What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All deals are off until you find form: Parra boss

Gronk

Staff member
They'll need to find some enthusiasm otherwise the Raiders will pull their pants down.

I'm behind Ando & Ozzie. If Mateo, KK, Inu & Guru want to sign elsewhere then f**k em. We can sign JT with that combined coin.

yy_cheng

Coach
I don't think it is good. It is punishing players w/o a contract whereas the ones who still have a contract:

Reddy, Tahu, Mortz, Robbo, MK, Poore, Caylo, Hindy, Benny can still play as a busted arse.

There should be another way like sport psycology.,

Juniors
How can this alienate someone in the club, this will just prove how mentally weak some of our players are if they complain...FFS why does everybody get so defensive, if it was say a civoniciva or steve price etc would they honestly complain....We have signed and re-signed players in the last 10 years on potential and where has that got us we still havent won anything...

True EEL

Bench
i think it is a fair move.....might not have been a good thing to name names in this situation.....as those players would know who they are anyway and some of them named have been trying

but i think Ozzie is telling a porkie if he thinks the contract negotiations are NOT a factor in the player's form.....look what the 3P vote did to on-field form last year

i think he is saying one thing and doing the other - he is challenging the players to have a go rather than just worry about who they are going to sign with because right now they are PARRAMATTA EELS and they need to step up

i think its fair enough - and if they step up well done, if they drop their collective or individual bundles, well maybe we didn't need them anyway

because as loyal and as passionate as i am about the Eels, i'm sick of being a laughing stock of the comp instead of being consistent premiership favourites....we ALWAYS start the season like this - a yo-yo team - and ALWAYS have embarrassing losses to teams like Cronulla and i'm over it

i'm still shocked we haven't yet seen the headline - what's the matter Parramatta? - with a picture of them huddle behind the tryline with blank looks on their faces......this team believes its own hype way, way too much and only comes good when they realise hey we actually have to have a dig to win games....???

SCoops

Juniors
IMO this is the best move.
If those offering contacts to our players want to pay huge $$ for a dud... then go for it. We can use the monies for someone who wants to play is not in it just for the pay packet.

I don't see why we should pay someone a higher $$ IF they improve. I want to see them playing top grade footy every week.

A lot of people here are saying that we should sign this person up or that person for higher $$$ or it would be a tragedy if we lost this person. From what I can see (and yes I need glasses) Is that everyone is not playing to their potential.

Yes a few are trying but why are those not getting the team rev'ed up??

Like what has been said many times by both members here and commintators as well is that they are all waiting for someone (most likely Hayne) produce some magic to get us out of the crap slump we are in.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN.

The whole team needs to step up. If those who are already on contracts don't improve then they should be dropped back to Wenty or have their contract terminated if they don't improve in the long run.

The whole team seems like they are as unfit and slugish, they are also playing like individuals and not as a team.

I am not a bandwagon fan, I have followed them for over 30 years now and I have seen them win in the 80's and head down hill from then on. I still wear my Parra garb regardless of how we play, whenever I can. I put up with the abuse and sledging I get for following this team. All water off a ducks back.

But enough is enough someone has to do something about getting our guys to wake up and if this is what it takes then PO has my backing.

Coops

Last edited:
I don't know if refusing to negotiate new contracts to a few players will be a good motivating force for the team. Undoubtedly the best motivating act would be to drop a couple high played players to Wentworthville. This sends a message that no matter who you are, you had better perform or else. If this doesn't motivate any of the players then really they should be playing in the NSW Cup where they belong.

True EEL

Bench
well said Scoops, we're obviously on the same wavelength

and if this moves make some players sulk and immediately sign with competing clubs, then, well as sad as i would be to see some players such as feleti and KK move on with unfulfilled potential at the EELS, well maybe it forces their hand when they talkj about loving the EELLS so much and wanting to stay - yet playing below par, whilst negotiating with rival clubs.....hmmm

fish eel

Immortal
the only issue I have with it is that it creates two groups. singles out the blokes off contract.

what about senior players that already signed up?

the only issue I have with it is that it creates two groups. singles out the blokes off contract.

Exactly!! Players like Poore, Mortimer, Cayless, Hindmarsh Senior players that also need a kick up the anal rectum.

good move by Ozzie this will embarass some players and they should go hard next week.
Look if Mateo has a $400k offer from the Warriors i would advise him to take it because based on the 1st 4 rounds this year he's not worth 400cents.

Gronk

Staff member

The commercial reality is that the business is not doing well. Those who are not on employment contracts are the ones who face the chop first. Simple as that.

fish eel

Immortal
The commercial reality is that the business is not doing well. Those who are not on employment contracts are the ones who face the chop first. Simple as that.

well, it's not because they're ALL on contracts fior this season, and are ALL responsible for the on field performance.

Gronk

Staff member
well, it's not because they're ALL on contracts fior this season, and are ALL responsible for the on field performance.
Indeed, however those who are on contracts which expire at the end of the year are understandably under scrutiny. FFS who would (re-)sign Mateo at the moment ?

Snoochies

First Grade
Unfortunately for us, players seem to show their full potential once they leave our club.

fish eel

Immortal
Indeed, however those who are on contracts which expire at the end of the year are understandably under scrutiny. FFS who would (re-)sign Mateo at the moment ?

who would give Jeff Robson a two year deal? ;-)

I wouldnt make decisions to sign or re sign someone based on a short term drop in form.

Unless I thought they weren't putting in, in which case the decision is pretty easy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm getting a little sick to death of the softly softly approach to the players, let's not hurt player x's feelings because or he won't sign that 280K contract....

nah! f**k em! good move by Ossie, ship up or ship out, it's that easy, we definitely won't find any shortage of player talent with fg experiance willing to have a go for the jersey, we found one last week and hopefully he can get his attitude back on track to provide a bit of competition to the backrow.

Latest posts