What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ash Nisbett - Dragons new signing looks very handy!

Old Timer

Coach
Like so many promising juniors, this kid may not make it however I applaud Millward for taking the risk of stockpiling a promising kid to see whether he can develop in to a FG player.

Understand OT’s frustration regarding grass being greener on the other side.

Fact is Millward is attempting to retain our junior cream.

Signing Jackson Ford is a classic example. He is versatile,can play back row or centre He may we’ll be the big powerful Centre we need.

Nisbet signing is an attempt to stockpile a high quality junior prospect. He represents a low cost gamble with potential upside.

Nothing more, nothing less.
We did that with Kerr and now he is the forgotten man and at the same time we have let go a few pretty handy players and signed some more mature deadwood.
Really hard to fathom the actual philosophy and I suspect that some middle of the road players we have signed expected to get a shot and when they didn't they move on and then we sign others who are just happy to play footy for a living and they provide little real value.

Life's Good

Coach
I think an article I read in which JDB (I think) identifies mental toughness as our problem has a fair bit of credence to it. There times that we did not cope with adversity, whereas NQ just lapped it up and kept finding ways to win.

I put this down to coaching but I’m looking forward to seeing the impact James Graham has on our toughness under adversity. It won’t surprise me if he ends up getting credit for us going close to winning or deep into the semis. However, the coaching brains trust has to have shown some development as well and my confidence is low on that eventuating.
It’s a similar theme articulated by Bennett when he was around. His big thing was to instill belief & confidence that he identified as lacking. For him it wasn’t so much about playing talent as getting them mentally right to get the job done.
It’s obvious we lack in that area now.
As you say Graham brings a ‘never give up’ attitude & that sort of leadership is priceless when the going gets tough.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I watched Rod Reddy play in a trial in 1972 when he was a 17 year old with long hair playing at Kogarah in the rain. He turned 18 a few weeks later for Round 1. I think Nesbitt could be a handy acquisition as he seems to have similar skills and I hope that he will be a good acquisition.

Bench
I watched Rod Reddy play in a trial in 1972 when he was a 17 year old with long hair playing at Kogarah in the rain. He turned 18 a few weeks later for Round 1. I think Nesbitt could be a handy acquisition as he seems to have similar skills and I hope that he will be a good acquisition.
And Rocket turned out to be a great player, one of my all time favourite player for the Saints

Spudd

Juniors
We did that with Kerr and now he is the forgotten man and at the same time we have let go a few pretty handy players and signed some more mature deadwood.
Really hard to fathom the actual philosophy and I suspect that some middle of the road players we have signed expected to get a shot and when they didn't they move on and then we sign others who are just happy to play footy for a living and they provide little real value.
If Latimore gets a run in favour of Kerr/Lawrie/Sele ima lose my shit.