What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Woody90

Juniors
Honestly the fact that we’re all talking about how bad we were in the Roosters game and it being our worst of the season shows we’ve definitely made improvement this year. If we’d played that game last season it would have been considered one of our better ones because at least we were competitive and not flogged.

Obviously we were so bad last year we don’t want just improving on shit to be the benchmark and we have a whole heap of improvement still left to do.

Volcom6685

Juniors
To be fair we were terrible in the first half . Second half we dominated just couldn’t finish our opportunities. We were tearing their edges to shreds
Honestly the fact that we’re all talking about how bad we were in the Roosters game and it being our worst of the season shows we’ve definitely made improvement this year. If we’d played that game last season it would have been considered one of our better ones because at least we were competitive and not flogged.

Obviously we were so bad last year we don’t want just improving on shit to be the benchmark and we have a heap of improvement still left to do.

Rod

Bench
The Eels performance was comfortably the worst. They botched about 5 tries and still scored 43, it should have been 65+. We looked totally disinterested that day.

Jono078

Referee
Just thought I'd share some interesting and positive reading;

I'm big on stats and data and have a monte carlo simulation which ranks the Knights as the 5th best team as of right now - Behind the NRL's top 4 teams and marginally ahead of the Rabbitohs.

Also we currently sit in 9th and here's how we've faired against teams above us;

2 games against the Panthers, both losses but one could have easily been a win
1 game against the Broncos. A loss which was also minutes away from a win
2 games against the Warriors. We're 1-1 and could have been 2-0 with a bit of luck
1 game against the Storm. A beautiful win
2 games against the raiders. 2 great wins
0 games against the Rabbitohs
1 game against the Sharks - a bad loss
1 game against the Cowboys - a narrow loss

All up that's 10 games for 4 wins, which could have been 7 wins with a bit of luck. Basically my point is, there's no one we can't hang with on our day. You can say those teams had off days against us but I'd like to think we forced that a bit. We've also come on leaps and bounds since some of those losses.

Today is a big day though. We lose to the Dolphins and it's basically season over and it undoes the last 4 weeks worth of good work.

Yosh

Coach
We should be beating the Dolphins by 40 today. That's why I'm scared. However, I am slowly becoming a believer and I think we will win comfortably.

Jono078

Referee
Further to the above, we can further break down the 10 games as follows;

You can see below we've actually scored more tries than our opponents and usually it's the goal kicking that is the difference in those tighter games.

GamesKnights triesKnights goalsOppenent triesopponent goalsOther notes
1L 12-20 Warriors2242Kalyn went off for HIA in the 68th minute and we were down 14-12 at the time. Crossland sinbin in the 57th minute as well
2W 24-14 Raiders5222
3W 34-24 Warriors6544
4L 15-16 Panthers3121Panthers converted 2/2 penalty goals throughout the game and we had 0/1. 2 Nathan Cleary field goals to win
5L 16-18 Cowboys3233Goal kicking the difference
6L 6-26 Sharks1144
7L 20-24 Broncos4244Goal kicking the difference plus conceded the final try in the last 5 minutes of the game
8L 12-20 Panthers2242
9W 26-18 Storm5233
10W 28-6 Raiders4411
TOTAL35233126
65.7%83.9%

Yosh

Coach
Ponga's goal kicking has imprived out of sight recently. His percentage is rising slowly but his technique looks elite! Hopefully we start winning those tight games.

Knight Tales

Bench
Souths are cooked. Latrell is way off the pace. We need an in form Souths and Cronulla IMO. It does not help us if we cruise to victory over them. We need them to
Push us and bring finals intensity early. So if we do get there we are ready.

Yosh

Coach
Doesn't Latrell hate the Knights? Probably score 8 tries against and injure 5 of our players in the process.