What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Knight Tales

Bench
I think we can beat Souths if we show up. They’re very flimsy defensively but the Dragons don’t have the attack to take advantage.
I am not convinced there isn’t a huge shift in this competitions hierarchy right now. Apart from Penrith the clubs who believe making the eight is a god given right, are looking frustrated, out of ideas and it is all to do with clubs like us and the Cows throwing caution to the wind and it is working for now. I can see a team in the bottom part of the 8 causing a huge upset this year and winning the GF.

Woody90

Juniors
I am not convinced there isn’t a huge shift in this competitions hierarchy right now. Apart from Penrith the clubs who believe making the eight is a god given right, are looking frustrated, out of ideas and it is all to do with clubs like us and the Cows throwing caution to the wind and it is working for now. I can see a team in the bottom part of the 8 causing a huge upset this year and winning the GF.

I can’t see anyone beating Penrith tbh. Brisbane would be the best chance but it’s unlikely. One of us and/or the Cowboys won’t even make the finals, let alone going all the way. The only smokey might be the Warriors but I don’t think they will have the experience when the whips are cracking.

Knight Tales

Bench
I can’t see anyone beating Penrith tbh. Brisbane would be the best chance but it’s unlikely. One of us and/or the Cowboys won’t even make the finals, let alone going all the way. The only smokey might be the Warriors but I don’t think they will have the experience when the whips are cracking.
So why even watch the game? We beat the Warriors and almost got them in round one. Have pushed Penrith and Brisbane all the way and played worse than we are now. The real problem with the fanbase of this game in general and the media is this constant belief in conventional thought ie. certain sides should be there and others should not. It needs to be broken. It is dull, repetitive and makes you wonder why anyone even supports a club just so they can watch others win. Just ride this out. Believe we can drag Penrith and Brisbane into the championship rounds. We can only fail.

Woody90

Juniors
So why even watch the game? We beat the Warriors and almost got them in round one. Have pushed Penrith and Brisbane all the way and played worse than we are now. The real problem with the fanbase of this game in general and the media is this constant belief in conventional thought ie. certain sides should be there and others should not. It needs to be broken. It is dull, repetitive and makes you wonder why anyone even supports a club just so they can watch others win. Just ride this out. Believe we can drag Penrith and Brisbane into the championship rounds. We can only fail.

I can still support the team and be invested in their games even though I can’t see us winning the comp this year (at the moment I’m unsure if we’ll even make the finals even though most already have us in there). Tigers, Dragons and Dogs fans still watch games even though they’re literally zero chance of making the finals. You ride the highs and the lows.

I definitely think we deserve to play finals if we make it. That’s not what I’m saying at all. I just don’t see us winning the comp when a team like Penrith are there who go to another level come September. That’s also not my opinion because it’s a conventional thought that Penrith should be there, but more my own opinion from watching them play and their ability to continually perform regardless of who you take out of the side.

Hell I hope somebody does beat them. They’re a team of arrogant f**kwits and poor winners…but they’re a class side.

I’m stoked with where we are at the moment. Regardless of where we finish, this run has given me a lot of confidence for next season. Either we make the finals which is great, or we don’t and it shows the boys that you can’t drop so many games in the middle of the year and we’ll be better for it next season. Just because I can’t see us making a GF this year doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy watching our improvement.

Knight Tales

Bench
I can still support the team and be invested in their games even though I can’t see us winning the comp this year (at the moment I’m unsure if we’ll even make the finals even though most already have us in there). Tigers, Dragons and Dogs fans still watch games even though they’re literally zero chance of making the finals. You ride the highs and the lows.

I definitely think we deserve to play finals if we make it. That’s not what I’m saying at all. I just don’t see us winning the comp when a team like Penrith are there who go to another level come September. That’s also not my opinion because it’s a conventional thought that Penrith should be there, but more my own opinion from watching them play and their ability to continually perform regardless of who you take out of the side.

Hell I hope somebody does beat them. They’re a team of arrogant f**kwits and poor winners…but they’re a class side.

I’m stoked with where we are at the moment. Regardless of where we finish, this run has given me a lot of confidence for next season. Either we make the finals which is great, or we don’t and it shows the boys that you can’t drop so many games in the middle of the year and we’ll be better for it next season. Just because I can’t see us making a GF this year doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy watching our improvement.
We can do something special. All I am saying. A corner has been turned.

Yosh

Coach
I think winning the comp takes a lot of luck but you need to put in the effort to become a constant top 4 side so luck can kick in. We are slowly looking like a top 8 side but I don't think we're anywhere near winning a comp.

Jono078

Referee
I think winning the comp takes a lot of luck but you need to put in the effort to become a constant top 4 side so luck can kick in. We are slowly looking like a top 8 side but I don't think we're anywhere near winning a comp.
First things first, we need to get there.

I do believe anything can happen once there and if we happen to put it all together on the day we can go with any of the teams - as we've shown already this year.

But yeah, we need to make sure we get through the Dogs today. We aren't going to see anything close to a 66 point win this time.

Jono078

Referee
Raiders have the 4th worst for and against in the comp. I have no idea how they're in the 8. Have they had the easiest draw or something?

aqua_duck

Coach
So how long until Sticky gets the tap on the shoulder?
They should make the 8 so he’ll be ok but he also has a pseudo protection racket going with certain journos where by he feeds them information and in turn they protect him in the media and hence why he’s never under pressure nor is anything he ever does scrutinised.
I mean he maliciously and disgracefully used a post match press conference to personally attack a players character and he still had certain alleged domestic abuse journos praising him, if AOB had done that everyone would rightfully be hammering him

Rod

Bench
If you're looking for someone to cheer for tonight, I think the Cowboys winning is ultimately the better result for us, although it's quite hard to tell given there's so many crucial games coming up.

Apey

Staff member
I think Sharks will win though. No idea why Cowboys are favourites. They're coming off the bye but before that they lost to the Broncos and Titans.

Woody90

Juniors
If you're looking for someone to cheer for tonight, I think the Cowboys winning is ultimately the better result for us, although it's quite hard to tell given there's so many crucial games coming up.

I’d probably say better if the Sharks win. They’re already in the 8 where Cowboys are one of the teams on our tail.

Rod

Bench
I’d probably say better if the Sharks win. They’re already in the 8 where Cowboys are one of the teams on our tail.
Yeah that's true. It almost depends how badly we want to finish 5th or 6th. The Cowboys winning is better for that chance but means we're less likely to make the 8, if that makes sense.

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah that's true. It almost depends how badly we want to finish 5th or 6th. The Cowboys winning is better for that chance but means we're less likely to make the 8, if that makes sense.

Yeah definitely. I’m still pretty nervous we won’t even make the 8 (call it Knights pessimism maybe), so want everyone below us to lose.

mozza91

Coach
Win Sunday and beat the Sharks next week and we’re all but guaranteed a home final. Wont be easy but no reason we can’t do it.

Latest posts