What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly and co

Card Shark

Immortal
Can't blame them...& it's got not so much to do with how good they are / were...they are entitled to some compensation.

That compensation will be determined partly by how good they are & how long they had left in the game. However, they will get lots of compensation for degrading their name & putting their health at risk through lack of duty of care.

I think in the end, most players will sue. f**k I hope insurance covers this! I suppose that comes under indemnity insurance??

Can anyone tell me how this litigation works in regards to who gets sued?
Are they taking the current admin to court, even though they were not in office when it all happened?
Are the present admin allowed to take the previous admin, and anyone from the coaching staff involved, to court (if they lose of course)?

Seems to me like there will be a settlement of sorts, what do the legal minds think?

johnny plath

Juniors
Its confusing, and again maybe someone with legal nous could enlighten us, but if the crux of ASADA finding players guilty of taking a banned substance is that ultimately the athlete is responsible for what they put in their body, how can anyone but the player be responsible for their actions. I understand the elements of peer pressure, and trusting coaching staff etc, but in legal terms will it come down to the fact that the players could have refused to be part of the program that will lead to their suspensions and loss of earnings, reputation, etc etc.

Eion

First Grade
yeah sure

its called ' borderline illegal activity insurance'

all the criminals take it out

and Islamic terrorists take out 'suicide bomber insurance'

There is PI insurance that may cover. Depends on the policy, the parties and the allegations. It would be in the plaintiffs interest to have an insurer pick this up as they have deeper pockets than tiler flanno or damo.

We are seeing the bombers insurer kicking the tin for their appeal for example.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not know if insurance covers it, but if it does, every bodies premiums will go up.

Thanks Flanno, the sporting world loves you work, including insurance companies, who in the long run do not lose.

Latest posts