What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs England

imported_Kaon

Juniors
Until Clarke came in this match was as exciting as pulling your nails out. WTF were Martyn and Beven on? Whenever these two come in, they always stunt the innings. Beven should go down to 6/7 for the good of the team; he really hasn't done anything at 4.

I thought Clarke should have got the MOM on debut. A wicket, a run-out and also guiding the team to victory after they were in trouble at 6/100 odd.

imported_midas

Juniors
El Duque
forget about Symonds carrying the drinks.Anyone who doesn,t know where his crease is wouldn,t be able to find the bloody drinks.

imported_midas

Juniors
While on the subject of Symonds,Australia has used 19 playersa in this series so far but this was only the second time they have picked Symonds.
Gilchrist used 7 bowlers tonight but not Symonds.
What is going on? Is he just going to S Af as a tourist?

El Duque

Bench
I hope so.

Gilchrist probably knows he's a dud. The only reason he's in the team is because Punter picked him.

D

dubopov

Kaon..Good point about Martyn and Bevan..They should never bat together unless it's on the beach or at a backyard barby...both are not required in the One Day team..
Midas...Even though you probably dislike Symonds(based on comment #42)you're right about his treatment...If he is given a chance he will succeed...not bowling him today was a joke..he was the best bowler in the game against Sri Lanka when we were flogged...He is being given the runaround..

Apologies for asking a 'catch up question' of sorts, but has the point of Aus playing for England to get through been discussed on any thread yet?

I thought with the recent talk about Flemming and 'going soft', the game last night would raise quite a kerfuffle ;)

Onya Clarkey by the way as well! A local, went to Canley Vale, still lives in Chipping Norton, another westie on his way to the top!

Moffo

El Duque

Bench
Midas...Even though you probably dislike Symonds(based on comment #42)you're right about his treatment...If he is given a chance he will succeed

You are kidding, right?

He's had plenty of chances in his 50 odd ODI games and he has failed horribly.

How many chances does this loser get?

imported_midas

Juniors
dubopov
I don,t dislike Symonds .At his best he is one of the most exciting one-day players around,but he has done zilch this season.
For an experienced International to shoulder arms and then turn around and watch the keeper stump him is incredible.
Martyn &Bevan pulled the innings around from 2/5-the siyuation did not call for slogging.Bevan was clearly frustrated at not being able to time the ball,but the pitch was holding up,giving variable bounce and in addition Caddick & Anderson bowled really well.The eventual win was set up by these two -get off their case.

D

dubopov

Midas...I agree that Symonds is sadlyout of form with the bat but unlike a lot of others,he isn't being given much of a chance to find his form..He is missing games for QLD by constantly being 12th Man..and then,when he is reinstated in the Eleven he doesn't even get a bowl.....I imagine this lack of games combined with a lack of confidence(in part due to the lack of confidence shown in him by Selectors and some Captains)are behind his ordinary form...Another aspect of yesterday's Captaincy not mentioned as yet..Why did Gilchrist send Lee in as a hitter when Symonds is a much bigger hitter ??...A bit of faith in Symonds by Gilchrist and others might payoff..

El Duque

Bench
I agree that Symonds is sadlyout of form with the bat but unlike a lot of others,he isn't being given much of a chance to find his form..He is missing games for QLD by constantly being 12th Man

Symonds has played in 6 games out of 7 for Qld in the ING Cup

Symonds has played in 5 out of 6 Pura Cup Games.

Symonds has also played in a few games for Aus A.

He has been playing regulary so there goes that excuse.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"I thought with the recent talk about Flemming and 'going soft', the game last night would raise quite a kerfuffle "
Actually Moffo, it never crossed my mind.
The slow batting was more to do with tricky pitch and the fact that it was 45 degrees in Adelaide yesterday.

D

dubopov

El Duque..You ought to get a patent on that INVENTASTAT system you have..Symonds has missed the last two Pura Cup games..his average is 44 but he has not had a bat this year !!...In ING games his average is 52 striking at 91 but once again he has had little chance this year..last weeks poor SA effort meant that he was only needed to score 10 not out to secure a win..He needs time in the middle but he's not getting it in First Class games(Pura,ING)...

thought with the recent talk about Flemming and 'going soft', the game last night would raise quite a kerfuffle " Actually Moffo, it never crossed my mind.
The slow batting was more to do with tricky pitch and the fact that it was 45 degrees in Adelaide yesterday.

Granted, but 30 off 90? When is the last time you ever saw a batsman go like that? I think that Healy even mentioned at some point that perhaps Aus were playing Eng into the finals. I mean, who would you rather play, a side that you caned 4-1 in the ashes or the Sri Lankans, with Murali, who the Aussies have been unable to play so far?

Moffo

El Duque

Bench
You said he's been missing ganmes for Qld and he has missed bugger all plus he's had games for Aus and Aus A.

I bet there are plenty of players in the Aus side who've probably had the same or less yet you just make excuses for Symonds. Latest excuse is SA did'n't bat well enough.

Meanwhile you bag the shit out of Bevan and Martyn who've beenplaying well:(

D

dubopov

Moffo/Willow....Any mention of Australia not going for the bonus point is off beat..we didn't need the point..and do you think that the Aussies would even contemplate losing against Silly Wanker on Tuesday ??..I'm sure they will have a "Let's do it for Boof" mentality and try to crush them..As far as Bevan goes I'm convinced he plays to protect his average and tries not to get out..After the early problems there was ample oportunity to increase the run rate ..30 piddly runs off 90 balls..WHAT A JOKE !!

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Moffo, I didn't see the game so I can't really comment. Didn't Australia win? Don't you know there is no such thing as doctoring the result as long as you win?

D

dubopov

El Duque..What a laugh..Bevan has been batting well !!.......His timing in the last few games has been worse than those cheap Japanese watches in the 60's...Have you also noticed his fielding is way below his old standard...Scrapheap time Bevvo Baby !!..

Latest posts