What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia's Big Bash - Victorian Bushfire Appeal Match: Sun 22 Feb @ SCG

Tom Shines

First Grade
LOL he hasn't got a scheduled fight coming up, so you're really in the loop

and you must know some pea hearted people and you're probably one of them ... LOL @ not going to a charity appeal match because of ONE person who will have precisely not much to do during the whole game

I'd rather watch Mundine than Cameron White...

I booked because Mundine and Peter Garrett are playing. I couldn't care less for them personally, but seeing them in a cricket match will be hilarious.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not criticising you for having an opinion.

Criticising your opinion.

There's a difference.
In normal circumstances maybe, but is there an opinion I've shared on this forum you haven't criticised?

Anyway, does anyone know who the music entertainment will be?
I believe the articles mentioned they're still sorting out details.

fish eel

Immortal
In normal circumstances maybe, but is there an opinion I've shared on this forum you haven't criticised?

Plenty. But how about we stick to the topic now of the charity match?

I believe the articles mentioned they're still sorting out details.

Ta. I thought perhaps more may have been announced today? There's not much time.

Last edited:
I'd rather watch Mundine than Cameron White...

I booked because Mundine and Peter Garrett are playing. I couldn't care less for them personally, but seeing them in a cricket match will be hilarious.

You and I share the same views.
C'mon people lighten up, even if you don't like the bloke, this will be interesting to watch. I'm damn well looking forward to it.

ozbash

Referee
Small minded? I'm not the one sitting here criticising someone for having an opinion?

Mundine has an opinion..

a hell of a lot of people agree with him actually.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd rock up to the game just to see someone drop Mundine with a bouncer, don't like the guy but he's doing it for a very worthy cause. That should be all that counts.

Last edited:

gong_eagle

First Grade
Just heard on 2ky that they won't be televising the game, you would think they would have considering it is for charity

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats a bit of a surprise, you'd think they'd raise more money of it were televised

Timmah

Staff member
The timing would have a lot to do with it. Unless you have a 35 minute innings break to allow the news, 5pm is a very tricky telecast time.

Timmah

Staff member
They don't do that.

Michael Parkinson and Andrew Denton have been named umpires for the match.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25063794-5016360,00.html

WITH so many big names doing battle on Sunday to raise funds for the Bushfires Appeal at the SCG, it will take a couple of gimlet-eyed, take-no-nonsense officials to umpire the celebrity Twenty20 bunfight.
Step forward, then, two masters of keeping an unruly cast list in order - Michael Parkinson and Andrew Denton.
The two died-in-the-whites cricket fans will stand at either end to umpire a star-studded line-up headed by former Australian captains Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh.
But rising hopes that Shane Warne would make his Australian comeback were dashed yesterday after the spin supremo realised that he had overseas commitments, planned months ago, which required him to leave Sydney on Sunday.
Warne was keen to play and had gone as far as to ask for 13-year-old Aiden Buchanan to be involved as an honorary 12th man for the Blues squad.
Aiden met Warne last week and broke down in tears as he described losing his brother, sister and uncle in the fires that destroyed the town of Kinglake.
The match, dubbed Australia's Big Bash, aims to raise $500,000 for the appeal, and it will have the feel of a flashback through nearly two decades of Australian cricketing dominance with Glenn McGrath and Michael Slater signing up - not to mention David Warner, Nathan Bracken and Moises Henriques, plus female stars Lisa Sthalekar and Ellyse Perry.
The names of the other celebrities to commit range from Braith Anasta and Anthony Minichiello to Phil Waugh and Lote Tuqiri, Barry Hall to Shannon Noll and even singer-turned-politician Peter Garrett.
Presumably with Parky and Denton - both masters of the confessional genre, once appearing on the same show - on hand, backchat will be kept in check. More walking than talking, in fact.
The game will last three hours from 5pm, and tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children aged 6-12 and $50 for a family ticket - available from either www.ticketek.com.au or by phoning 132849.

Better get in early as there's little doubt this will be a sell-out.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'm a member so I may head out for this one. No idea, I'll make a decision on the day- depends on the weather!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The timing would have a lot to do with it. Unless you have a 35 minute innings break to allow the news, 5pm is a very tricky telecast time.

would not have to be live, they have delayed telecast with the Rugby League

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's piss poor it's not been televised, they could do a telethon type thing while the cricket is going. Plus you'd think it would be a ratings winner.

so, locky, with you being a supposed SCG member, why didn't you go?

you could have won yourself first class tickets to LA and actually gone this time

Timmah

Staff member
Waugh's blokes got home... Mundine run out first ball, Hayden run out because he let go of his bat and had to go pick it up :lol:

Some funny moments.

Latest posts