What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzac test side

Force

Juniors
Sadly I have no doubt if NZ decide they want to pick Vunivalu or Hurrell the RLIF want do anything to stop them.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. When it comes to the big three, RLIF go softcock on them. only the minnow Nations do they enforce it..

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Are you referring to Ponga? If so, both of his parents are kiwis with one being a maori. He has a f**king maori surname FFS. He's a kiwi, and should be playing for NZ. If he goes against his parents wishes and declares himself eligible for QLD & Aus, he's an ungrateful lil dickhead IMHO.

He's elected for Queensland today...

Fire away...

Coastbloke

Bench
It's time to cut Origin payments to $5000 a game.
I'm not convinced that Origin money has no influence on a players choice.
As for Test selection, Regardless who Ponga chose, he would get smashed in this Test. This will be a willling match..

Clarkent

Juniors
Wished they cut out origin altogether and focus on international rugby... Only way to grow the game... Origin is killing it

adamkungl

Immortal
As for Test selection, Regardless who Ponga chose, he would get smashed in this Test. This will be a willling match..

It's time for the NZRL and whoever else complains about Origin's influence to stop sooking and grow their own brand.

There are instances of Australia (and NZ) picking players from other nations which are distasteful rule exploitations and unnecessary (Radradra and Uate in particular for Australia).
This is not one of them. It's not a charity, International RL is a competition. A player born in Australia who played junior footy in QLD has every right to choose to play for Australia ffs.

HOWEVER, that all said I believe Ponga should be able to both play Origin and play for NZ, since he is eligible for both and they are not in the same level of competition. But maybe he chooses to play for Australia anyway, who knows.

RazorRam0n

Juniors

origin i hear makes up 20% of arlc total broadcasting revenue...

let us know when international football does the same. instead of decreasing origin payments, Int league should be growing it's own product to justify match payments being compelling enough to be greater than origin.

Clarkent

Juniors
Ponga's an indigenous New Zealander. He should be playing for NZ. His parents want him to play for NZ. He's a disgrace.

Clarkent

Juniors
Disgraceful weak decision by Ponga. Thurston made his decision for him. This is indicative of the f**ked system we have now.

As for Vunivalu, we've been denied his services with the aussie media calling us "selfish"...how rich is that after Radradra and Uate?
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...u/news-story/d450c536ead4f1428a85d06d5e746525
It was the fijian coach calling them selfish... He had every right to... Yeah Australia did it with Radradra but that doesn't make what the kiwis tried to do right... Kidwell knew vunivalu hasn't been in nz that long that's why he tried to find out if he stayed there long enough... Vunivalu was never gonna move back to nz now that he's with the Melbourne Storm but kiwis tried there hand anyways... That's selfish just like the Aussie`s with Radradra... International game will never grow cause of these idiots

adamkungl

Immortal

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Ponga was born in Australia there is nothing disgraceful about his decison. also I woudnt put Uate in the same boat as Radradra. Uate played his junior footy in Woy Woy and lived in Australia for a considerbale time

Australia were selfish.
NZ are selfish AND stupid. Look up the rules you dopes.

Like I said EARLIER in this thread, I was only going off of the RLW article saying he was eligible for us. Where did Melbourne find him? Oh yeah in NZ. If he's not eligible, then OK. I was just reporting the fact that we are somehow being called selfish for this, even after what Aus has done with Fijians. I find that very rich tbh.