What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another forum has reported Suli has been released to the Dogs

ATOWN2

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/31/why-moses-suli-was-cut-by-the-wests-tigers/

Since Suli suffered a season-ending ankle injury just 16 games into his rookie year, the club believed his motivation wavered.Cleary and football manager Kelly Egan had several conversations with the teenager, trying to understand why he didn't appear interested in capitalising on his talent. Club officials visited his family home. They spoke to his mother. They spoke to his brother. They offered to support him in a new environment away from the comfort of the family home.

He has put on almost 15 kilograms from last season and the coaching staff grew tired of not getting the same output that the rest of his teammates were contributing.

On one occasion, Suli arrived at training after being picked up by a teammate for a 7am session, only to enter the club’s Concord headquarters at 10am having slept for three hours in the car.

I had high hopes of Suli especially as he was on a 3 year $1.3 million dollar contract. I wondered what happened to Suli after he got injured and it appears this answers it. Being injured sucks and I can understand the motivation falling but when football is your career you've got to treat it like a job and do your rehab and focus on diet etc. It appears that Suli went off the rails. Sleeping in the car instead of training is piss weak.

It'll be interesting to watch his career and see how he pans out. Hopefully they have more success with Suli than they did with former "Eels prodigy" Jacob Loko.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
At first I was angry to read this but then I thought "I bet the Panthers were angry when Cleary dumped Jennings and Lewis." That turned out to be the right decision.

I trust Cleary on this decision, the kid has potential but we have all seen where potential gets us (the other Moses et al). I'd now be happy to see Milne in the side, he is certainly tougher and better defender and can kick goals.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
So you can say what he was contracted for is now void ?
Still we wasted money to get the merkin this far ! We should demand a full refund on all off it .. for breach of contract.
The contract is over effective today. Claiming money back is a legal minefield.

macnaz

Staff member
At first I was angry to read this but then I thought "I bet the Panthers were angry when Cleary dumped Jennings and Lewis." That turned out to be the right decision.

I trust Cleary on this decision, the kid has potential but we have all seen where potential gets us (the other Moses et al). I'd now be happy to see Milne in the side, he is certainly tougher and better defender and can kick goals.
I wasnt angry for a second we let him go.. im just angry about another piece of shit that has used our club... im very happy though we have pissed this prick off with all the other cancerous merkins pretending to love the club..

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hopefully they have more success with Suli than they did with former "Eels prodigy" Jacob Loko.

Funny you say that, Loko was the exact example I used when talking to my mate this afternoon.

Next big thing on big money at eels. Had a couple of knee injuries, got fat, trouble off field, released to dogs, still fat, still trouble off field.

Now only 25 and playing in the bush.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Sounds like we made the right call. Explains why we have signed so much depth in the centres - the club was probably anticipating this.

Shredder

Juniors
If he is really as the club statement described and I have no reason to believe he isnt, Im glad hes gone and now.

I would much rather have a blank roster spot four weeks out from the season start than carry someone who obviously didnt want to be there.

Tiger05

First Grade
f**k we've had a shit bunch of juniors haven't we. I can't blame the club but reading that is a shock.

Das Hassler

Bench
f**k we've had a shit bunch of juniors haven't we. I can't blame the club but reading that is a shock.

The other three were very different....Suli is just a young guy who's compass is spinning ....every club has its share of players that just need to be somewhere else....i hope he fullfills his potential in the game if he decides that it's what he wants....if he doesn't have the fire in his belly at this age though then it's doubtfull

We are working really hard both on and off the field to build something special here at Wests Tigers. That includes building a culture and set of standards that cannot be compromised.

What Pascoe said above is good enough for me but then I recall reading what Dean Pay is trying to do at the Dogs. Young Moses will have a very tough season if he continues his bullshit with Pay.

Marsters for me.

Vozzy

Juniors
On Fox Sports article it says he weighs 130kg which is way to big. So obviously he ate junk food while he was injured and didn't rehab properly and came back way out of shape and is a dud at pre season training

he weighs 130kg which is way to big.
So obviously he ate junk food while he was injured and
didn't rehab properly and
came back way out of shape and
is a dud at pre season training
Which meant he didn't giva so off the bus he went.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The impressionable ingrate seems to have been brainwashed by the imbecile Warren McDonnell.While ever this degenerate is on the dogs payroll as recruitment manager the dogs Retention & recruitment of players will suffer.Numerous R & R decisions made under his watch while he was at Concord were diabolical !!!

super_coach

First Grade
All clubs are going to get a player with all the skill in the world but just isn't prepared to do the hard work to make it to the very top, Owen Cragie comes to mind. I just wonder at times weather some perseverance would work, but I guess this thing with Suli has been going on for a long time. One thing for certain, if the Dogs can't get him to change his work ethics, he will be a big flop

Jack Gibson once said that success only comes before work in the dictionary,that statement still rings true in no matter what sporting field or career path people take today.

macnaz

Staff member
Hmm "the fox" for paper boy money. . Or the million dollar fat merkin .. ANOTHER WESTSTIGER SUPER CALL!!