What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Altered Carbon

Perth Tiger

Bench
I enjoyed season 2 but it wasn't as good as season 1, felt like it took to long to get going.

I also found Mackie to be pretty disappointing in the role. Kinnaman had a brooding intensity about the character which Mackie lacked.

mongoose

Coach
I'm halfway through it, enjoying it so far. Season 1 was good but I remember not liking the way it ended.

Agree that Kinnaman is better in the role. Mackie is a bit one note..

mongoose

Coach
I'm halfway through it, enjoying it so far. Season 1 was good but I remember not liking the way it ended.

Agree that Kinnaman is better in the role. Mackie is a bit one note..

ok finished S2...and yeah it's not even close to Season 1. Lacks the mystery and atmosphere... funny to see critics uprating because you know... *diversity*

Timbo

Staff member
I'm halfway through - enjoying it, and Mackie's performance, but I agree it doesn't have the edge that S1 had.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The wife and I just finished the second season, and while I think I preferred the first half of season one more, I definitely liked the ending to this one a bit more. Loved the introduction of alien elements to the universe, loved Poe's portrayal of what is essentially AI Alzheimer's, and really loved that there are some fun pieces in place for a potential season three.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Anyone watched then new anime’ Resleeved’?

I thought it was ok but didn’t add anything to the main series

Timbo

Staff member
I think S2 is a classic case of listening to critics over fans.

People who actually watched S1
it loved it, but critics said the plot was convoluted and there was too much nudity and violence. That leads to a watered down S2, which was fine, but nowhere near the heights of S1.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think S2 is a classic case of listening to critics over fans.

People who actually watched S1
it loved it, but critics said the plot was convoluted and there was too much nudity and violence. That leads to a watered down S2, which was fine, but nowhere near the heights of S1.
Pretty much my thoughts as well, i enjoyed season 2 but it's not a patch on season 1.