What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita Paul Kent Andrew Webster

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I mean is this the standard of good in the nrl ? Blake Austin is from the western suburbs and does heaps of community work but has also managed to not connect the nrl with a killer.

Anyways what time are you free for me to come over and hang the isis flag. I dont actually have a proper isis flag so i will just write out "australia should be an islamic caliphate. Al baghdadi=hero" on a big banner

NrlVader

Juniors
I mean is this the standard of good in the nrl ? Blake Austin is from the western suburbs and does heaps of community work but has also managed to not connect the nrl with a killer.

Anyways what time are you free for me to come over and hang the isis flag. I dont actually have a proper isis flag so i will just write out "australia should be an islamic caliphate. Al baghdadi=hero" on a big banner

Yeah, or a Swastika flag as I'm in Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

Either flag is NOT unlawful.

carcharias

Immortal

You still hurtin?

NrlVader

Juniors
NRL has NO policies about "Poor Taste"

How is it defined in relation to our society?

Running around on a Sunday afternoon in budgie smugglers with a beer in hand down the street where I live is normal but you'll get locked up in Malaysia as we saw on the weekend.

How is writing support on your armband offensive? Are there any NRL directives not to do this?

All rather a reactionary process for PR by the NRL.

A total disgrace.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
How many people went around with Free Nelson Mandela signs? He was a terrorist with the ANC and instructed many attacks.

Who you support is who you support and there are no laws against so in Australia, NONE!

Since when has any potential NRL action against Fifita been about any laws? It has always been about the NRL concerned about their public image.

#faf

NrlVader

Juniors
AF is not supporting the crime.

He is supporting his mate, a guy he coached. A social service, apart of rehabilitation.

Give him hope for redemption and to be a better person when he does his time.

We might as well have the death penalty in Australia if criminals can't be supported.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
AF is not supporting the crime.

He is supporting his mate, a guy he coached. A social service, apart of rehabilitation.

Give him hope for redemption and to be a better person when he does his time.

We might as well have the death penalty in Australia if criminals can't be supported.

How do you not understand that the NRL has an issue with him using their brand and their broadcaster to do it? They have an image that they are well within their rights to protect.

You speak not from a position of logic, but sentimentality and hysteria. Your point is invalid.

NrlVader

Juniors
Unless the NRL provide education on what is POOR TASTE to the players, who knows what some may do?

Everyone's life, beliefs and education experiences are different and this must be acknowledged and respected.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
What if he got the thing (FKL) tattooed all the way down his other leg?

Ban him for life?

That would be up to the NRL but if the stupid merkin chucked a tantrum and did that (if I were in the NRL) i would offer him two choices.

Play with it covered up

Or dont play.

Tiger5150

Bench
Yeah, or a Swastika flag as I'm in Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

Either flag is NOT unlawful.

Nope wrong. The ISIS flag is illegal under supporting terrorism laws. Its an offense to have one in your possession let alone displayed.

Lebbo73

Bench
How do you not understand that the NRL has an issue with him using their brand and their broadcaster to do it? They have an image that they are well within their rights to protect.

You speak not from a position of logic, but sentimentality and hysteria. Your point is invalid.
I can see your point. However, was there a need to deny him the CC Medal and a Kangaroos berth because of this? It was poorly dealt with by the NRL. They should spoken to him confidentially and told him it was unacceptable to have FKL on his arms. I have no problems with him supporting a mate who is probably suffering from depression. It doesn't mean he is disrespecting the family.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I can see your point. However, was there a need to deny him the CC Medal and a Kangaroos berth because of this?

It's not confirmed that he was denied the CC medal because of this issue. There have always been some bizarre selections.

It was poorly dealt with by the NRL. They should spoken to him confidentially and told him it was unacceptable to have FKL on his arms. I have no problems with him supporting a mate who is probably suffering from depression. It doesn't mean he is disrespecting the family.

What would be the benefit to the NRL's image of dealing with the issue privately if it has become a public issue due to the actions of Fifita that were picked up by the media? They may as well do nothing if they are going to allow him to put them in a public situation and not do anything publicly about it.

voltron

Juniors
Fafita did not get a do not associate with criminals warning for visiting loveridge.
It has been said a few times, which means he has done something more to get that kind of a warning.

Also once found out about the letters, I remember hearing that he then changed the letters, but still went out with them the next week.
The boy is a moron, with no sense of what he is doing and what he is representing when he goes out there.
I am glad he isn't on the team. I have no problem with him being left off.

It is a shame that he wasnt suspended for the last few weeks of the competition.
If the sharks had some moral fibre this would have been avoided, same goes to the NRL as well.

carcharias

Immortal
Fafita did not get a do not associate with criminals warning for visiting loveridge.
It has been said a few times, which means he has done something more to get that kind of a warning.

Also once found out about the letters, I remember hearing that he then changed the letters, but still went out with them the next week.
The boy is a moron, with no sense of what he is doing and what he is representing when he goes out there.
I am glad he isn't on the team. I have no problem with him being left off.

It is a shame that he wasnt suspended for the last few weeks of the competition.
If the sharks had some moral fibre this would have been avoided, same goes to the NRL as well.
Geeze mate
It's not like the club chose to ignore a little pinga habit is it?