What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Fixtures 2005

Craig

Juniors
Despite the fact it has been poorly attended and the pitch has left a lot to be desired?

Cricketer

Juniors
I'll be there, but I'll be playing for Somerset at the time but hopefully I'll get to a few games as well. Can't wait, once again the Poms are talking themselves up on how they can beat us due to their recent form. No offence, the Windies (which is very sad for cricket) are at a low ebb at the moment so I wouldn't be gloating about flogging them every week and then saying they can beat us as well. :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Good call Cricketer

I am also looking forward to our batsman facing up to Harmison, as he is obviously in better from team when we last met.

Anonymous

Juniors
I dare say Headingley will host a test vs. Bangladesh.

Dont forget last Ashes tour Old Trafford, one of English crickets most famous venues, did not recieve a test.

When you consider that Lords, The Oval and Edgebaston are permanents on the rotation, and Trent Bridge almost always recieves a test, Old Trafford and Headingley have to share.

Never been the same since they cut it from 6 tests to 5.

Craig

Juniors
Headingly is not hosting a Test match next year.

Lords and Chester-le-Street (Durham) have the Bangladesh Tests.

Anonymous

Juniors
Wow none at all, that's thrown me.

But considering that Durham and Hampshire now have brand new venues, they'll start to pressure the traditional test venues, as will Glamorgan, who is about to upgrade Sophia Gardens.

Craig

Juniors
The traditional Test venues aren't under threat, it all depends on the crowd attendances and the state of the pitch.

Headingly didn't produce a great one last year and by all reports it wasn't flash v New Zealand.

Grounds like Chester-le-Street at this stage will only be hosting Tests v Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

Latest posts