What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ash Taylor rejects Broncos, what now for donkeys?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Next time I'll post the opposite to what I really think, that way I can have even a bigger giggle as you scramble for attention . . . wait a minute

I see what you did there. You DO believe Milford and Pearce would be better as props. Must be chuckling to yourself eh ol mate...

T-Boon

Coach
Quite tired of the big Qld teams constantly kicking the Broncos while we're down. How are we meant to compete with the behemoths down the road? I really think it's time we were moved to Perth

Second Gold Coast team !!

Bears !!!

Reactions: gUt

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Wonder how kenty buzz on 360 are going to back track on this one... Last week they were like he's gone for sure too late club is a shambles

beave

Coach
Taylor was never in the Broncos system dork. /s

images

beave

Coach
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...r/news-story/9d650a85a6e337ad8d60c2e6daf99105

Why Brisbane couldn’t close the deal and sign Titans halfback Ash Taylor

WAYNE Bennett says Ash Taylor could still return to the Broncos despite the boom halfback signing a $3 million deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

Taylor will remain at the Titans until at least the end of 2021 after extending his present contract by a further three years.

The 22-year-old cut his teeth at the Broncos and made his NRL debut for Brisbane in 2015 before being released by coach Bennett to seek a regular first-grade berth at the Gold Coast.

With Ben Hunt leaving Brisbane for St George-Illawarra, the Broncos registered interest in bringing Taylor back to Red Hill.

But the Gold Coast’s $1 million-a-season deal was too good to resist for the Queensland Origin hopeful and the Titans secured his signature before he officially became a free agent on November 1.“I’ve got no issue, if Ash has signed with the Titans, that’s good, I’m happy for him,” he said.

“I did the right thing by him in letting him go. He may still come back to the Broncos one day, he is a young player, but he got a good offer from the Titans.

“To be honest, we couldn’t compete with the Titans offer. We don’t have the money available to match what the Titans offered so it was an easy choice for Ash.

“Right now, Kodi is our man and I’m going with him at halfback and we’ll see where it all takes us.”

The upgrading of five-eighth Anthony Milford to a $1 million-a-season deal combined with the signing of Cronulla’s Jack Bird and captain Darius Boyd’s final contract meant the Broncos could not match the Titans’ offer to Taylor.

Taylor said apart from a chance meeting with Bennett, he did not seriously consider a return to the Broncos.

‘I didn’t really think about that, it wasn’t really an option for me,” Taylor said.

“They’ve got a lot of key players there and couldn’t really fit me in the system.

“Wayne wanted me back there as it was all over the media, but for me, I don’t think it was the best option.

“I spoke to him (Bennett) at the airport and stuff, nothing official. We crossed paths every now and then but there wasn’t a chat about anything.”

The 47-game youngster will now be looking to cement himself as one of the NRL’s top halfbacks and a future Maroons playmaker.

Taylor was invited into Camp Maroon during this year’s Origin series and Queensland coach Kevin Walters said the Gold Coast could build around the former Dally M rookie-of-the-year.

“It’s up to Ash now to knuckle down and work on the little things in his game to take him to the next level,” he said.

“A few clubs would have chased him because he had a great rookie season (2016). That earned him the call-up to our Queensland Emerging program so it’s great news for the Titans and good news for the Maroons as well.

“The Titans can build their club around Ash. Certainly what he has shown in the last couple of years with his ability and direction and the way he steers the team around.

“The Titans locked him up before he could get to the open market, which was very smart on their behalf.”

Taylor waived a 10 day cooling-off period for the contract and cannot backflip on the deal.

Bit in bold

‘So we had a chat but we didn’t talk about anything’...............

FMD mate, seriously. Probably one of the most idiotic things I’ve heard from a player in an interview.

POPEYE

Coach
Milford on a million bucks to wander around the field waiting for an opportunity or Taylor on the same to 'control' the whole game . . . is it any wonder Ash preferred Garth

some11

Referee
???

He signed with the Brisbane Broncos when he was 12-years-old.

From 2013 until 2015, Taylor played for the Brisbane Broncos' NYC team
So you're telling me the donkies gave him a pathway ever since he was a kid and didn't hold him back from going to another club when they had established starting halves? Bullshit.

You couldn't name five players in their current roster who made their debut there. All they do is sign players from other clubs, and I say this as a proud Newcastle boy who just poached some of their players.

beave

Coach
So you're telling me the donkies gave him a pathway ever since he was a kid and didn't hold him back from going to another club when they had established starting halves? Bullshit.

