What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah shit, look at all these dishes!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Dugan - 7 Solid game, he's got a good footy brain, what he lacks in pace makes up for his tackle busts and ability t read the play.
Holmes- 6 That's better from him, playing in position and good amount of involvement still not enough.
Ramien - 7 He's a good kid, a bad defensive read but made up for it later and two meaties to his name.
Loots - 6 Yeah he's solid and all, a real goer in defense but learn to read the attack son. (Pass the f**king pill)
Lee - 6 Still the gangly mess but the cornrows somehow make him look better.
Moylan - 7 best game in Sharks colours, that roaming unstructured play is what suits him best, does it suit the team though? hmmm
Chad - 8 Came of age a bit tonight, really dependable, dangerous when running the line, kicking got us out of the shit so many times. defense was great.
Fifi - 8 He's a monster, that's all there is to it.
Brails - 7 Great game, maturing into a good ball player and stole plenty of meters
Prior 7 - Just work horse effort for extra minutes
Sorenson - 7 Yeah flashy try and all but he gets gassed quickly, had good involvement early and got us infront. Good back up for Boogs when he returns (Hurry up Boogs)
Lewis - Injured
Paulo - 6 Good involvement in the center, bit of a liability tackle big dudes though, he does add a bit of a question mark in attack, I prefer Gal.
Capewell - 6.5 Solid reliable for good effort off the bench, probs why Flanno brought him off the bench (even though he replaced Lewie in the 12th minute) Plenty of minutes, didn't faze him too much
Ava - 6 Stood up ok for a pressure game, Flanno is persevering with him which is mildly paying off in pressure situations like this one.
Dillon 5 Probably about 2 years off being a decent prop, he's young though early 20's?
Seggy 5 Don't understand the thinking, we could have used Uele but maybe we don't win as our last try was off his kick. I see it as a waste, he got hooked after 18 minutes?

2 points keeps us in the hunt.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dugan - 7
Holmes - 7
Ramien - 7
Loots - 5
Lee - 7
Moylan - 7
Townsend - 9
Fifita- 9
Brailey - 7
Prior - 8
Sorensen - 7
Lewis - 3
Paulo - 6
Segeyaro - 6
Capewell - 7
Seumanufagai - 5
Dillon - 6

Washup withheld

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
Dugan was huge today he is best fullback in the club, even too the point i placing foot in goal to take the catch that got us a 20 metre restart, he is always looking for offload, and when we get penalty he wants the ball for the option of quick tap.

Moylan that is was we signed him, and Flanno admitted they changed game a little for him and is showed.

CT thats what we want from him each week, good judgements in defence on line, and not as many inside passes.

Paulo before injured always ready with offload, and goes to line with speed.

Leutele needs to look for winger

Sorensen what a try, and also a plus he got out of the way for Moylan in attack as well, this allowed the centre to get ball with room, Graham is due back next week lets hope same thing happens, i would prefer Graham plays closer to the middle, we have different structure with Moylan dont need him getting involved in backline, and we did same on right side Capewell when cam on for lewis got out of the way.

We have some fire power in backline forwards need to give them room, just run the correct lines.

Brailey started jumping out from dummy half and looks better for it.

Edrick well he showed he can make mistakes still, i would pump for katoa when he is ready is more dangerous.

Holmes played well will make good combo with ramien, they switched too at sometimes

Weaponhead

Coach
Fifita was massive. Offload created a lot of attack. Played big minutes.

Fifita created space that brought Moylan into the game. He is dangerous in broken play.

Dugan was class.

Chad was much improved. Defended well and kicked well. Still to find running spark that would add to the attack.

Sorensen was gutsy. Busted but kept coming. Superb individual try.

Ramien is so robust and strong. Good player. Shit to lose him.

Prior was more like 2016. Hit hard and went forward.

Brailey showed some spark. He looked more confident.

Fafita huge. Lead us to victory. Not sure if he knew what to do as Captain when we got the penalty for the mongrel shot by Steph's ex. Dugan looked like he was calling the shot at goal.

Think Seggy got a knock, not sure whether head or other but was sitting on the ground for a spell before being replaced. Think taken off, not hooked as a precaution.

Paulo busted, not from the 'head' knock but limping badly when replaced. Still came back on when Capewell got hurt (?). Gutsy dude. Love what he brings.

Winning with 15 fit players, Lewis gone and Paulo on one leg, fantastic.

Amazing goal line defence, other than last ten minutes that were cardiac material.

All up, beat the 'riffers, parked far enough away (had too anyway) that one of them wouldn't have taken a liking to it and driven it home, and are looking solid. 3-4 record not as bad as some.

txta2

Bench
So you rate Townsend higher than Dugan, Brailey and Ramien.
Is this for effort ,,,because I'll admit Chad tried wealy wealy hard....pity he bombed every half chance presented to him.

sandshark

Bench
Dugan - 7
Holmes - 7
Ramien - 7
Loots - 5
Lee - 7
Moylan - 7
Townsend - 9
Fifita- 9
Brailey - 7
Prior - 8
Sorensen - 7
Lewis - 3
Paulo - 6
Segeyaro - 6
Capewell - 7
Seumanufagai - 5
Capewell - 7

Washup withheld
Townsend - 9? 9 inside passes maybe.. I'd say he was a solid 8, defended well against Maloney, did his job as a kicker but not much in attack once again unfortunately.

