What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Bunniesman, Cronk, Smith, JT, Farah and Benji go.....

Loudstrat

Coach
Found this image in this site

http://www.charliesaab.loadblower.com

picture.php

eozsmiles

Bench
Can't believe people would talk down Luke Walsh. When he debuted he knocked the heir apparent, Joey Mullen, out of the 7 jumper. Then his club coach called him the best halfback in the club when his halves partner played 7 in origin.

Since then he has led the Panthers to their current position and now he's probably the best halfback in Western Sydney. Wow. Who'd have thought an unassuming bloke like Luke would be a victim of the tall poppy syndrome.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, a good prank that sucked a few in, including myself.

The only thing poor old Chucky has to throw around when he gets in over his head though.

PR, Id probably prefer you to be running the NRL TBH :lol:

I'm just waiting for the call mate. Would need to agree to allow me to run it from Perth though!

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes :lol: So true. He has a very good kicking game - I'd rather have his than Sowards. People who deathride him point to his poor running game and organising. When Elliot left Penrith and Cleary came in, Many expected him to unleash Walsh a bit, and that he has done.

Walsh isnt Origin standard yet by a long shot. But fmd Pearce aint Sterlo or Joey either. Pearce survives by his defence - handy yes, but not what a halfback is there for. All I said was that in a few years when the current guns are past it, there is a clear void before you get to the untried talent. DCE, Foran, Johnston et-al havent completed 2 seasons yet ffs.

From that, Saab has decided that Sandow is destined for maroon greatness, and Walsh is the eternal nuffie :crazy:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
5 years from now ...

Fullback: Glen Fisiiahi, Omar Slaimankhel, Evander Cummins
Five-Eighth: Keiran Foran, Aiden Sezer, Corey Norman
Halfback: Shaun Johnson, Gary Riccardi, Adam Reynolds, Ben Hunt .. and DCE to a lesser extent. Potentially Jacob Miller if his defence improves.
Hooker: Cam King the clear standout .. Andrew McCullogh to a lesser extent

On the topic of youngsters, what has happened to Jake Mullaney??

Radical Rat

Juniors
Corey Norman is one who springs to mind straight away, like Fourex said. He's only 21 years old in his first year of first grade, replacing Darren Lockyer. He's 6"3, and is already 96kgs - give him 4 or 5 years to properly fill out and develop his game and he's going to be scary good. DCE too, when he fills out a bit more, will be a fantastic talent. I think those 2 will be the QLD halves when Cronk/JT call it quits.

Corey Norman 6"3!!! please....there is no way he's over 6 foot.

Loudstrat

Coach
Dragonz Rule - in 5 years time:

NZ
6. Foran
7. Johnston
9. ?

NSW
6. possibly Dugan or Maloney ?
7. ?
9. ?

QLD
6. Norman
7. Maybe DCE but not certain
9. Srama/McCullough

firechild

First Grade
5 years from now ...

Fullback: Glen Fisiiahi, Omar Slaimankhel, Evander Cummins
Five-Eighth: Keiran Foran, Aiden Sezer, Corey Norman
Halfback: Shaun Johnson, Gary Riccardi, Adam Reynolds, Ben Hunt .. and DCE to a lesser extent. Potentially Jacob Miller if his defence improves.
Hooker: Cam King the clear standout .. Andrew McCullogh to a lesser extent

On the topic of youngsters, what has happened to Jake Mullaney??

Wow. You rate a bloke who can't get a crack at first grade over a halfback that led his team to a premiership in his debut season? Big call. I'm actually surprised Riccardi hasn't been given a run in Foran's absence. Will be interesting to see how he handles 1st grade.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I know he's not in the spine, but Knights fans, wtf happened to Siuatonga Likiliki?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Hmmm... Corey Norman's debut year. Was that a different Corey Norman the donkeys trotted out at fullback a couple of years ago?

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
He is injured at the moment but I think that James Tedesco is a future origin & test player. Pity he only lasted 30 minutes for the season. He was impressive in the trials.

What happened to Beau Henry. Wasn't he meant to be the next big thing.

This is Norman's third year in the nrl but really only the first time he's had a bigger role than covering for Lockyer during the odd match.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
What happened to Beau Henry. Wasn't he meant to be the next big thing.

This is Norman's third year in the nrl but really only the first time he's had a bigger role than covering for Lockyer during the odd match.

Yeah - the bench of 2009 NYC is doing better than the starting team, atm.

bar Romelo, of course.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Henry is talented but lazy, and has also had injuries. Basically Chris Sandow without the opportunity to waltz into a shithouse souffs team.

And lol@antifag, JWH, Merrin, Buhrer, Bromwich, Waddell, and Lui have all played plenty of first grade. 3 of them have played rep footy. They got the halves arse about in that team, but the progression of young players is often more about opportunity than out and out talent. Would we have seen much of DCE if the Dogs hadn't gone so hard for Hodkinson? Merrin filled the hole left by Poore, but Marketo has been stuck behind Creagh, Young, Scott, Smith, Costigan, Cuthbertson, and Prior, and had to compete with De Belin and McKinnon.

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
Norman is taller than 6"1. Justin Hodges is 6"3 and Norman stands eye to eye with him on the field.