What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

St Georgio

Juniors
Perspective, whether we paid overs or not, whether he is on big coin I don't care, he was the only genuine number 7 available, he will be a least on par with Widdop in ability, but I think he is better than Gareth, he will win a comp as our halfback, as long as some here don't rubbish him and McClueless is not the coach!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
What I didn't get, when Boyd was out why wouldn't Brisbane's spine be...

1. Milford - fb is so key to the Broncos structure
6. Benji - natural 5/8
7. Hunt - needed him to take contol
9. Niko

I agree Kiama
Mybe Bennett was worried with milford and nickos defence.
Imo.
But agree re hunt .
I can't wait to see him in the red v.
We have not had a good 7 for a long time.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I agree Kiama
Mybe Bennett was worried with milford and nickos defence.
Imo.
But agree re hunt .
I can't wait to see him in the red v.
We have not had a good 7 for a long time.
I also figured Wayne must have been worried about Niko's defence, but he was horrendous anyway at FB on a few occasions last night. I guess at hooker he would have been even more exposed.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Im just glad he's done with the donkeys and got through unscathed!

Welcome to the Dragons Ben.

I for one am looking forward to watching you in the Big Red V number 7...
Great post
Lets all get behind our new signing. Divert the negative energies elsewhere.
He and Graham are major and necessary additions to our Roster..
Have a feeling there is one major signing to come , and i still think our Coach is on shaky shaky ground with elite coaches behind speared recently and JD expressing he is ready to step up now to NRL

MrDragon007

Juniors
Im predicting Hunt to take Aitkens game to another level and also be Nenes saviour!
Widdop controls the left, his preffered side, brilliantly, Hunt can bring his magic to the right...
If Nene is still here in 2018, and thats a BIG IF, his game will go to another level also with Hunt providing the service he does.
Im feeling pretty confident about 2018, only issue is coach, hopefully, with so much available out there now, we make a play and, like we are doing with our squad, improve our coach!

blacksafake

First Grade
I also figured Wayne must have been worried about Niko's defence, but he was horrendous anyway at FB on a few occasions last night. I guess at hooker he would have been even more exposed.
Exactly,Hunts defence is far superior to the other two & Bennett was imo forced to go that way.
Hunt done a remarkable job under the conditions of playing 80 mins in the front line as well as at times having to try & create something in attack.I for one can't wait for his arrival.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
They are becoming a mess because they let go of Hunt and Benji for Nikorima who is the 3rd best of the 3. Milford / Nikorima combo was not that impressive when they were together. Unless they got Bird as a No.6 and move Milf to 7. Boyd is getting older. James Roberts has been found out in defence in the finals series. I seriously cannot believe they have the whole QLD to get players yet only have 1 No.9. When McCullough got injured they had no other hooker yet went for Hunt who is the teams best halfback. Hunt did well but he should have been the halfback. Hunt and Benji were brilliant the few games they played together. Can't remember who it was but they tore a team to shreds in 1 game. Both Hunt and Benji had blinders. THey should have put MIlf at Fullback to cover Boyd and Nikorima at hooker.

Dragsters

First Grade
They are becoming a mess because they let go of Hunt and Benji for Nikorima who is the 3rd best of the 3. Milford / Nikorima combo was not that impressive when they were together. Unless they got Bird as a No.6 and move Milf to 7. Boyd is getting older. James Roberts has been found out in defence in the finals series. I seriously cannot believe they have the whole QLD to get players yet only have 1 No.9. When McCullough got injured they had no other hooker yet went for Hunt who is the teams best halfback. Hunt did well but he should have been the halfback. Hunt and Benji were brilliant the few games they played together. Can't remember who it was but they tore a team to shreds in 1 game. Both Hunt and Benji had blinders. THey should have put MIlf at Fullback to cover Boyd and Nikorima at hooker.

Yep I reckon if creeping had his time over he may do just that...

thebigredv

First Grade
It has to make you laugh this forum.we have a very good number 7 coming this way, excitement and hope for the future .why don't we have some patience and enjoy the ride :joy::smiley::kissing_heart::thinking:.what will be will be .bring on 2018 .

Do you know something about Dragons getting a coach that I don't??