What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Josh Hoffman and J Rapana deserved a chance ahead of Nightingale and DWZ in my opinion.. I probably would have played JWH as well, just for that extra Mongrel.

1. Jordan Rapana​
2. SKD​
3. J Hoffman​
4. Hiku​
5. Kahu​
6. Nikorima​
7. Johnson​
8. JBrom​
9. Brown​
10. Blair​
11. Procter​
12. Harris​
13. JT​
14. Levi​
15. Taupau​
16. Moa​
17. Beastwood/Mau/Glenn​

jaseg

Juniors
JWH likely isn't getting back in with Kearney as coach, least of all when he's roughly 20 minutes back from a long term injury.

Nightingale is a cert, I'd consider Rapana over DWZ (both international rookies, better form from Rapana) and Hoffman over Kahu (Hoffman actually been playing centre this year, and Kahu got exposed at centre on tour) though.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
JWH likely isn't getting back in with Kearney as coach, least of all when he's roughly 20 minutes back from a long term injury.

Nightingale is a cert, I'd consider Rapana over DWZ (both international rookies, better form from Rapana) and Hoffman over Kahu (Hoffman actually been playing centre this year, and Kahu got exposed at centre on tour) though.

Yeah, Nighty is a cert but he is getting old and I thought the others were playing much better but then again with a lot of experience out of the backline ( Vatuvei, Foran, RTS ) you probably would want him in there to help out a lot of youngsters in the backs...

JWH, if Kearney doesn't pick him again then he needs to f**k off, With Bromwich and JWH we dominate the aussies.. Scott and Tamou are average in my opinion.

Kahu should be on the wing or nothing else, Him or DWZ.

had the privelidge of going to the team dinner tonight. awesum experiance.

latest team news
peter hiku is out, kiwis doctor cleared him, panthers doctor cleared him but anthony griffen said no he cant play.
SKD is walking around in a moon boot which i nearly stood on in the buffet line lol. brad takairangi is in camp. kenny bromwich is flying up tonight for cover

kiwis are really relaxed and composed and confident had a chat with kearney, thanked us for coming out to dinner and the ongoing support. really humble guy

Penrose_11

Juniors
Considering we only had 5 backs named in original 19 playing group, who covers for Hiku and SKD now. Takarangi is a centre yes, but Kenny B isn't.

1. DWZ
2. Nightingale
3. Kahu
4. Takarangi
5. ????

Surprised Rapana, Hoffman, Perrett, Rona haven't all come into the mix?

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
Man, we can't get a break can we?

Hiku is a massive loss, SKD would be devastating
You're taking the piss right?

Hiku is average, always has been (actually TBF he was good one time, last year in the ANZAC test), but as he's Kearney's love child he's always first name on the team sheet.

Surely they'll bring Rapana in?

Also, is Kenny Bromwich the next best forward running around?

You're taking the piss right?

Hiku is average, always has been (actually TBF he was good one time, last year in the ANZAC test), but as he's Kearney's love child he's always first name on the team sheet.

Surely they'll bring Rapana in?

Also, is Kenny Bromwich the next best forward running around?

Hiku is a massive loss when you consider who the replacement would be.

In this case, the even more average Gerard Beale.

The guy (Beale) has scored 2 tries in 32 games for Cronulla.

What in the f*ck is he doing in a black jersey.

At least Taka is in form. Wintersein is criminally underrated (even at centre). Tim Simona. Tohu at centre with Nikorima at 6 with another 2nd rower brought in. All better options.

jaseg

Juniors

At least Taka is in form. Wintersein is criminally underrated (even at centre). Tim Simona. Tohu at centre with Nikorima at 6 with another 2nd rower brought in. All better options.

I think Simona & Winterstein may now have committed to Samoa, unfortunately. We could use both in this team. Rona's out of form, but nfi how Rapana is still ignored.

Hoffman I would have thought to be ahead of Beale (he's getting regular footy unlike Beale, and at centre no less) - but looking back now (in light of recent events at the Warriors) I'm thinking we can take a guess at some of the players involved in the RLWC'13 drugs/energy drinks issue by looking at the list of guys who haven't played for the Kiwis since... there's 10 names on that list (Hoffman, Locke, Goodwin, Inu, Kasiano, JWH, Pritchard, SBW, FPN, Taylor). Not all of them will have been involved, but I daresay all the guys who were are on that list.

Went out and watched them train. Pretty crisp and accurate. They then did an opposed session against the JKs and Takairangi was right centre with SKD still in a moon boot. 95% likely hes not going to be ready