Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone thinking of going to the WCC?

NrlVader

For those that are not entertaining the expected weather of 4 degrees. The Wigan ground has indoor hospitality packages. But you'll be expecting some banter!

NrlVader

YOUR ITINERARY Please note that the below itinerary should be used as a guide and is subject to availability at the time of booking. Please feel free to suggest changes so we can tailor it to suit your group’s needs.

DAY 1 | MONDAY 13TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | IN TRANSIT Fly from Sydney to London, England. Rest of day in transit. Accommodation: In Transit Meals Included: In Flight Meals Transport: Flight Activities: None

DAY 2 | TUESDAY 14TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | LONDON Arrive at Heathrow International Airport. Transfer from Heathrow to London CBD. Orientation tour of London to get acquainted with one of the world’s biggest cities – including sights and landmarks such as the London Eye, Tower of London, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, and 10 Downing Street. Afternoon transfer from London to accommodation. Evening Meet and Greet with drinks with you and the rest of the touring party. Accommodation: London Mecure Kensington Transport: Coach Hire Activities: Orientation Tour of London

DAY 3 | WEDNESDAY 15TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | LONDON Breakfast at accommodation. Day at leisure to further explore the city of London – potential sightseeing ideas include taking a ride on the London Eye, shopping at Harrods, taking the tour of the Tour of London, checking out the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, or explore the art at the world-famous Tate Modern gallery. Return to accommodation. Rest of evening at leisure. Accommodation: London Mecure Kensington Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire

DAY 4 | THURSDAY 16TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | LONDON Breakfast at accommodation. Day to further explore London. Potential opportunity to watch your beloved Cronulla Sutherland Sharks conduct an open training session in preparation for their game against the Wigan Warriors in the World Club Championship (yet to be confirmed) Return to accommodation. Rest of afternoon/evening at leisure. Accommodation: London Mecure Kensington Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire CRONULLA SUTHERLAND SHARKS WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SUPPORTERS TOUR 2017 www.horizons-sport.com.au 2

DAY 5 | FRIDAY 17TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Check out of accommodation. Transfer from London to Manchester, England. Arrive in Manchester and check in to accommodation. Rest of afternoon/evening at leisure. Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire

DAY 6 | SATURDAY 18TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Day at leisure to explore Manchester – including sights and landmarks such as Old Trafford – the home of Manchester United, Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre, Heaton Gardens, Manchester Opera House, and the National Football Museum Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire

DAY 7 | SUNDAY 19TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Transfer from accommodation to DW Stadium in Wigan. World Club Championship Fixture – Cronulla Sutherland Sharks vs Wigan Warriors. Return to accommodation. Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire Activities: WCC Fixture – Cronulla Sutherland Sharks vs Wigan Warriors

DAY 8 | MONDAY 20TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Day at leisure to explore Manchester – including sights and landmarks such as Eithad Stadium – the home of Manchester City Football Club, Albert Square, Manchester Town Hall and Clock Tower, and the Whitworth Art Gallery. Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire CRONULLA SUTHERLAND SHARKS WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SUPPORTERS TOUR 2017 www.horizons-sport.com.au 3

DAY 9 | TUESDAY 21ST OF FEBRUARY 2017 | IN TRANSIT Breakfast at accommodation. Last minute souvenir shopping/sightseeing before departing for Australia. Transfer from Manchester to Heathrow International Airport. Depart Heathrow International Airport for Sydney, Australia. Rest of day in transit. Accommodation: In Transit Meals: Breakfast, In Flight Meals Transport: Coach Hire, Flights DAY 10 | WEDNESDAY 22ND OF FEBRUARY 2017 | END OF TOUR

NrlVader

They have a payment plan over 3 months.

Good value for over a week.

Big day on the punt today and nearly paid for it. :)

Question from the floor without notice. Are they going to play the game on the same ground that Lewie smashed his shoulder against the hording near the ingoal? He was playing for the Roos. The one that had minimal ingoal depth and about another spare metre till the great wall.

I watched some highlights of the super league last night and one of the wigan blokes slid hard into everything and anything after spectacularly scoring a try.
That was Wembley wasn't it.

Wembley has in goals about 3 feet deep with a 6ft sheer drop into the fence, which is about 4 inches from the dead ball line

YOUR ITINERARY Please note that the below itinerary should be used as a guide and is subject to availability at the time of booking. Please feel free to suggest changes so we can tailor it to suit your group’s needs.

DAY 1 | MONDAY 13TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | IN TRANSIT Fly from Sydney to London, England. Rest of day in transit. Accommodation: In Transit Meals Included: In Flight Meals Transport: Flight Activities: None

DAY 2 | TUESDAY 14TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | LONDON Arrive at Heathrow International Airport. Transfer from Heathrow to London CBD. Orientation tour of London to get acquainted with one of the world’s biggest cities – including sights and landmarks such as the London Eye, Tower of London, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, and 10 Downing Street. Afternoon transfer from London to accommodation. Evening Meet and Greet with drinks with you and the rest of the touring party. Accommodation: London Mecure Kensington Transport: Coach Hire Activities: Orientation Tour of London

