What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Cricket

I have DB 17 and I couldn't play that game..... batting was absolutely shocking....

I prefer being a batsmen...

I've played 13 years of career mode in DB14 batting at no.4 and it's my favourite cricket game ever..... my test avg is about 52 having scored 40 fifties and 11 hundreds including 3 double centuries.... avg is about 34 in ODI's.....

I was saying to myself after DB17 I couldn't bring myself to buy this Ashes version.....

Do you think it's worth buying???? Is the career mode good!!!!???

Would you say the batting is inbetween DB 14 & 17 difficulty wise???
I honestly love it

Get it from eb and if you think it's shit then take it back for your money back

Rabbits20

Immortal
I honestly love it

Get it from eb and if you think it's shit then take it back for your money back
How long do you have to take it back??

Also in career mode when you start off is it only T20's???

That's what I hated about DB17 as there was no first class 4 day matches or one day matches for the start of career mode....

Eelementary

Post Whore
So is the batting much harder than DB 14??

Can you score big in career mode or is it so so so hard??

Should I buy this game??

Is it hard to pick what ball the bowler is bowling when batting??

Is it hard to pick up the length??

In DB 14 from 126 test innings I have scored like 6400 runs at 52. My most recent today was a patient 112 from 262 balls...

Does it come with an instruction manual as I can't find one online??

Imo, it's hard, but unlike DBC 17, it's not impossible.

Your batsman will not magically teleport to the line of the ball, unlike in DBC17 - meaning it's more realistic.

There is no instruction manual. But gameplay is very similar to DBC14, and there are in-game tutorials.

Definitely buy this game - as a batsman, you can score big (there are markets to let you know the line abdength, but you can turn them off to add realism), and as a bowler, you will take wickets by bowling smart.

Swing and seam actually do something in this game, and because the batsman won't magically teleport behind the line of the delivery, if he goes after a wide delivery, chances are he will knick it to the slips, as his feet are planted.

Highly, highly, highly recommend this game.

Eelementary

Post Whore

That's what I hated about DB17 as there was no first class 4 day matches or one day matches for the start of career mode....

In Career Mode, you start off playing Grade cricket 3 day matches.

Rabbits20

Immortal
In Career Mode, you start off playing Grade cricket 3 day matches.

Well that's a lot better than bloody T20 matches only....
Rabbits 20, imo, this game is better than DBC 14, and DBC14 used to be my favourite cricket game.
Thanks mate I do not have spare money right now but I'll get it later this year.... I'm gonna buy this Aussie Open Tennis on the PS4....... I'm excited as there are never really any tennis games released.....

DB14 is still my favourite hahaha.......

May not be later this year hahaha.....

What position do you bat in career mode and what are your stats/average???

In DB 14 Avg's are: (12-13years career mode)

T20: 54
List A: 43.8
First Class: 50.6

T20I: 30.6 (2 hundreds and 21 fifties from 146 innings) HS: 130
ODI: 34.1 (10-11 hundreds and 30 fifties from 182 innings) HS: 203
Test: 52.1 (11 hundreds and 41 fifties from 126 innings with 6400 odd runs) HS 276 (3 double centuries)

Pretty sure it's a week

It's the best bowling and batting

mozza91

Coach
If the aim of this game is to get a quick fire 40 and then throw your wicket away by playing a cover drive at a ball pitched on leg stump, then I’m absolutely dominating.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well that's a lot better than bloody T20 matches only....

Thanks mate I do not have spare money right now but I'll get it later this year.... I'm gonna buy this Aussie Open Tennis on the PS4....... I'm excited as there are never really any tennis games released.....

DB14 is still my favourite hahaha.......

May not be later this year hahaha.....

What position do you bat in career mode and what are your stats/average???

In DB 14 Avg's are: (12-13years career mode)

T20: 54
List A: 43.8
First Class: 50.6

T20I: 30.6 (2 hundreds and 21 fifties from 146 innings) HS: 130
ODI: 34.1 (10-11 hundreds and 30 fifties from 182 innings) HS: 203
Test: 52.1 (11 hundreds and 41 fifties from 126 innings with 6400 odd runs) HS 276 (3 double centuries)

I'm a fast-bowling (145 kph+), number 3 all-rounder.

I've just finished my first season for for the Parramatta Gorillas in Grade cricket (3 day matches):

Batting

AVG. 54.95
HS 201*
SR 83.55
22 matches (20 innings played)

Bowling

BB 10/101 (match figures), 7/65 off 23 (innings figures)
Econ. 2.5 rpo
AVG. 15.01
SR 21

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm a fast-bowling (145 kph+), number 3 all-rounder.

I've just finished my first season for for the Parramatta Gorillas in Grade cricket (3 day matches):

Batting

AVG. 54.95
HS 201*
SR 83.55
22 matches (20 innings played)

Bowling

BB 10/101 (match figures), 7/65 off 23 (innings figures)
Econ. 2.5 rpo
AVG. 15.01
SR 21
How many fifties/hundreds in those 20 innings??? Plus how many runs??

DB14 would tell you this....

Good strike rate there mate with the bat....

Eelementary

Post Whore
How many fifties/hundreds in those 20 innings??? Plus how many runs??

DB14 would tell you this....

Good strike rate there mate with the bat....

I'll check the stats, and post them later.

I'm an aggressive player - looking to score off every ball, even if it's just a single.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll check the stats, and post them later.

I'm an aggressive player - looking to score off every ball, even if it's just a single.
That's how I try to play but I find ways of getting out so I tend to go back to blocking which works in DB14.....

I have to get better at singles....

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's how I try to play but I find ways of getting out so I tend to go back to blocking which works in DB14.....

I have to get better at singles....

Precision shots work a treat in this game, for quick singles.

Walking across the stumps to force the bowler to rethink their line also works a treat - if the offside is stacked, I walk across my stumps so that my leg stump is just exposed, and I find I can force deliveries wife of off to the leg side.

nöyd

Staff member
Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I was playing a test the other day and lost a few quick wickets after the tea break, so I thought bugger this, I don't want to lose any more wickets before stumps so I blocked almost every ball for about 20 odd overs, and because my batsman's confidence meter was at max (light green?), when I did decide to play a rare attacking stroke, it was always timed immaculately and if it beat the field it raced to the boundary, like REALLY FLEW.

I'm starting to think that if your confidence is max, then the big scores will come, unless you get yourself out.

Or your skipper declares (sorry Storm13) :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I was playing a test the other day and lost a few quick wickets after the tea break, so I thought bugger this, I don't want to lose any more wickets before stumps so I blocked almost every ball for about 20 odd overs, and because my batsman's confidence meter was at max (light green?), when I did decide to play a rare attacking stroke, it was always timed immaculately and if it beat the field it raced to the boundary, like REALLY FLEW.

I'm starting to think that if your confidence is max, then the big scores will come, unless you get yourself out.

Or your skipper declares (sorry Storm13) :)

I can vouch for this.

Confidence and stamina plays a huge role.

I was playing a 3-day match for Parramatta, and my oppobents were batting. They were something like 4/225, and I'd taken all 4 wickets.

My captain bowled me to the ground - I ended up with figures of 7/97 off 45 overs (bearing in mind I'm an all-rounder!).

I took the last wicket to win us the game by 6 runs, but because I'd been overworked, my bowler had green confidence (taking wickets, bowling tight, getting the batsmen to play and miss), but no stamina - I could not get the ball to go faster than 128kph, and I could barely swing or seam the ball. My dude was rooted!

Accuracy and pace changes were still there, but it was a real struggle!