What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on our new sponsor?

They are also bullshit.

Since when does a team release it strips in August the previous year.
Nearly all the teams have had artwork signed off on for next season, they need it that early to get some pre-xmas from china.
But the clubs would not release it to the public yet, not until they had a made up sample anyway..

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Oh no, I'm going to have to stop supporting the team because I don't like the look of the jerseys.

FMD some people need to get over themselves. No one will be complaining about jersey design/lack of sponsor if we win grand finals playing in it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh no, I'm going to have to stop supporting the team because I don't like the look of the jerseys.

FMD some people need to get over themselves. No one will be complaining about jersey design/lack of sponsor if we win grand finals playing in it.
Mate it's no big deal but surely our club can do better???

Who is dumping the team over jerseys??? If anyone is still a fan after the last 8 years an average jersey won't be putting them off

Blades and ISC are both average companies at best.

I just think the club could be doing much better in this regard.

Mate it's no big deal but surely our club can do better???

Who is dumping the team over jerseys??? If anyone is still a fan after the last 8 years an average jersey won't be putting them off

Blades and ISC are both average companies at best.

I just think the club could be doing much better in this regard.
the problem is none of the big global brands like Adidas and Nike are interested in the NRL anymore for anything other than Boots. The market is too small for them globally. So the best we can get is who ever bids the best deal for the right to make our gear. Blades didn't bid this time and i heard the only other bidders were ISC and Classic Sportswear.

eel01s

Bench
Apparently there was an online poll for jersey designs earlier in the year. Obviously the heritage design won. As stated above, surely the Club could have come up with something better that on first sight screams Parramatta. I don't think you will get many kids wanting to wear this old fashioned design. Won't look good on fat people either lol.

Will I stop supporting the Eels because I don't like the jersey? Of course not.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think getting the opinion of fans would be the way to go when it comes to picking jersey designs. They are the ones who will be buying the merchandise after all.
If they did that, then we can't complain too much. But I don't remember any poll.

Gronk

Staff member

Lol good rant.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Lol good rant.

Nah pretty weak. Used hyperbolic statements and strawman argument. No one is ever going to stop supporting a team because of a jersey design but when reading some comments about it you would think the design of a jersey is going to make or break their lives.

Even if I don't like the jersey I'll still buy it because I like to keep the year's jersey. And I don't wear jerseys outside of game day, so the design doesn't matter because everyone else is pretty much wearing the same thing anyway.

Gronk

Staff member
Nah pretty weak. Used hyperbolic statements and strawman argument. No one is ever going to stop supporting a team because of a jersey design but when reading some comments about it you would think the design of a jersey is going to make or break their lives.

Even if I don't like the jersey I'll still buy it because I like to keep the year's jersey. And I don't wear jerseys outside of game day, so the design doesn't matter because everyone else is pretty much wearing the same thing anyway.

No no no no. Stand by your rant. You were doing so well. Now this.

200.webp

Avenger

Immortal
Are you telling me we won't even have a sponsor for the semi finals?

Like a good sort holding out all year and still nothing!!

Embarrassing fail by our club.

#noexcuses

Bazal

Post Whore
Are you telling me we won't even have a sponsor for the semi finals?

Like a good sort holding out all year and still nothing!!

Embarrassing fail by our club.

#noexcuses

Would you rather they'd jumped on with the drug dealing wine makers? Lol.