What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah very similar issues to us right now. 6,7+9 struggling.

Dom very similar to his poor games with us. Looks sensational when the team is already running downhill but won’t put effort into his runs or consistently contest bombs when the team are on the back foot. At the game looks like he’s bulked up a bit, not sure if that’s a good or bad thing for him.

Apey

Staff member
I don't think it was Dom being bad so much as Penrith using their brains to minimise his impact (and it also helps when you have the field position to do so). More teams should, especially us. He has clear weaknesses - one of them being high kicks - that teams avoid exploiting because they think a bloke as tall as him must be a God in the air.

Knight Tales

Juniors
While the obstruction penalty was a million to one, that Edwards was getting there to stop Manu, it shows how clever Edwards is at reading play. He milked that like a boss.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I don't think it was Dom being bad so much as Penrith using their brains to minimise his impact (and it also helps when you have the field position to do so). More teams should, especially us. He has clear weaknesses - one of them being high kicks - that teams avoid exploiting because they think a bloke as tall as him must be a God in the air.
He will get frustrated playing outside Manu
Simply cos Manu backs himself and runs very straight. The senior playing group can be a little stand offish with newbies as well. You are told from day one playing for that club is a privilege and if you fail you will be gone. Not in a nasty fashion but more through the aura around the place. A lot of pressure for a kid who is really only just getting started.

Last edited:
You are told from day one playing for that club is a privilege and if you fail you will be gone. Not in a nasty fashion but more through the aura around the place. A lot of pressure for a kid who is really only just getting started.
That they created through clever spin, and a lot of media assistance.

They are no better than any other club other than apparently a bottomless cap, which is beyond a joke and damages the integrity of the competition.

May clubs like the Panthers always reign supreme. f**k the rorters sideways and twice on sundays.

Knight Tales

Juniors
That they created through clever spin, and a lot of media assistance.

They are no better than any other club other than apparently a bottomless cap, which is beyond a joke and damages the integrity of the competition.

May clubs like the Panthers always reign supreme. f**k the rorters sideways and twice on sundays.
I agree with your sentiments. I despise them. However they are not there by accident. The issue becomes whether the player buys into it or not. And more often than not they do. Dom may understand the size of the choice he has made in a few weeks time. He is going to cop it deluxe from 30000 fans. I feel his move has been seen as mass betrayal by many as our offer was good. If he scores and does his kick the ball into the crowd celebration, I reckon it will be on. If that game does not sell out then I will be disappointed.
On the flip side we all love the big unit and all will be forgiven eventually cos he is an outstanding kid and player.

Rod

Bench
Thought the send off was a bit harsh but that was an amusing period for sure.

On the earlier one, we also saw him back his speed on the outside many times here, usually successfully. But that wasn't the time to do it with Taaffe having an angle and the wet weather.