What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFLBC

Perth Red

Post Whore
All of this is out of the NRL's control. The imbalance in reporting has got a life and momentum of its own. Whinging merkins like you though prefer to buy into the Murdoch narrative that the NRL is run by idiots who don't know what they're doing.

Easy to lay the blame at others feet whilst you stare at your own doing nothing to change it.

At the end of the day, you are solely responsible for your success and your failure. And the sooner you realize that, you accept that, and integrate that into your work ethic, you will start being successful. As long as you blame others for the reason you aren't where you want to be, you will always be a failure.
Erin

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could you find 50 more ways of making the same point you have made here 2 bloody thousand times already?

Every time someone starts a thread whinging about the unfair treatment of NRL like it is some national conspiracy controlled by the afl I will bring an alternative view that maybe you get in life what you work for. Apologies if this in someway upsets you lol. There is an ignore button, please feel free to use it, I won't be upset.

Lets get this into perspective.
The locals were not playing fumbleball when the first fleet arrived.
Tom wills wrote the first laws of the game after returning home from Rugby School in England where he played 19th century Rugby and Cricket.
Fumbleball is played with a Rugby Shaped ball on a Cricket Oval.
Tow Wills saw a game played in Victoria a fusion of 19th century Rugby and Gaelic football between English and Irish gold miners. Combine that with his stay at Rugby school in England and we have fumbleball.
Its Australian in origin as pasta.
Its a game imported from England and Ireland.
Its the Anglo-Irish game.
To call it Australia's game is an insult to all them early miners who played the game and from who after his stay in England Tom Wills wrote the first laws of the game.

j5o6hn

Juniors
I rang 720 ABC Perth some time ago to enquire as to why RL scores were not given major NRL games were given short shift on the AFL half hour which masquerades as a SPORTS show.
I was informed that in the eyes of the Perth ABC the NRL was not a national sport and if they put a team in Perth it might change,very similar to 6PR but at least the mention RL, and have publicized the South's game in Perth,ABC 720 crickets.
It also may be down to the presenter of the morning show is a rabid Dockers and AFL fanatic,who near chokes is the NRL comes up.
So far as 9 Perth goes ex AFL player runs sport so I,m not surprised RL struggles,why Sydney does not pull them into gear I dont know

applesauce

Bench
Why would a NATIONAL broadcast company alienate at least 4 states (regardless of population breakdown) just to appease 2 states?

AFL has something to offer every major market (even if it is not the most popular in all), the NRL doesn't. Direct your anger towards the NRL vision instead of fruitlessly blaming the ABC.

taipan

Referee
Why would a NATIONAL broadcast company alienate at least 4 states (regardless of population breakdown) just to appease 2 states?

AFL has something to offer every major market (even if it is not the most popular in all), the NRL doesn't. Direct your anger towards the NRL vision instead of fruitlessly blaming the ABC.

Last I heard the NRL had a team in Victoria,that equates to 3 states,even if not the most popular code.

The ABC had no qualms ramming AFL down out throats when there was no Qld AFL or NSW AFL team.
Giving scores from other codes on a national broadcaster owned by the Taxpaying public,hardly alienates the major code.Bias shows like dogs b*lls.

Patorick

Staff member
Blame Rupert....
Or the one in the middle.

CHGld90WkAAuwUv.jpg

You would hardly know the NRL grand final is on this weekend if the ABC website is a guide.

Look at the Grandstand front page. Top 6 stories are

www.abc.net.au/news/sport/

AFL
AFL
NRL
RUWC
NRL
AFL

Then the features sidebar:
AFL
AFL
AFL
RUWC
AFL
NRL
AFL
AFL
AFL
AFL

Reading the news stories this week has seen a rough ratio of 3:1 AFL:NRL grand final stories and features.

There's no doubt the AFLBC sports department is infested with Victorians. Our sport can't get proportional and fair coverage anywhere.

What we have with the ABC and the aFL are 2 organizations that rely on taxpayers hand outs.
Without the taxpayer the ABC wouldn't exist and the aFL would just be a small part time sport in the southern states.

bobmar28

Bench
Maybe the afl has just been much much better in creating the perception that it is the only national footy code and more popular with a greater reach and following? Maybe that is why media gives it more airtime because they think the Australian public is more interested in it? Or maybe your right, for no logical or sensible reason the medias decision makers Are all from Melbourne and hate NRL lol.

Not media - ABC.

elbusto

Coach
Abcs coverage today is excellent. The game drives its own future. The afl needs the media. Our game is better and looks after itself

Cletus

First Grade
I was listening to jjj this morning, the chick from the marngrook footy show who was on to talk about the gf not only didn't understand the rules, she said she didn't even watch the game!

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I was listening to jjj this morning, the chick from the marngrook footy show who was on to talk about the gf not only didn't understand the rules, she said she didn't even watch the game!

I really hate this type of journalism, what did she say in particular?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade

Disappointed they couldn't get Amanda Shalala on, she's fantastic.

Cletus

First Grade
I really hate this type of journalism, what did she say in particular?
Just some stuff about JT, but then she said she only watched the last two minutes (probably on the news) and didn't know how golden point worked. Marngrok is an afl show so she probably and she's Victorian so that's how they roll I guess, ignorance is a virtue

Disappointed they couldn't get Amanda Shalala on, she's fantastic.

Yeah she's great, she's a real sports journo too not a code warrior

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
More on the annoying side, on abc24 today some reporter was talking about the Cowboys winning the flag. Probably an oversight by the chap, but come on, know your stuff