What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying Ads

Foxtel is giving me the shits at the moment.

Every ad break there seems to be one of 3 ads on, either ;

1. The stupid Solo ad where the bloke chases a barrell for miles then when he catches it just before a cliff, he pours the contents all over his head...wtf are they advertising, that you should shower in Solo?

2. Another ad I never get past the first 3 seconds of because it starts with multiple Tarzan calls... (note to the ad agency, I'll never know what you're advertising you dopey pricks)...

3. AFL ads, constant, unrelenting AFL ads.

These all get me hitting the back button quickly and often, along with the credit card and insurance ads.

Any others?

IanG

Coach
All those ads for liquidation sales annoy me. Because the bloke doing the voiceover is a loudmouth. Doesn't make me want to save up to 99% on a Persian Rug. Also infromercials annoy me. means that TV stations don't show their test patterns anymore.

Danish

Referee
I have no idea for what cereal this ad is for (nice work ad agency...) but in the ad all the grains and rubbish fly around making patterns while some hellish woman squawks about omega 3 and flax seeds.

Worst ad on television

Danish

Referee
All those ads for liquidation sales annoy me. Because the bloke doing the voiceover is a loudmouth. Doesn't make me want to save up to 99% on a Persian Rug. Also infromercials annoy me. means that TV stations don't show their test patterns anymore.

Come on man, informercials are fantastic.

My personal favourites are the Miracle Blade (LINK) and the Magic Bullet (LINK).

I have been close to buying a miracle blade on numerous occasions just to try and cut stuff mid air with it, and the Magic Bullet is just comedy gold (You can blend vegetables right into smoothies and the kids won't know the difference! sneaky.... :lol:)

Big Pete

Referee
The Jim Bean ad - I think that's what EA was referring to, the one where four different people starting making loud noises and the cuts between them grow faster and faster. It's just plain annoying.

The Bupa ad - Too overly dramatic and the 'healthier' version just seems to be wearing more make up.

RedVDave

First Grade
I hated that Sultana Bran ad from a few years back were they all started singing! It pissed me off to no end because no-one is that happy in the morning!

The Jim Bean ad - I think that's what EA was referring to, the one where four different people starting making loud noises and the cuts between them grow faster and faster. It's just plain annoying.

The Bupa ad - Too overly dramatic and the 'healthier' version just seems to be wearing more make up.

Good call on the BUPA ads, just plain weird. Reminds me of the word "wellness", which just annoys the hell out of me...

Jim Beam eh, well, I don't drink but if I did I'd swear off that stuff just because of the ad.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Can not stand the Jim Beam ad, shocking.

Youtube ads are getting very annoying, the one with the two blokes dressed as bumble bees is probably the worst

Foxtel is giving me the shits at the moment.

Every ad break there seems to be one of 3 ads on, either ;

1. The stupid Solo ad where the bloke chases a barrell for miles then when he catches it just before a cliff, he pours the contents all over his head...wtf are they advertising, that you should shower in Solo?

2. Another ad I never get past the first 3 seconds of because it starts with multiple Tarzan calls... (note to the ad agency, I'll never know what you're advertising you dopey pricks)...

3. AFL ads, constant, unrelenting AFL ads.

These all get me hitting the back button quickly and often, along with the credit card and insurance ads.

Any others?

3 worst foxtel adds by a length and a straight.

A) American Idol adds, all the singers try to sing like they are black soul singers. All the judges try to out do eachother in how sincere and over the top they can be with their compliments....... Just cringeworthy to watch.

B) U-E insurance adds were they show the calltaker workers and the male ones look like trannies they have that much make up on.

C) Income protection insurance ads, just repitative and why pick a Dr? Seriously wouldnt you want someone who people can relate too?

On FTA.

The commercials for "The Voice". I hate the show and it hasn't even started yet.

Not sure what its on but the fly emirates ads as well...... WTF?

Jason Maher

Immortal
The Bundaberg vodka ad (or whatever the f**k it was) with the guy in the white suit singing falsetto was an absolute shocker. Also any insurance or credit card ads.

Frederick

Staff member
The progressive direct car insurance ads (fantasticer, save the whales)

Any ad featuring that media whore dr Andrew rochford - he's f**king everywhere

Joker's Wild

Coach
That f**king Fox Footy channel ad bleating on how the best game needs the best coverage blah blah blah

f**k AFL

Apey

Staff member
Most of the time now if I want to watch something on Fox that isn't live I'll pause it and then start it 10 minutes in so I can just fast forward through the ads. Hence why I have NFI what half of the ones in this thread are :lol:

That stupid AAMI ad where some ranga woman is being treated like a war hero because she's a good driver.

Sure, like there's a good woman driver out there....