and despite rumours of names it is very unfair to all parties and their families.

The more I read the more doubts I have on an incident taking place, but hey, thats just me.

gaterooze

Bench
Don't have links for bluebag, but will say that those facts were mentioned in a few different articles I read over the last day or two (not all in the same one).

Turns out a lot of what was claimed by the papers early on was not quite true. Very little facts were known and they just "filled in the blanks" with their imaginations.

ibeme

First Grade
gaterooze said:
Don't have links for bluebag, but will say that those facts were mentioned in a few different articles I read over the last day or two (not all in the same one).

Turns out a lot of what was claimed by the papers early on was not quite true. Very little facts were known and they just "filled in the blanks" with their imaginations.

And they wonder why those involved were getting upset with the speculation being propagated by the media. There should be more accountability in journalism.

Bluebag

Juniors
In todays SMH it was reported that the police were having some trouble corroborating evidence.

Bluebag

Juniors
I do not make up stories get involved in gossip but am just writing what I have read, if they are in fact guilty the law will deal with them appropriately and in due course.

ibeme

First Grade
I'm trying to find a link to go with this story. Was it on-line or in print?

The Colonel

Immortal
Bluebag said:
I do not make up stories get involved in gossip but am just writing what I have read, if they are in fact guilty the law will deal with them appropriately and in due course.

Just wanted to have a link to the details was all. Just covers all our butts! ;-)

Bluebag

Juniors
no problems I understand but I would never post a rumour sorry about not advising the source will do in future. forgive me.

ibeme

First Grade
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1056680.htm

Dogs players could lose contracts
Bulldogs chief executive Steve Mortimer says some of his players face strong sanctions for breaching the rugby league club's code of conduct.

The Bulldogs board will meet tomorrow night to review the contracts of some players who breached club rules by taking a woman back to the team hotel in Coffs Harbour more than a week ago.

Mortimer says the board takes the matter very seriously.

"We are going to take harsh appropriate action on the policies that have been broken by the players," he said. "The penalties could be fines to stepping down to cancellation of a contract."

Mortimer says the Bulldogs' major sponsor is sticking by the club and has given him until Friday before any decision will be made about the deal with the club.

Coffs Harbour police are continuing their investigation into the alleged assault of a woman by a number of first grade Bulldogs players.

Detectives investigating the incident say they will interview the players this week.

Inspector Matt Spondberg, in charge of the Coffs Harbour police investigation Task Force McGuigan, says those discussions will determine if DNA testing will be required.

Cooperation

Inspector Spondberg says the player interviews will be organised through Bulldogs management.

"We have the full cooperation and assistance of the Canterbury Bankstown management and will continue dealing with them during the investigation," he said.

"We are still appealing for any witnesses to come forward and assist police with this inquiry.

"At this stage there are no charges pending. Detectives from the strike force will today meet with officers from the state crime command sexual assault unit who will assist in the investigation."

Meanwhile, National Rugby League (NRL) chief executive David Gallop says he will not hide from the allegations of sexual assault when he launches the NRL season in Sydney tomorrow night.

Mr Gallop says the launch is part of a push for more women and children to go to games but other issues will now have to be addressed.

"We won't be going ahead with our launch on Wednesday night avoiding this issue," he said.

"It will certainly be something that we will touch on. There would be no sense in not touching on it given the shadow thats it has cast over the game."

The NRL has started a review of the protocols in place at all clubs for away matches and has not ruled out employing security for all teams.

JK

So we could tear up those players contracts without too many legal ramifications?

That wouldn't be too bad but I assume that we would have to find some new players to fill the gaps. Who the hell is around?? Actually hold off on that thought till those involved are identified formally.

Moffo

Referee
Bluebag said:
no problems I understand but I would never post a rumour sorry about not advising the source will do in future. forgive me.

Not a worry mate, thanks for the story. I personally had not seen it before it was posted

Lets hope its not as bad as some pathetic journos are making out (ie: The death of rugby league)

Twats

Cheers,
Moffo

ibeme

First Grade
There are already 25000 tickets sold for the double header. It seems most people aren't letting this ruin their taste for the game.

Dog-E

Juniors
Bluebag said:
The police are believed to have security video footage and have asked the girl to reenact the incident, only one player may be charged and now they have problems on corroborating eveidence putting charges in doubt.

From today's media - there is NO actual security footage from the pool area...and there will be NO re-enactments of the alleged 'incident'

No links...this is just what i know from today's (TUESDAY'S) Telegraph (And more fool me for buying the rag...) and listening 2 the radio....

RifRaf

Juniors
ibeme said:
There are already 25000 tickets sold for the double header. It seems most people aren't letting this ruin their taste for the game.
Just remeber those tix inc all season tix holder from I believe all clubs (definatley the dogs and the tigers) also rememer those who've booked could be coming for the other sides and I'd like to see how many of those tix were booked prior to all this, I'd say at least 90% .... I wouldn't see this as a "who cares I'm going anyway" result... This will hurt you lot no matter what happens from here... I just hope any pain felt (players being sacked/charges laid) are deseved and not scapegoat, lynch mob mentality and media fuel.....

ibeme

First Grade
RifRaf said:
ibeme said:
Just remeber those tix inc all season tix holder from I believe all clubs (definatley the dogs and the tigers) also rememer those who've booked could be coming for the other sides and I'd like to see how many of those tix were booked prior to all this, I'd say at least 90% .... I wouldn't see this as a "who cares I'm going anyway" result... This will hurt you lot no matter what happens from here... I just hope any pain felt (players being sacked/charges laid) are deseved and not scapegoat, lynch mob mentality and media fuel.....

Agreed. I was looking at it as more of a sign that people want to see football rather than the Bulldogs. The double-header is an event afterall. My concern is for the game of rugby league first and foremost. I place the game before my club, and ultimately want to see what is best for the game.

ibeme

First Grade
Just heard on the radio that while Sky news blurred the faces of players entering the police centre today for interviewing, another channel showed their faces. This concerns me.