What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Voss to host the Footy Show next year... please

Kid

Juniors
Muzza Fenech goes ok, just not on Thursday footy show. I think he's ok on the Sunday one when it's serious. Also, i agree with the Brandy calls. Out of anyone thats really impressed me it's him, love it when hes doing the commentating on Fox.

Timmo

Juniors
Big Mick said:
The panel in a couple of years will be:

Andrew Johns
Matthew Johns
Ryan Girdler
Andrew Voss

Andrew Johns would suck at it.. have you seen him in the commentary team for state of origin etc? He talks like a robot, they must have a script in front of him.

I reckon Steve Walters (or was it Kevin?) is a really really funny guy. They've had him on there a few times. He would make a brilliant host.

Also, I speak only for myself when I say that Matt Johns ruined the footy show. I can't stand Reg Reagan and Trent the Flight Steward.

i reckon the queensland thing goes for half an hour at least so we can get funny guys like Gilly, The Walters boys and alfie on the show, thatd draw ratings for sure

iggy plop

First Grade
Trevor Gillmeister has been great on Footy Shows in the past. I'd like to see him or Kevvy Walters get a run with Vossy, Girds and Matty for next year.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I reckon the footy show is going better then it ever has.

I love the segments, beat the boys, going going goorrrrn, the great trys and tackles from the week before, reg reagan.

Get rid of alot of the mindless advertising off it and it would be even better.

PB

Bench
The sad thing about Vaultin is, he was funny when the show started ten years ago becaus everyone laughed at his innocent mistakes (i.e mis reading things, looking at wrong camera's etc..). 10 years later he still makes the same blunders! BORING!!! And Walters is right out of his mould! Can't read a clipboard, his jokes are laim and to be honest that is usually switch off time for me when he clocks on.

Vaultin - Gorrrrnnnn
Sterling - Stay on sunday shows and commentary
Matty johns - Stay
Chief - Gorrrnnnn
Mario - Stay, in limited capacity
Voss - yep as long as he keeps voicing his opinion and doesnt become another "Gould lacky"

Andrew Johns - No thanks
Girds - in moderation
Brandi - not bad
MG - Sign him up.

mrbishi

Juniors
you want to see a show about footy, then watch the sunday footy show. simple.
i love listening to brandy on sports today on 2ue 6-8pm week nights, plus when he calls the games on fox.
i havent watched the thursday night footy show in years......

Pigskin

Juniors
I don't watch it anymore

But the format of the AFL Footy Show is a winner and should be adopted by League.

Sterlo to be Eddie McGuire. Matt Johns (through lack of other witty or controversial candidates - I'd like to suggest Trevor Gillmeister here but seems far fetched) to be Sam Newman.

A random panel of current stars of the game as the 3 wise men.

Make Carl Barron an offer to be the man behind the bar.

Sterlo would keep it serious as Eddie does.

The rest gorrrrrnnnnnnnne.

Oink !

axl rose

Bench
I was always a fan of the Footy Show but it has been disgraceful this year. Last nights show wasn't just the worst footy show ive seen but probably the worst television program ive ever seen in my life. I stupidly sat watching it for an hour hoping they would bring up the the ' incident' then when they did all of them, other then Vautin, said that amnesia was a plausible defense. The only reason they brang it up was to say that Reg Reagan would not be for the cheap shot because his motto is "play hard but play fair" hmm thats funny I thought it was Bring Back the Biff? oh btw Matthew Johns said he knows a friend of a friend who knows Williams and the friend says he is a good bloke so there you have it he had amnesia and he is a good bloke so let him off :roll: I guess the Footy Show panel sympathise with him because they have all been braindead themselves for a number of years. Oh in case you missed it the progam featured the panel falling off thier skis for 45 minutes, sorry i have no copies to sell i didnt tape it.

eels_fan

First Grade
As much as i like him, SACK STERLO...and then he can come coach PARRA...put Brian Smith on the panel... HAHAHA!! That'd be interesting..

rugged

Juniors
The footy show would be dead and buried if Matthew Johns hadn't started to be funny.

swing_low

Juniors
reg last night was pathetic too. Whats with the licking and kissing, are other people laughing at it? am i missing the jokes.....?

Parra_Eels

Bench
it has gone so stale its not funny. not one genuine laugh last night. the last real good year of the footy show was 2002. it started going horribly wrong last year and this year is just pathetic

Coaster

Bench
Anyone else think the footy show last night stepped out of there boundries when they bought back the segment 60 seconds with Sterlo to advertise a political campain?

I couldnt believe that they could surprise me, by steeping even lower then normal and becoming another propaganda machine.

:::9 should be ashamed of themselves for the amount of tripe they issue to us every week, let only bringing this crap into there show.

The only thing missing from this segment was the annoucer stating at the end "this was a paid commercial on behalf of the Labor government, and with paid dollars from local taxpayers"

Southernsaint

Staff member
eels_fan said:
As much as i like him, SACK STERLO...and then he can come coach PARRA...put Brian Smith on the panel... HAHAHA!! That'd be interesting..

Yeah, Sterlo's going to quit a cushy job where the hardest task he performs is getting the "Bundy Telestrator" ( :roll: ) to freeze Theeeeere, so he can coach a bunch of hacks & be nagged by the most annoying CEO in the league 24/7...

Cheers,
Ben S.

axl rose

Bench
curious said:
Anyone else think the footy show last night stepped out of there boundries when they bought back the segment 60 seconds with Sterlo to advertise a political campain?

I couldnt believe that they could surprise me, by steeping even lower then normal and becoming another propaganda machine.

:::9 should be ashamed of themselves for the amount of tripe they issue to us every week, let only bringing this crap into there show.

The only thing missing from this segment was the annoucer stating at the end "this was a paid commercial on behalf of the Labor government, and with paid dollars from local taxpayers"

I think your looking for the words 'jumped the shark' ;-)

zulu

Juniors
I hope the producers of the Footy Show read this thread.

Make some changes guys!

(The annual Perisher Show is the officially the worst television of the year, every year. Disgraceful.)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
To have a good panelist, you've got have a good voice and knowledge.

Not like players who are like:

"And ummm, yeah ummm, yeah mate, its .... yeah" Or they sound like theyre not interested.

Find out if some of these retired players have a good voice for the game. Laurie Daley is an example.