You couldn't name five players in their current roster who made their debut there. All they do is sign players from other clubs, and I say this as a proud Newcastle boy who just poached some of their players.

Boyd
Oates
Kahu
Nikorima
Gillet
Thaiday
Mcguire
Mcullough

I actually don’t know if you’re taking the piss or stupid, which makes me feel stupid.

Pedge1971

First Grade
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...r/news-story/9d650a85a6e337ad8d60c2e6daf99105

Why Brisbane couldn’t close the deal and sign Titans halfback Ash Taylor

WAYNE Bennett says Ash Taylor could still return to the Broncos despite the boom halfback signing a $3 million deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

Taylor will remain at the Titans until at least the end of 2021 after extending his present contract by a further three years.

The 22-year-old cut his teeth at the Broncos and made his NRL debut for Brisbane in 2015 before being released by coach Bennett to seek a regular first-grade berth at the Gold Coast.

With Ben Hunt leaving Brisbane for St George-Illawarra, the Broncos registered interest in bringing Taylor back to Red Hill.

But the Gold Coast’s $1 million-a-season deal was too good to resist for the Queensland Origin hopeful and the Titans secured his signature before he officially became a free agent on November 1.“I’ve got no issue, if Ash has signed with the Titans, that’s good, I’m happy for him,” he said.

“I did the right thing by him in letting him go. He may still come back to the Broncos one day, he is a young player, but he got a good offer from the Titans.

“To be honest, we couldn’t compete with the Titans offer. We don’t have the money available to match what the Titans offered so it was an easy choice for Ash.

“Right now, Kodi is our man and I’m going with him at halfback and we’ll see where it all takes us.”

The upgrading of five-eighth Anthony Milford to a $1 million-a-season deal combined with the signing of Cronulla’s Jack Bird and captain Darius Boyd’s final contract meant the Broncos could not match the Titans’ offer to Taylor.

Taylor said apart from a chance meeting with Bennett, he did not seriously consider a return to the Broncos.

‘I didn’t really think about that, it wasn’t really an option for me,” Taylor said.

“They’ve got a lot of key players there and couldn’t really fit me in the system.

“Wayne wanted me back there as it was all over the media, but for me, I don’t think it was the best option.

“I spoke to him (Bennett) at the airport and stuff, nothing official. We crossed paths every now and then but there wasn’t a chat about anything.”

The 47-game youngster will now be looking to cement himself as one of the NRL’s top halfbacks and a future Maroons playmaker.

Taylor was invited into Camp Maroon during this year’s Origin series and Queensland coach Kevin Walters said the Gold Coast could build around the former Dally M rookie-of-the-year.

“It’s up to Ash now to knuckle down and work on the little things in his game to take him to the next level,” he said.

“A few clubs would have chased him because he had a great rookie season (2016). That earned him the call-up to our Queensland Emerging program so it’s great news for the Titans and good news for the Maroons as well.

“The Titans can build their club around Ash. Certainly what he has shown in the last couple of years with his ability and direction and the way he steers the team around.

“The Titans locked him up before he could get to the open market, which was very smart on their behalf.”

Taylor waived a 10 day cooling-off period for the contract and cannot backflip on the deal.

Bit in bold

‘So we had a chat but we didn’t talk about anything’...............

FMD mate, seriously. Probably one of the most idiotic things I’ve heard from a player in an interview.

I like Waynes: "I did the right thing by him by letting him go".....

RazorRam0n

Juniors

those 2 quotes say to me the broncos tried lowballing again and ash took the money. i don't blame him titans did what they needed to do to retain him...

but that's 2 out of 2 halfbacks now that broncos have tried dictating "under" terms to and have found themselves with egg on their face and the bigger problem being no definite options for them to fallback on to pursue

the only quality alternative i could see for them is morgan moving with greeny in 2019

THE CHAMP

First Grade
It get pretty frustrating when clubs the Broncos have been propping up for years (Newcastle Gold Coast) sign our players.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm going to channel Reverend Lovejoy from the epsiode where Bart dates his daughter and say, it's quite obvious what's happened here.... @beave has somehow managed to sneak Ash Taylor in to a Boncos training session and photograph him in Boncos training gear solely for the purpose of posting the picture in this thread..........

Come on, use your imaginations people!!

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

Are you taking the piss or are you just this stupid?

#neverheardofthef**ker worthy