What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Clune

Dragons4me

Juniors
Good luck to him. I really wish him well.
However why do I see this as the club simply throwing out some news (any news) in what really is a pathetic attempt to counter mounting criticism and critique of our current situation. The silence from our new CEO is deafening. Perhaps he's gone into a permanent state of shock now since learning of our situation. How the mighy have fallen.

merahputih

Juniors
However why do I see this as the club simply throwing out some news (any news) in what really is a pathetic attempt to counter mounting criticism and critique of our current situation. The silence from our new CEO is deafening. Perhaps he's gone into a permanent state of shock now since learning of our situation. How the mighy have fallen.
The whole board has been in a coma and on life support for some time. The best thing that could happen (I know it won't!) is for WIN Corp. to cut its losses and pull the pin, leaving a more dynamic and ambitious organisation to take over and clear the dead wood from both the administration and coaching staff. The culture of mediocrity and financial negligence that has seeped into the walls of this joint since 2011 like a Covid-19 outbreak needs to be fumigated. It won't be an easy job: the club has lost all traces of the inherited greatness of the glory years and now sits comfortably among the perennial cellar dwellers of the competition.

getsmarty

Immortal
SIGNINGS

Dragons re-sign Adam Clune
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 5 Jun 2020, 07:55 AM

St George Illawarra have announced that playmaker Adam Clune has re-signed with the Dragons for a further two seasons.

Clune – who will also make his NRL debut this weekend against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – will remain at the Red V until at least the end of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The local Albion Park-Oak Flats Eagles junior's association with the Dragons began in 2011 when he featured for the Illawarra Steelers' Harold Matthews team.

Clune was this season rewarded with a development player contract after a huge 2019 Canterbury Cup campaign; a deal that was upgraded to a Top 30 contract following his impressive pre-season.

Clune will also celebrate his 25th birthday and his 100th senior game at the Red V when he runs out onto Bankwest Stadium on Monday afternoon.

"Re-signing wasn't something I had expected or given thought to especially so early in the season but it's an exciting moment in my career. I've never been in this position previously," Clune said.

"My journey has been different to most so to re-sign for a further two years is incredible. I'm looking forward to helping the Dragons move forward and achieve success.

"I love the club, the area and all the long-lasting relationships I've formed since I've been associated with the Dragons.

"Getting told I was going to make my debut was pretty crazy," Clune added, who has also contended with a whack to the nose this week. "I was overwhelmed when I was told; the reception I received from the boys was unreal. I'm grateful for all the support."

Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward congratulated Clune on earning his contract extension.

"It's tremendous news for our team going forward. While Adam has had a number of injuries to contend with throughout his career, he has worked so hard to be where he is. Adam is a well-respected individual at our club," Millward said.

"An extremely skilful and intelligent playmaker, Clune is a thorough professional and is a great example for other players to never give up and hang tough – his NRL debut this week has come as no shock to anyone at the Dragons."

"With Ben Hunt and Corey Norman already established players, as well as the emergence of Jayden Sullivan, we are certainly pleased with the balance of the playmakers within our squad for the coming seasons."

St George Illawarra can also confirm Dragons winger Jason Saab has requested an immediate release from the remainder of his contract, which currently runs until the end of the 2022 season.

The Dragons hold the 19-year-old in high esteem and consider him a long-term player at the club, and therefore have denied Saab's request.

The Dragons will be making no further comment regarding Saab at this stage.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/05/dragons-re-sign-adam-clune/

Gareth67

First Grade
Millward discusses Clune retention
Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward discusses playmaker Adam Clune's two-year contract extension.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/05/millward-discusses-clune-retention/

I just don’t like the look of that . The man has been put in the electric chair by the maestro
and now out of the blue they announce that he has been signed for a further 2 years ?

God fortune to the young man , however my point is , is he resigning suppose to calm the natives ? What about Saab , will he be allowed to walk onto greener pastures with the board saying “ Well we have extended Adam Clune’s contract , 1 out of 5 ain’t bad - what more do you want ? “

getsmarty

Immortal
I just don’t like the look of that . The man has been put in the electric chair by the maestro
and now out of the blue they announce that he has been signed for a further 2 years ?

God fortune to the young man , however my point is , is he resigning suppose to calm the natives ? What about Saab , will he be allowed to walk onto greener pastures with the board saying “ Well we have extended Adam Clune’s contract , 1 out of 5 ain’t bad - what more do you want ? “

Other clubs were sniffing around....Damned if you do, damned if you don't....I.M.O good retention...

Now sack the coach and bring in someone who know's what they are doing and then we can judge the players under a proper coach.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Ryan Webb has been personally responding to negative fan emails. Of course, I want him to sack Mary yesterday, but it seems to me the writing is on the wall for Mary regardless of the next 2 games.

Gareth67

First Grade
Other clubs were sniffing around....Damned if you do, damned if you don't....I.M.O good retention...

Now sack the coach and bring in someone who know's what they are doing and then we can judge the players under a proper coach.

I agree he is indeed a good retention , hopefully they will do likewise with the remaining young talent .

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
The whole board has been in a coma and on life support for some time. The best thing that could happen (I know it won't!) is for WIN Corp. to cut its losses and pull the pin, leaving a more dynamic and ambitious organisation to take over and clear the dead wood from both the administration and coaching staff. The culture of mediocrity and financial negligence that has seeped into the walls of this joint since 2011 like a Covid-19 outbreak needs to be fumigated. It won't be an easy job: the club has lost all traces of the inherited greatness of the glory years and now sits comfortably among the perennial cellar dwellers of the competition.
If only.

BLM01

First Grade

Yeh..the timing is pretty sus or a desperation grab for any player to show they want to stay and some taming of the fans
However they talk if it is the right time for Clune and he is now readdy blah blah
If the Drgaons were going at 50/50 win loss last year and this year we all know too well Clune would not even be considered.
Now he is a big part of their future halves plans...I dont but they way Millward sold that..but good luck to the kid..hope he kills em and keeps his spot

possm

Coach
Clune is a good organiser and has a great long pass and knows how to find gaps in the defence. I hope he goes well.
I can't wait to see Norman, Hunt, Dufty, Aitken and Lafai all leave our backline.

We need a first-grade fullback
We need Saab on the right-wing
Can't wait to see a Sullivan / Clune halves combination

In the forwards we need to lose Graham, Host and K Sims. Replace them with D Fifita and a first grade prop. I'd like to see Blacker and Ford on the bench in 2021.

redv13

Bench
I can't wait to see Norman, Hunt, Dufty, Aitken and Lafai all leave our backline.

We need a first-grade fullback
We need Saab on the right-wing
Can't wait to see a Sullivan / Clune halves combination

In the forwards we need to lose Graham, Host and K Sims. Replace them with D Fifita and a first grade prop. I'd like to see Blacker and Ford on the bench in 2021.
Wow. Ok sure, no problem. Your in charge now possm as Basil is too busy coaching the team. Good luck

Latest posts