What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Glenn

Usain Bolt

Bench
I love how Glenn can take a big shot and still get up, he should be on the Kiwi team every year but sometimes he's overlooked for merkins like Blair and Pritchard

Big Pete

Referee
He's good but slightly overrated by some.

McGuire is the real star of our pack at the moment.

Brisbane are blessed.

miccle

Bench
I actually wanted Glenn to get the captaincy after Lockyer's retirement. Not the clearest or most supported choice but IMO he would've been a better option than Thaiday.

Quality player.

Snappy

Coach
^^^ Uh huh.

A lot of those tries he scores himself he makes something our of nothing.

Our halves are seriously lacking at the moment. Wallace just played possibly is worst game in Broncos colours.

gypsy

Bench
^^^ Uh huh.

A lot of those tries he scores himself he makes something our of nothing.

Our halves are seriously lacking at the moment. Wallace just played possibly is worst game in Broncos colours.

Is English your second language? :cool:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Brisbane are blessed.

I'm a Maguire fan, I thought he would have played origin this year over Hannant.

Someone better bless your halves.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm a Maguire fan, I thought he would have played origin this year over Hannant.

Someone better bless your halves.

The halves are just the cross we bear. ;-)

Hannant has probably been our form player all season, he deserved his spot. It's Bulla who's position should be under fire but Qld are willing to stick by him for being such a wonderful player for all these years.

Win, lose or draw I hope he has a big one on Wednesday, Petero. I don't respect any other player in the game more than him.

wibble

Bench
The halves are just the cross we bear. ;-)

Hannant has probably been our form player all season, he deserved his spot. It's Bulla who's position should be under fire but Qld are willing to stick by him for being such a wonderful player for all these years.

Win, lose or draw I hope he has a big one on Wednesday, Petero. I don't respect any other player in the game more than him.

You can't have rep players in every position!

I've been a big fan of Norman, I think he will be a rep player, but he went into his shell last night.

McGuire really should be in Origin over Petero, but I can see why they stuck with him for sentimental reasons (and its not like he is going to ever play poorly).

Back on topic, Glenn is a great player and will be a fantastic leader too, at some point. This Origin period will do wonders for his development.

I am amazed that the Broncos keep finding players who are so good, so young. No team has a right to be so level headed when most of its players are Glenn's age, but players like him continue to show maturity normally seen in forwards only half way into their careers.

I'm a big fan of the Roosters pack, but compare their young stars to guys like Glenn, with similar talent and ability, and the young members of the Broncos pack play like they are so much more experienced.

Mr Fourex

Bench

Brisbane are blessed.

Agree with your assessment and a tad bemused by the jizz being thrown around about his game last night.

McGuire is the form forward at Brisbane at the moment and deservedly should be getting bigger wraps.

Glenn compared to last year has been quiet.

That said, I thought Alex lead the boys well last night and come up with a couple big plays when it was needed most.

McGuire will play SOO in 2013 in some shape or form.........

Big Pete

Referee
You can't have rep players in every position!

I've been a big fan of Norman, I think he will be a rep player, but he went into his shell last night.

McGuire really should be in Origin over Petero, but I can see why they stuck with him for sentimental reasons (and its not like he is going to ever play poorly).

Back on topic, Glenn is a great player and will be a fantastic leader too, at some point. This Origin period will do wonders for his development.

I am amazed that the Broncos keep finding players who are so good, so young. No team has a right to be so level headed when most of its players are Glenn's age, but players like him continue to show maturity normally seen in forwards only half way into their careers.

I'm a big fan of the Roosters pack, but compare their young stars to guys like Glenn, with similar talent and ability, and the young members of the Broncos pack play like they are so much more experienced.

Heh, I was exaggerating, hence the emoticon. I don't mind our halves but I'm aware that the Bronco pack has to carry them as they don't have the ability to get the side out of a jam, yet.

MacDougall

First Grade
Watching the game last night I was saying Glenn's name out loud as though I was counting. One time for every hit he put on. He is tremendously good. The size he put on in the off season has reaped massive rewards.

Hallatia

Referee
I don't like how big he's gotten, he was much better looking when he was a bit leaner, he has a scarier look to him now. But it has been good for his football