What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Stars v Marauders?

gUt

Coach
The one rep fixture that really interested me was this game, yet it seems to have gone the way of the awards night? Any idea if this will be happening in 2012?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
F7's has not died, is not dying, is not dead.

Our boss Jesbass has been inundated with his work and hasn't had a chance to spend quality time working on this yet.

There are threads in the management forum already discussing the draw and the like for the new season.

The off-season always sees F7's have a very slow start to the year, but now that the footy season is just a few weeks away, the interest will rise again very quickly.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I hope it works out. Where is Willow :p
I'm here.

We need an F7s boss. I can't guarantee my time 100%. The last few weeks in particular have been awesome on the work and home front - all good sttuff but very very busy. Everyone gets this from time to time. Jesbass hasn't logged in for a while.

I can however give it shot, but we'll need committment from those willing to help, and less of the 'F7s is dying' commentary. Griffo, you say something negative like this too often. Someone asks a question and you drive a knife in. Nothing constructive in that. For that, I now expect you play in All Stars vs Marauders. ;-)

We can do this as long as we are all willing to take it as a fun concept.

Now with that out of the way, I am very confident that we can get the F7s All Stars v Marauders happening this month. The fact that someone asked should be enough. Plus enough people are responding.

This weekend is F7s weekend for me. There's a lot of loose ends to attend to - including the Awards - and PMs to be sent to people. Watch this space... or another space nearby. :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol.

Something has come up. I have to mow the lawn on Saturday afternoon. I hate mowing the lawn. I have informed the better half that the F7s takes prioriy... thank you F7s.

Good news is that madunit has accepted the position of ref boss for 2012. Other good news is that Joshie will be the F7s round coordinator for 2012 - ie putting up the rounds in the matches thread - plus he is eager for extra duties.

The 2011 F7s Awards will be sorted this weekend and afterwards there will be a 2011 F7s Awards thread - the banners will be made by Timmah.

Last edited:

griffo346

First Grade
Joshie

Mate I said that cause it was very quite :(

Don't get me wrong I love f7s I've been through the hard yards with teams mate its a hard job having small squad and no one replies for when you need to pick a team :(

However I still want f6s to continue to the best of its capabilities :) and if I can help in anyway I'll do it

joshie

Live Update Team
Joshie

Mate I said that cause it was very quite :(

Don't get me wrong I love f7s I've been through the hard yards with teams mate its a hard job having small squad and no one replies for when you need to pick a team :(

However I still want f6s to continue to the best of its capabilities :) and if I can help in anyway I'll do it

You forgetting that I was NSW and PNG captain for last season? Struggled. But that is just what we do to keep this going and one day I am sure we will have traffic and a solid competition. We just need to become smart recruiters. I put forth an idea, it has gone unheeded, but if the ideas keep rolling in we will find something and turn this into something special.

I would love to see a bloke such as Madunit, Big Mick or Azkatro take on that role, they would be the strongest suited to it right now IMO.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Right now we have more pressing matters to sort out. Once the ship is righted, we can talk about 'boss' stuff. But I think it's important that the duties are well known before anyone throws their hat into the ring - allow me time to do that, I am fairly well acquainted with what a F7s boss should expect. And when those duties are posted, everyone and anyone is welcomed to put their names forward.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Based on the BP Player rankings, here we have the F7s All Stars....

Azkatro (Panthers)
muzby (Dragons/Bluebags)
Willow (Bluebags)
Titanic (Titans)
Drew-sta (Dragons/Bluebags)
gUt (Ninjas)
CobyDelaney (Ninjas)

The Marauders will be our opponents. Captain of the Marauders should be Griffo, vice captain Joshie.

The game will be under trial conditions but holds special significance. These have always been close matches, and according to the record books, the Marauders have never lost a match!

Marauders team page: http://www.forumsevens.com.au/marauders.php
F7s All Stars team page: http://www.forumsevens.com.au/allstars.php

Griffo and Joshie, start getting your team together. :thumn

joshie

Live Update Team
When are we looking at having this match! kick off next sunday (19th) full time the 29th?

kick off for the 11th F7's on the 4th o March?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
With enough people handling the basics, I tend to agree unit.

Can captains etc glance your eyes over the draw I have posted?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
When are we looking at having this match! kick off next sunday (19th) full time the 29th?

kick off for the 11th F7's on the 4th o March?
Kick off whenever you like. Today is good.

FULL TIME WED 29th at 9pm (Syd time)

Let me know if you need any help posting it in the match thread. Logos for teams are in those links I posted earlier.

Good luck on and all. :thumn

joshie

Live Update Team
I propose for this match that we have a trial with the word limit set at 650-1000 words. I just would like to see if the benefit of a few hundred more words could improve the overall quality of the comp! i have cut out so much of articles before because of the word limit. As this is a trial, I think it is worth a shot.