DAY 3 | WEDNESDAY 15TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | LONDON Breakfast at accommodation. Day at leisure to further explore the city of London – potential sightseeing ideas include taking a ride on the London Eye, shopping at Harrods, taking the tour of the Tour of London, checking out the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, or explore the art at the world-famous Tate Modern gallery. Return to accommodation. Rest of evening at leisure. Accommodation: London Mecure Kensington Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire

DAY 4 | THURSDAY 16TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | LONDON Breakfast at accommodation. Day to further explore London. Potential opportunity to watch your beloved Cronulla Sutherland Sharks conduct an open training session in preparation for their game against the Wigan Warriors in the World Club Championship (yet to be confirmed) Return to accommodation. Rest of afternoon/evening at leisure. Accommodation: London Mecure Kensington Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire CRONULLA SUTHERLAND SHARKS WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SUPPORTERS TOUR 2017 www.horizons-sport.com.au 2

DAY 5 | FRIDAY 17TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Check out of accommodation. Transfer from London to Manchester, England. Arrive in Manchester and check in to accommodation. Rest of afternoon/evening at leisure. Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire

DAY 6 | SATURDAY 18TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Day at leisure to explore Manchester – including sights and landmarks such as Old Trafford – the home of Manchester United, Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre, Heaton Gardens, Manchester Opera House, and the National Football Museum Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire

DAY 7 | SUNDAY 19TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Transfer from accommodation to DW Stadium in Wigan. World Club Championship Fixture – Cronulla Sutherland Sharks vs Wigan Warriors. Return to accommodation. Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire Activities: WCC Fixture – Cronulla Sutherland Sharks vs Wigan Warriors

DAY 8 | MONDAY 20TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 | MANCHESTER Breakfast at accommodation. Day at leisure to explore Manchester – including sights and landmarks such as Eithad Stadium – the home of Manchester City Football Club, Albert Square, Manchester Town Hall and Clock Tower, and the Whitworth Art Gallery. Accommodation: Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre Meals: Breakfast Transport: Coach Hire CRONULLA SUTHERLAND SHARKS WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SUPPORTERS TOUR 2017 www.horizons-sport.com.au 3

DAY 9 | TUESDAY 21ST OF FEBRUARY 2017 | IN TRANSIT Breakfast at accommodation. Last minute souvenir shopping/sightseeing before departing for Australia. Transfer from Manchester to Heathrow International Airport. Depart Heathrow International Airport for Sydney, Australia. Rest of day in transit. Accommodation: In Transit Meals: Breakfast, In Flight Meals Transport: Coach Hire, Flights DAY 10 | WEDNESDAY 22ND OF FEBRUARY 2017 | END OF TOUR
Wife and I are very seriously considering this.

If they had an extra day or two where you got to go to George Hotel to thank the locals for inventing the game the Sharks now own, and a trip to the RL Museum which I think is now in Wigan, would make it f**king fantastic for this historian nerd.

Just to digress for one moment. What time does our "Good Adults" play the poms tonight QLD time.

I think I read it was 11.40pm is that correct annnnd is there an earlier game on between the Blacks and the Scots

NrlVader

If they had an extra day or two where you got to go to George Hotel to thank the locals for inventing the game the Sharks now own, and a trip to the RL Museum which I think is now in Wigan, would make it f**king fantastic for this historian nerd.

There's a few free days. Thinking of doing the Manchester United home ground tour. I think it's good value, as the hotels are decent.

In an end it's a supporters tour. Will be a great experience as any supporters tour.

NrlVader

Just to digress for one moment. What time does our "Good Adults" play the poms tonight QLD time.

I think I read it was 11.40pm is that correct annnnd is there an earlier game on between the Blacks and the Scots

1 am AEST

coolumsharkie

Don't want to kill your buzz here but I've just checked flights and Etihad are doing a sale in Feb right now..

http://iwantthatflight.com.au/flight.ashx?&oc=BNE&dc=LHR&dd=15/Feb/2017&rd=23/Feb/2017

$1138 Aud, with a very short stopover in Abu Dhabi 1 hr 20 minutes. Thats ex Brisvegas though (return)

Bargain.

Card Shark

It's not tonight mate, it's very early Monday morning.

Sux for us that work...

bubs

I emailed the Wigan club about the missing Print At Home tickets. Apparently they will be sent out at a later date well before the game.

Et#1_supporter

I booked my flights, $1450, Sydney-Dubai-Manchester and back. Approx the same total flight time as sydney to London, and saves me having to get a train or drive up to Wigan.

Gonna arrive in Manchester on Friday morning, 17 Feb. Thinking of staying in Wigan Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, then on Monday once the game is done and weve celebrated being champions of the world, ill head over to Barnsley in Yorkshire where me mum is originally from to have a gander around there.

So, between now and then we can arrange some sort of get together on the saturday night, or Sunday pregame?

bluefox68

The biggest hindrance to us winning the game will be the obvious gaps. Nu Brown cannot possibly be expected to have the skills of Ennis, and the same problem applies when it comes to Holmes at fullback. Flanno will play Beale at wing, which is another problem...

Hopefully we can still do it!

Chimp

Our pack will make absolute mince meat of the Wigan pack. Birdy, Val, Loots and Feki will run rings around their backs, or straight over them.

The WCC will be a walk in the park.

The standard of Super League is abysmal.