What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn 2017

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Just took 17s Voodoo Lad but petrified of Astern.

Have to respect Chatauqua but will be surprised if he jumps favorite, suspect the will back Russian Revolution

lockyno1

Post Whore
Don't think the wet will suit Astern that much. A wet Randwick is worse than a wet Rosehill.

I'm having Astern in the quaddie but that's about it. Don't think it will win

lockyno1

Post Whore
Antonio worries me on a heavy as I thought it was awful last start on a heavy. Also worry whether this being the 2nd thought (was originally being aimed at the Sydney Cup) is an afterthought. Mcreery is worth a nibble at odds (assume its double figures)

to_ddeath

Coach
Even minus Winx this time the Donny has a great line up.
Going Le Romain...McCreery and Redkirk as my top 3. The latter 2 have 2000 metre form and that's often a strong grounding for this race. Think it's between that trio.
Exotics - Endless Drama and Sense of Occasion (first up Villiers win no fluke and likes wet).
Queries - Spectroscope & Tosen Stardom...both struck bad draws but could surprise if they overcome it.
Really looking forward to this version.

to_ddeath

Coach
Antonio worries me on a heavy as I thought it was awful last start on a heavy. Also worry whether this being the 2nd thought (was originally being aimed at the Sydney Cup) is an afterthought. Mcreery is worth a nibble at odds (assume its double figures)

Agree. Not sure if he's up to the depth of this race but if taken to Brissie he'd probably kill it over 2000-2400.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Even minus Winx this time the Donny has a great line up.
Going Le Romain...McCreery and Redkirk as my top 3. The latter 2 have 2000 metre form and that's often a strong grounding for this race. Think it's between that trio.
Exotics - Endless Drama and Sense of Occasion (first up Villiers win no fluke and likes wet).
Queries - Spectroscope & Tosen Stardom...both struck bad draws but could surprise if they overcome it.
Really looking forward to this version.

Tosen Stardom is likely to be scratched, don't give it any chance anyway from the carpark barrier on a heavy anyway.

Ecuador isn't the worst rough to be included in exotics, it will love the heavy track. Spectroscope has Moeira on board so it will be one I'm including.

to_ddeath

Coach
Tosen Stardom is likely to be scratched, don't give it any chance anyway from the carpark barrier on a heavy anyway.

Ecuador isn't the worst rough to be included in exotics, it will love the heavy track. Spectroscope has Moeira on board so it will be one I'm including.

Agreed, Waterhouse runners usually step up a bit in races like this.
Not sure if the Spectroscope formlines will stand up but definitely has a lot going for it down in the weights. Can't rule out Hey Doc completely either on current form, but might find a couple too good for it even with the right run in transit.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agreed, Waterhouse runners usually step up a bit in races like this.
Not sure if the Spectroscope formlines will stand up but definitely has a lot going for it down in the weights. Can't rule out Hey Doc completely either on current form, but might find a couple too good for it even with the right run in transit.

Ecuador is usually a goat, but it has cost me enough times on a heavy track that I won't be stupid again to not include it. I don't have it winning but happy to have it in trifecta's and F4's.

Spectroscope maps so well, and it loves the wet. Lightweight chance and at $12-13 you are nuts to not include it. I actually agree with Hey Doc. If it was dry I'd be all over I Am A Star but it hasn't raced well on non dry tracks.