What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfie Langer

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I took my dog for a walk on Allan Langer oval at Blair state school on the weekend, she layed a cable next to the Allan Langer sign, I gave her many treats that night.

There are laws forbidding that sort of thing you know?

97 is a full premiership due to the fact the Broncos slaughtered everyone in 98

Yeah because 97-98 is one season. What is this the NBA?

We beat you in 98.

Parra beat you twice in 98, including once in the semis.

You didn't slaughter everyone.

97 is not a true premiership from either side.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Watched the game live at Suncorp last night.

Langer is on for every set when the Broncos have the ball, positioning himself behind the first receiver barking out .

When the other team gets the ball he jogs off.

My 10 year old son asked who the guy in blue was and if he was allowed to do that.

This is what happens when you don't have a real halfback to organise the team.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Surprised you couldn’t find one of the 8000 threads and posts about this from years ago. Of course people finally stopped whinging about Alf when they realised he’s not on the field any more or less than any other clubs’ trainers and it’s just the fact he’s more recognisable that makes it seem like he is.

I used to feel the same way about Toovey but I realised letting something like that spoil my enjoyment of the game was really really stupid.

That's rubbish.

Langer was on for every Broncos set.

The Manly trainer was hardly on at all.

In fact the Broncos more often than not had TWO trainers on the field.

Some other guy in orange would come out and give the drinks. While Alfie walked around with a cloth and bottle.....

some11

Referee
He's only being doing it for 10 years, and every now and then people figure it out and get outraged about it.

And now I'm outraged, thanks.

gUt

Coach
When I said "people" Spock, I meant normal people, not whingebots and weirdos.

Latest posts