What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

According to the papers....

ibeme

First Grade
ibeme said:
Just heard on the radio that while Sky news blurred the faces of players entering the police centre today for interviewing, another channel showed their faces. This concerns me.

This was just explained on the radio. Apparently, all players who went to Coffs Harbour will be interviewed, which means that the identities of those entering are not necessarily those under suspicion.

I hope channel nine have got their facts right, otherwise they may have just inadvertantly identified the accused players.

JK

Still not a good move :roll:

It will do no ones image any good to be filmed going into a cop shop. The innocent don't need such crap.

ibeme

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/03/1078191374673.html

Bulldogs arrive for interviews
March 3, 2004 - 2:05PM

Several Bulldogs players are at the Sydney Police Centre to be interviewed over gang rape allegations.

A number of the club's players have been accused of gang raping a 20-year-old woman at the Pacific Bay resort at Coffs Harbour on February 22 after a National Rugby League pre-season match in the northern NSW city.

No charges have been laid so far.

Four players walked into the Surry Hills centre around 9.15am (AEDT) to be interviewed over the allegations by officers attached to Strike Force McGuigon.

They were accompanied by lawyer Jim Young, who said he was confident the players would be cleared of any wrongdoing.

"The police have been very fair in their investigation, they have provided us with details of the allegation," he told reporters at the centre.

"The Bulldogs management now, and the players, are prepared to assist them with the investigation as much as we can.

"I think that ultimately the players, as we understand it, will be vindicated."

It's understood all the club's players who were in Coffs Harbour at the time of the alleged rape will be interviewed over the next two days.

The first four players interviewed today emerged from the police centre with lawyer Jim Young just after midday (AEDT).

None of the players was willing to talk to the waiting media, and Mr Young merely said there was a long way to go in the interview process.

He said there were still 21 players to be questioned throughout today and tomorrow."We have still got a long way to go, there's 25 (players) police want to see so we'll be back later this afternoon," he told reporters.

When asked if any of the first four players to be interviewed had provided DNA samples to police, Mr Young said: "I'm not permitted at this stage (to comment) while investigations are going on."

And when asked if the players had a choice about submitting to the tests he replied: "Yes."

A total 16 players scheduled to talk to police today.

I hope the quote about being vindicated isn't just lawyer speak. He says, 'as we understand it'. It gives the impression that something's been explained to them or eluded to by someone.

ibeme

First Grade
atomic_crimson said:
video footage... one of the first stories i heard said there was no surveillance in the pool area???

There were none of the pool area, but they've got quite a bit of vision from other areas that they'll use to try to monitor people's movements etc