What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Will revive this topic

Went to 1 of the best games I've attended today for the Christchurch grand final, Papanui v Linwood, played in rain, hail, sunshine and snow

Papanui have led all year, but Linwood pumped them by 40 mid season after the death of a club legend, and also 2 weeks ago in the qualifying final by 56-4

Linwood scored in the opening minutes and repeled everything thrown at them to take an 8-0 lead to the break. Pap hit back and then Linwood scores again to make it 12-6. Pap then crossed with about 15 left to level the scores and another penalty with 5 to go had them ahead 14-12. Linwood awarded a penalty 40m out, with a big crowd chanting "he won't get it" but the kicker landed a great pressure kick to make it 14-14. Pap then dropped the ball on their line and Linwood had time to stop the clock and have a play to win the game which just went wide

Snow entered the fray for extra time, and in the 2nd half of that Papanui scored to take a 20-14 lead and win the game a minute later

Game had everything, great attack and defence, huge hits, sin bin and a close finish. Can't ask for much more from a grand final and a good crowd there to watch it too

jamaman

Juniors
Fulltime scores - SAS Sharman Cup:
Ellerslie Bay Roskill NO SCORE PROVIDED
New Lynn 27 Papatoetoe 16
Manurewa Te Atatu TBC
Manukau 8 Otara 56...
Waitemata 20 East Coast Bays 34

Fulltime scores - Appliance Shed Fox Memorial:
Mt Albert 38 Northcote 28
Howick 16 Glenora 14
Papakura 32 Otahuhu 16
Pt Chevalier 52 Marist 6
Mangere East 30 Richmond 24

Fulltime scores - Mandron Masonry Phelan Shield:
Pukekohe Glenfield (Pukekohe defaulted)
Navy North Shore 24 Hibiscus Coast 28
Pakuranga 20 Ponsonby 16
Mt Wellington Bye

Go Scorpions

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Went to a National Premiership game yesterday, Canterbury Bulls v Akarana Falcons.

Surprised at how average the Auckland side was, always expect them to be at the top of the ladder. Bulls dominated the game from early on in the piece to win 34-18, score made to look better because of goalkicking, 7 tries to 3

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Headed along to the Canterbury v Counties match today that opened the national premiership

28-22 win to Counties, went to the game expecting them to flog the Bulls and the opening 20 didn't prove me wrong but somehow the Bulls managed to pull it back for a grandstand finish with 5 to go and 24-22 down, but the goal kicker who had been knocking them over from the sideline all day hit the post from right beside it ! Counties went down the other end and scored to make it 28-22, Bulls recovered the short kick off and went within a metre of scoring the potential draw but not to be

Bulls forwards went well which surprised me with the loss of Chris Bamford back to Australia. Anybody who has followed NZRL at the level below would know how good he is, can't believe he never cracked NRL level

Was interesting to see 2 players in the Counties side that participated in the NRL rookie show last year

Rich102

Staff member
Watched the game on TV. What was the crowd? About 2,000?
The Counties pack were way overweight and ran out of gas.
Huge step up from this to NSW Cup.
Still, an entertaining game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Watched the game on TV. What was the crowd? About 2,000?
The Counties pack were way overweight and ran out of gas.
Huge step up from this to NSW Cup.
Still, an entertaining game.

Wasn't large mate, 2000 absolute tops I'd say, maybe closer to 1000, which was lucky because we got evacuated at half time !! Were more people at the club finals I went to a few weeks back

Counties wingers were big boys and quite impressive. The try from the Bulls lock straight up the guts from about 30 out was sensational

Headed along to the Canterbury v Counties match today that opened the national premiership

28-22 win to Counties, went to the game expecting them to flog the Bulls and the opening 20 didn't prove me wrong but somehow the Bulls managed to pull it back for a grandstand finish with 5 to go and 24-22 down, but the goal kicker who had been knocking them over from the sideline all day hit the post from right beside it ! Counties went down the other end and scored to make it 28-22, Bulls recovered the short kick off and went within a metre of scoring the potential draw but not to be

Bulls forwards went well which surprised me with the loss of Chris Bamford back to Australia. Anybody who has followed NZRL at the level below would know how good he is, can't believe he never cracked NRL level

Was interesting to see 2 players in the Counties side that participated in the NRL rookie show last year

Bamford was playing q cup a few years back with ipswich i believe, then went out to the nsw country. i think he was captain coach. then back to chch then back to aussie. could of gone far but got stuck in the laidback chch system

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bamford was playing q cup a few years back with ipswich i believe, then went out to the nsw country. i think he was captain coach. then back to chch then back to aussie. could of gone far but got stuck in the laidback chch system

Yeah he was, he packed up again at the end of last year to get his family away from the quakes and is captain/coach at Orange now in the NSW country comp, have seen a few videos of him scoring rampaging tries on the footy show the last few months, read an article a while back as well that after 7 games he'd had 6 MOTM awards and had 20 from a possible 21 points in the player of the year system they run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts