What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying Ads

Cliffhanger

Coach
The Boost Caramel ad.

Any Aami add.

You know what's worse than any ad though? Couch time on channel 11, seriously the dickheads who host that both need to be kicked in the head.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm gonna be late to the party here and have another dig at the Jim Beam ad.

It's absolutely f**king painful to watch, it's annoyingly loud, and to top it off I have no idea how it's supposed to be enticing people into buying the product.

My most hated ad ever.

Springs

First Grade
I don't know how you drinkers can still drink Jim Beam after that ad. I guess being loud and obnoxious gets through the message of what their customers are like after drinking their product. Don't know why anyone would want to buy it after the most annoying ad ever though.

The 'uhh' Allianz insurance ad I have to cover my ears for too.

And whenever Rabs or Ray mention that 'the biggest show on Earth is coming to Australia' or whatever right in the middle of the footy.

You guys beat me to it. I hate the Jim Beam commercial with a passion. First time I saw it, I honestly couldn't look at it any more. It's incredibly annoying.

The one with all the yodelling / Tarzan Calls.

Another one giving me the shits is the Coke Zero ad where the deadshit theatre usher tricks all them dopey pricks into drinking that watered down piss.

He'd be wearing it if he did that to me...

Danish

Referee
The one with all the yodelling / Tarzan Calls.

Another one giving me the shits is the Coke Zero ad where the deadshit theatre usher tricks all them dopey pricks into drinking that watered down piss.

He'd be wearing it if he did that to me...

The laughable thing about those ads is that they actually want us to believe that anyone, anywhere, EVER could be fooled into thinking coke zero is normal coke.

The only reason anyone (including me) drinks coke zero, pepsi max, or any other god awful artificially sweetened drink is because it is "healthier" for you. Anyone who says they drink it for the taste is kidding themselves.

People who drink coke zero, diet coke etc Drink water.

Those god damn commonwealth ads "I will not date any models" soooo f**king lame and annoying.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Those Insurance Line ads really piss me off. I couldn't give half a damn about that Dad caring about the well being of his sh*tty family with his life insurance policy.

Oh and that terrible Ford Fiesta ad with the bloody "over bridges, under bridges" song while the girl is driving along and says "Lucas" to her dashboard phone. Who the f*** has a friend called Lucas...it's LUKE ffs. Were they trying to make her seem more trendy and modern by calling a latte sipping Roosters fan named LUCAS.

Also up here in Queensland we have these pathetic government "Here For Life" ads that treat the average viewer like a vegetable. There is a motorcycle ad where they repeat the words "ease back" SEVERAL FRICKING TIMES. We get it... if you're riding a bike YOU EASE BACK!

On a positive note, I love this commercial because I'm a fan of randomness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gcb-dZonw

ROCK ON CAMPBELLS!

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
Does anyone here study advertising or marketing or work in the field?

It's all interesting. It tends to be the bad or annoying ads that get stuck in your head.

Frederick

Staff member
Those Insurance Line ads really piss me off. I couldn't give half a damn about that Dad caring about the well being of his sh*tty family with his life insurance policy.

Oh and that terrible Ford Fiesta ad with the bloody "over bridges, under bridges" song while the girl is driving along and says "Lucas" to her dashboard phone. Who the f*** has a friend called Lucas...it's LUKE ffs. Were they trying to make her seem more trendy and modern by calling a latte sipping Roosters fan named LUCAS.

Also up here in Queensland we have these pathetic government "Here For Life" ads that treat the average viewer like a vegetable. There is a motorcycle ad where they repeat the words "ease back" SEVERAL FRICKING TIMES. We get it... if you're riding a bike YOU EASE BACK!

On a positive note, I love this commercial because I'm a fan of randomness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gcb-dZonw

ROCK ON CAMPBELLS!

I have a mate called lucas

LESStar58

Referee
Those f**king Jeep ads! Pitched at the yuppies who will never take them further off road than their nature strip!

Ausguy

Coach
oh and those who know what im talking about will understand when i say...

"rhonda beautiful brake foot, go away rhonda is mine"

HevyDevy

Coach
By far the worst ad ever has to be the one with that stupid little kid going "Stop, potty time."

HevyDevy

Coach
oh and those who know what im talking about will understand when i say...

"rhonda beautiful brake foot, go away rhonda is mine"

I LOVE that ad. I walk around all day saying 'Beauuuutiful driiiver' in that accent. Seriously.

Latest posts