An Open Letter To Peter Doust CEO Of Saint George Illawarra Rugby League Club.

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by ruthless dragon, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ruthless dragon

ruthless dragon Juniors

I am surrounded by paraphernalia of what was once the finest club team anywhere in the world and that now ranks as just an also ran.

I have books, DVDs, Vhs Tapes and even passwords that constitute what would be considered as a true supporter.

I sat behind the goal posts in 1975 and watched my team dismantled by Easts and stayed to the bitter end.

I have watched, listened, looked and read every game played by the Dragons no matter where I was in the world, because I loved what they once stood for.

So what did they stand for?

Pride in their achievements, you know what they were don’t you Mr Doust?

Management skills of the highest order and this, as a CEO, you seem to have minimal knowledge of.

Vision and this again, you have displayed none what so ever.

So what do I want?

I want to sit on the edge of my seat and I want to pace around riding my team to victory.

I want to have the passion including the highs and lows that goes with being a supporter not “relaxed and comfortable” as once some idiot said

indicating a sense of satisfaction in mediocrity.

I don’t believe in mediocrity which is what you have brought this once great club to the level of.

Now when we play I am already expecting the foregone conclusion, to

the point I don’t care anymore.

Well you are wrong I am going to hound you and all you stand for out of

this great club.

I want my CEO to show the drive, passion and vision to get my club performing at their best win, lose or draw.

I also want my CEO to have no fear or favour in being able to walk into

the dressing room, press conference, contractual negotiations and god forbid a forum and telling it as it is and how it should be and acting as it should be.

That is the type of CEO I want.

I will just say this in regards to the past and hopefully the future.

We should have been Premiers in 2011 and we were potential contenders

for 2017 and certainly 2018 if we had retained the pillars of the team.

Frank Facer would never have let Bennett, Packer and Dugan leave the club the way they did.

Why?

Because the loss is psychological and we all know what happened in 2011.

It cuts the ground from beneath the feet of a team doing well and when the pillars of the time the ones that inspire leave, then the downward spiral begins.

Your tenure as CEO of this once great club has been nothing short of inept.

It is littered with poor decisions, constant mistakes and poor man management and you should therefore resign and allow this club to rise from the ashes.

In a decade there is no reason why the Dragons are not playing in the finals 8 years of the 10 and winning the Premiership on at least 2 of those years.

Anything less is an affront to history and all the players and managers who helped make the name of the Saints synonymous with professionalism and the drive to succeed.

You have done nothing that warrants your continued retention.

Resign Mr Doust and show some respect to the legions of past, present and future Dragon fans, players and members.

Your time is well and truly up.

I am and have been sending this in pdf form to all and every media outlet and contact I can find. I have had enough.
    If anyone else wants to jump on this band wagon to rid the Dragons of Doust pm me and I will send you the pdf.

2. red rocket

red rocket Juniors

Very well put. Oust doust

Qdf, WoyD4LWoy, Emu01 and 6 others like this.
  3. latemail

latemail Juniors

To cut a long story short
    Doust is a merkin of the highest order !!!

4. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

We need to voice our opinion to someone who can sack Doust. Anything else is fruitless.

Qdf, dragonssamy61, getsmarty and 4 others like this.
  5. latemail

latemail Juniors

Not a Merkin a merkin

6. John moz

John moz Juniors

We need all dragons to step forward and have a say .From major sponsors to legends of the past that played for this famous club.Any ideas on what we can all do and get things started. We have all had a gut full of a amateur ceo in doust running our club to the ground .

Qdf, Emu01 and blacksafake like this.
  7. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Well said.
    Let's us know if he has the front to reply to you. When I have sent critical not abusive emails to him I have never received a reply.

Qdf, Emu01, Life's Good and 1 other person like this.
  8. Eatons Hill Dragon

Eatons Hill Dragon Juniors

9. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Well said, cannot wait to read the pro-forma reply with a photocopy of Herr Doust's signature at the bottom

10. Wobbygong

Wobbygong First Grade

Ruthless dragon sorry bro Dousty said that you as a dragons fan is not the sort of key stakeholder the club has any interest in and hasn't done so for some time hence the RGRV policy.

Liberate Souths and Life's Good like this.
  11. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

Great effort and so very much reflects how all us fans feel about this club. I am backing you'll either get no reply or the standard Generic reply about establishing a good governance model and filled with spin & BS.
    Like Trump, you got to wonder who and why they put him in there in the first place and who's going to take him out!!

Qdf, Willow and Emu01 like this.
  12. jak

jak Juniors

great post

13. Kiwi Dragon supporter

Kiwi Dragon supporter Juniors

Coffs Dragon This is a rugby league forum, not a political one. Keep your feelings for a political forum. Not everyone agrees with you.

14. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

We need someone like Raper to openly support a change.
    Someone who genuinely has the club at heart and has no personal agenda or benefit.
    That could give the movement some real momentum and attract plenty of media exposure and public support.

Qdf likes this.
  15. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

The establishment and their mainstream media did everything that could to PUT Hillary in the White House and still failed. Do you think the crooked puppet Hillary would have been a better choice? I don't.

Qdf, inside_pass, WoyD4LWoy and 2 others like this.
  16. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

Whether it's Political or Sports Administration it is more about poor decision making & being held accountable, something our CEO seems to shun.

Qdf, Life's Good and blacksafake like this.
  17. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

No they are both duds, like the 2 we have here! But at least in a democracy there is a choice, with the Dragons there ain't........it's f**kin Dictator Doust!

18. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

I totally agree with you that the two choices of Turnbull and Shorten are both terrible and pathetic options. Personally I believe that democracy is an illusion, especially when both parties are controlled by the same organisation and also the mainstream media compromises democracy too. He who controls the media controls the masses. While Mayer Amschel Rothschild once said Give me control of a countries money supply and I care not who makes it laws. For anyone who doesn't know who Rothschild is, they control the most countries central banks and are the richest family in the world, but they never appear on the Forbes list of richest people. I have heard/read that the only countries left in the world that do not have Rothschild controlled reserve/central banks are Syria, Iran and North Korea. The real powers are behind the scenes and can not be voted in or out.

Qdf and WoyD4LWoy like this.
  19. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Juniors

I bet Doust and the Board had a good laugh over that one as they opened another bottle of vintage Penfolds Grange.

Liberate Souths and WoyD4LWoy like this.
  20. grouch

grouch First Grade

Are you crazy??
    Oh, yes you are.

Reddragon likes this.