What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Honest assessment of Todd Greenberg

How would you rate Greenbergs'

• Great for the game. A significant step up from his predecessors.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Nothing special. Done some things that are great for the game, and others not so good

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Would have been better off with Dave Smith.

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • GTFO you sook

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last I checked, drink driving wasn't a DV offence. So I don't see how it contradicts the stance on it.

As for not doing it for any other player, well, it's Todd's decision. It's not like he's representing an area of the public. And, maybe no one else has asked?
This. And there's a difference between "defending" and "providing a reference for sentencing purposes" too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vlandys is obviously a bit of a media whore, I can’t see Todd lasting long. Middle of tv negotiations seems to be par for the nrl ceo moving on.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I never said it was for defence. Its for mitigation of a sentence. Its still a conflict. There is no real difference.

There's no way that any other employer who has to consider action against an employee arising from court action would be doing that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
David Gallop, in his final day as chief executive of Football Federation Australia, offered a prescient warning to an audience of the state bodies of soccer, as well as the chairman and board.

He presaged his remarks with a semi-apology, describing his message as “an uncomfortable but fundamental necessity.”
“Be vigilant about the demarcation between boards and management,” he said at the November annual general meeting.

“If that collapses, no one will do anything well.”
When ARLC chair Peter V’landys jetted to California last month to speak to News Corporation chief Lachlan Murdoch and the Silicon Valley tech titans, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg was in the UK attending the World Club Challenge match. They had effectively swapped roles.

V’landys, by positioning himself as the chief negotiator of TV rights and expansion plans, has become the code’s CEO; Greenberg, by representing the NRL at a match between the Australian and European club champions, as well as sipping afternoon tea with high commissioner George Brandis, had assumed the ceremonial role of a chairman.

This role reversal dates from the moment the professional football codes first drafted independent directors to their boards.
Speculation over the future of Greenberg will continue while V’landys considers whether to renew the CEO’s contract.

Perhaps V’landys will eventually decide on the only man he believes capable of doing the job: himself.

It will require some rewriting of the ARLC constitution but when he left the tarmac for his Californian trip, he crossed Gallop’s demarcation line between board and management.

V’landys will probably prove to be a brilliant negotiator for the code but when his plane touched down in Sydney, he invited his critics to declare: the ego has landed.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...ith-flight-to-california-20200302-p545zd.html

Timmah

Staff member

Springs09

Juniors
You literally just proved his point. Mouth-frothers on forums/social and shithouse Tele journos are about it.

Most fans either aren't aware it happened and/or don't give a f**k.

Which is the case for the majority of all things rugby league, so should we stop discussing everything?

It's like saying 'outside of your weird fascination, in the real world 99.9% of people don't give a f**k about rugby league'

carcharias

Immortal
You literally just proved his point. Mouth-frothers on forums/social and shithouse Tele journos are about it.

Most fans either aren't aware it happened and/or don't give a f**k.

This is a big issue out in the real rugby league world outside of these forums............said no one f**king ever.[/QUOTE
I supplied 4 links outside these forums.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That’s a lot of chatter for one of the most minor decisions a $500mill a year company ceo can be measured on lol. Problem with discretion is some won’t like it, but the alternative is a policy for everything and ultimate death by bureaucracy.
Real test of a ceo is reputation of code, interest of public ie attendances, memberships, registered players, growth of game and revenue, bottom line performance and sustainability.

Timmah

Staff member
Most people on this forum think its a joke. Youre out of touch.
I didn't say most people on this forum don't, so no idea where you're pulling that from. In fact, I think it's weird. But I think the fact you're all banging on about it still all these months on is a bit sad

myrrh ken

First Grade
I didn't say most people on this forum don't, so no idea where you're pulling that from. In fact, I think it's weird. But I think the fact you're all banging on about it still all these months on is a bit sad
the title of the thread its a bit of a clue champ

Timmah

Staff member
the title of the thread its a bit of a clue champ
Said like the entirety of this forum hasn't been dedicated to bashing Greenberg, Smith, Gallop, Moffat et al since it began?