What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARU could cut the Force loose opening up Perth

Warriors Fever

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-each-under-new-proposal-20160825-gr0tac.html

Super rugby are looking at culling two teams and one of them will likely be from Australia.
The ARU are broke as and will probably look to cull either the Force or Rebels.
I think logistically, along with tv markets they would get rid of the Force in this situation.
The Force have already been bailed out and in ten years of competition, they have never played finals.
The NRL must be quick to act if this is the case, despite PR's persistence a team in Perth is a must for the future, especially if the force go.

Saint Doc

Coach
NRL should buy out the Force.

That was my first thought.

PR, what is the public perception of the Force in Perth? Positive? Are they considered a 'true' WA team.

If there is goodwill associated with the Force name, it would be madness not to consider picking up 10 years worth of ground work.

You could rename the team Perth Force or West Coast Force, keep the colours and logo, merge the junior pathways...potentially a lot of upside

TheDalek079

Bench
all we hear about super rugby is that they wanna expand expand expand. so hard to believe that they will cut a couple of teams. especially a saffer team, considering its the republic that brings in most of the TV dollars. will be interesting to see what happens

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
There is no way anyone but a well arranged holding company could pick up all of the Force trademarks. The ARU won't give those away at all.

Saint Doc

Coach
Why would you want the stench of failure anyway? Start fresh.

It's business 101.

Ok let me give you an example. You want a sportswear company to rival Nike and adidas.

What is easier
- start a brand new company.
- call it something new, say you call it Slash, or Fire Sports or whatever

Think of how hard it is to get awareness etc.

Or the alternative. You buy a brand that has "failed". Think FILA, or Champion, or Asics. New coat of paint, edgy new marketing campaign, modernise the logo. But brand recognition and penetration already there

This is why the NRL should consider it. The hard work has been done

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
who's to say the same thing wouldnt happen to an NRL team in Perth? Don't do it until you're absolutely ready, rushing these types of things can lead to bigger problems..

get them in the national reserve grade comp first, whenever we get that.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
who's to say the same thing wouldnt happen to an NRL team in Perth? Don't do it until you're absolutely ready, rushing these types of things can lead to bigger problems..

get them in the national reserve grade comp first, whenever we get that.
To be fair the Force have had great support considering how bad they are, it's only recently the crowds have properly dropped off. If we do set up a team out there they need some good signings but we obviously won't rig the comp for them to win it (cough afl).

Starkers

Bench
Posted it in the other thread, sorry. I'd be in favour of buying the Force and turning them into a NRL franchise. I don't think we can let the AFL have WA and SA uncontested and it makes sense.

I'd probably do the same with the Rebels.