Moylan for me was a lot better than a 7, he showed a lot of confidence and go out there. I hope it just wasn't a one time "this is what you let go" performance and he can do it again next week and the week after.

wibble

Bench
Best game in quite some time, Penrith (although also busted) were in decent form and gave it a real go, but we were too good.

Dugan- 8 One of the best on the park, turned the game with his run early in the second half, good kick in the first half, diffused kicks well for the most part. We look much better with an in form Dugan at full back

Lee- 7 Another solid performance, despite looking dodgy with his hands, he held up well, and again made good hit ups. Might be hard to shift him on current form

Leutele- 7 Solid in defence, ran up at the right time to shut down plays, very under rated as a defensive centre. But he really has to try to be less fancy in attack, and just do regular draw and pass plays. Stuffed up a few attacking plays

Ramien- 8 Another miss in defence but that is pretty normal for centres, most have 1 lapse or so per game, for a kid he is doing remarkably. Very threatening with ball in hand, I wasn't upset to lose him to Newcastle before I knew how good he was, but he is playing better than plenty of seasoned veterans in the centres

Holmes- 7 Another not terrible game, so again much better than at the start of the year. We want more than not terrible for a high profile player, but at least he is improving

Moylan- 8 Easily his best performance in Shark's colours. Still looks a bit disjointed with the rest of the team, but much less so, and many individual moments when he threatened. He didn't particularly look more flashy than his other few games, but he looked much sounder, and his attitude was good. This was really noticeable in his much improved defence

Townsend- 8 Out pointed the dangerous and in form Maloney (who was about Penrith's best) so not much more you could ask of your halfback. Controlled the game well, when we were on the back foot he kicked us out of trouble well (along with a great kick chase all night from all the team, which is also a very good sign). Also looked threatening at moments, which is something we all want to see more of

Fifita- 9 Just a monstrous effort, he has been our best all year and put in another great game. Very damaging runs, solid in defense. But apparently there are 5 or 6 props for NSW in better form...

Brailey- 8 Best game for us this year, possibly best for us ever. Much fewer errors, and much more willingness to attack. He was very dangerous in attack. I have been a bit down on his form this year, but I'm delighted to see this game from him. If he develops his attack like he did today, he could be great

Prior- 9 Along with Fifita, best on the park. Much better from Prior than most of his 2017 form, and his defense is vital to our success. Loving seeing the hard hitting, high line speed, Prior back for the Sharks

Sorenson- 7 Great game from a player asked to step up. Obviously found the step up physically taxing, and stuck with it all game. Great individual try, top defense from an inexperienced player. Showed lots of guts and lots of athleticism and must be on Flanno's radar for more first grade time after that effort

Lewis- 4 Tough to rate, was fine for 13 minutes then came off injured. Hope he is OK, but if he needs a rest, give him a spell. He's earned it

Paulo- 7 Somewhat dampened game from injury, but started really well, creative in the middle, and defended with plenty of heart. He is probably too good to be a 5th choice back rower, but that is where he is stuck with us

Segeyaro- 8 Great play when he was on. Like with Melbourne, we were starting to flag and when he came on it turned around. No coincidence that we won both of those with similar 60 minute mark surges. Hope he wasn't injured, probably came off too early if not, though Brailey was outstanding also

Dillon- 7 Fewer errors, same heart as last week. Tough position to play for a young player, and he came on and did fine. Flanno will be delighted with his few showings, knowing we have prop back up when needed

Capewell - 7 Good game, like many here, I think he looks better the more game time he gets. Maybe not an ideal sub player except if you have injuries. But he got in to the grind early with Lewis off, and did all he was asked to

Seumanufagai - 6 In a theme for the whole team, was his best game for us this year, and did enough that I think maybe we should stick with him. Still doesn't seem the monster he was last year (against us, for example!) but today churned out a useful spell in which we didn't go backwards despite him replacing players who were on fire

Overall an excellent game, with some very big outs from the team. Gives the players who were out something to consider.

On another note, Penrith looked a bit inexperienced (other than Maloney and Wallace, obviously. Merrin and Tamou in theory have experience but are their worst forwards) but gee they have potential. Kikau, Yeo, RCG, all ran hard and are very difficult to stop. I think our young forwards will get a lot out of getting the better of such an impressive pack.

bluefox68

Staff member
Dugan - 7
Holmes - 7
Ramien - 7
Loots - 5
Lee - 7
Moylan - 7
Townsend - 9
Fifita- 9
Brailey - 7
Prior - 8
Sorensen - 7
Lewis - 3
Paulo - 6
Segeyaro - 6
Capewell - 7
Seumanufagai - 5
Capewell - 7

Washup withheld
You have Capewell twice. 17 was Dillon - I’d give him a 4...

Frenzy.

Immortal
So you rate Townsend higher than Dugan, Brailey and Ramien.
Is this for effort ,,,because I'll admit Chad tried wealy wealy hard....pity he bombed every half chance presented to him.

No. It was to get a reaction from you.

I win

carcharias

Immortal
Fifitazos 10
Best front rower we’ve ever had.
He was the best player on the feild last week as well .

Ramzos 8
Brailzos 8
Sorenzos 8
Dugzos 9
Moyzazos 8
Chadzos 8
Priorzos solid 9
The rest solid 7’s

A few f**k ups but at least they were making breaks and blowing try’s instead of giving away try’s