What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

Life's Good

Coach
I am struggling to understand why the love for Hunt to hooker. We have been screaming for a genuine quality half, land one and before he has laced up a boot some are calling for him to play out of position. The only reason he is playing 9 is he has a more suitable game there because if McCulloch was fit Hunt would be in the halves with Nikorima.
The other thing if SuperCoach plays him at 9 for us, who plays 7?? Luke Kelly, recycle Kris Keating, sign up Luke Walsh??

jak

Bench
Hunt will be the primary organiser. This will allow Widdop to inject himself in to the play instinctively. In my view it will compliment Widdop's natural running game, not hinder it. Hunt is capable of playing both sides of the ruck.

Happy days ahead.
love a man with a plan. you not mary.

sammythesaint

Juniors
Hunt will be the primary organiser. This will allow Widdop to inject himself in to the play instinctively. In my view it will compliment Widdop's natural running game, not hinder it. Hunt is capable of playing both sides of the ruck.

Happy days ahead.
If widdop can just take on the line....but is he capable of doing that?

JDHD

Juniors
I am struggling to understand why the love for Hunt to hooker. We have been screaming for a genuine quality half, land one and before he has laced up a boot some are calling for him to play out of position. The only reason he is playing 9 is he has a more suitable game there because if McCulloch was fit Hunt would be in the halves with Nikorima.
The other thing if SuperCoach plays him at 9 for us, who plays 7?? Luke Kelly, recycle Kris Keating, sign up Luke Walsh??

It's a media beat up. He's not a hooker, he's a halfback who has been moved to plug a hole and anybody with a brain stem can see it. Brisbane's right side attack has been awful since Hunt moved to hooker, Nikorima's absolutely killed that edge.

sammythesaint

Juniors
It's a media beat up. He's not a hooker, he's a halfback who has been moved to plug a hole and anybody with a brain stem can see it. Brisbane's right side attack has been awful since Hunt moved to hooker, Nikorima's absolutely killed that edge.

100% a media beat up.
Thank goodness we finally have a good number 7.
Hopefully McCrones plane has touched down in Vancouver with him on board

sammythesaint

Juniors
Thank god Hunt will get the ball at number 7 before Widdop will get the chance to get his hands on it at number 6. If Widdop gets in the way.....piss him off i say.
Widdop really needs to fire up or go

JDHD

Juniors
Thank god Hunt will get the ball at number 7 before Widdop will get the chance to get his hands on it at number 6. If Widdop gets in the way.....piss him off i say.
Widdop really needs to fire up or go

If what Millward said at the beginning of the year is true, Hunt will be a true roaming halfback who will play first receiver both sides of the ruck - essentially what he's doing now but receiving the ball rather than spooning it off the deck.

j0nesy

Bench
This has been one of the problems in the halves, Widdop does not take on the line.

This is my issue with him. He crabs and shuffles sideways far too often, particularly in the 2nd half of this season. He's a bloody good ball runner and needs to straighten the attack and play more direct. Don't get me wrong, he's a complete footballer, I just think he has too much on his plate and it's not ideal for him.

Latest posts