What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B Morris To South Sydney

RedVDragon

Juniors
Give up BMOZ enough is enough your not the player you once where. As soon as you signed with the grubs your game went downhill fast.

Saintsified

Bench
Bitch comes to mind reading this post. Anyone that leaves the club is ostracised. Nightingale is under fire for being the loyal/yet over the hill player. Give me f**king strength. Brett Morris is an effing legend. I hope he kills it at Souths.
I hope he does well too, I didn't mean otherwise, but let's say Morris stuck around and was in the same predicament with injuries etc he would be much more highly regarded like Hornby Cooper and others etc. He has ended up like him Dad, a legend of league yes but going to Roosters marred him. Nightingale stuck around and wasnt enticed as easily to go just for the money, it's bullshit he wanted to play with his brother, 700k was the reason.

Brett was injury prone towards the end of his last contract with Saints.

He is no longer the star winger he was in the red V.

Wish him well should he move to Souths.

Has no place on our roster going forward.

Life's Good

Coach
Regardless of the feelings on Bmoz, I reckon, come 2020 when(hopefully)our club invites the 2010 side for a lap of honour for a 10 year anniversary he will be given the applause he deserves.
Rod Reddy on the other hand...

Drag Queen

Bench
I too hope he gets back to his best because he's brilliant to watch.

But his legacy has been tainted. He could have gone down as a 1 club Dragons legend, now he's heading to his 3rd club and gaining 'journeyman' status...

Still a Premiership Hero though...
He is that bloody good. I'd go as far as phenominal. Sick of the fans dishing dirt on ex-dragons.. I for one wish the best for Dugan, Marshall, Packer, Dodd, Wakeman, Quinlan, Williams etc have exceptional careers.

Drag Queen

Bench
sorry but I am disappointed because he now wont be coming back to the red v. hes not finished yet and if he gets injury free he will do good at the bunnies just as he would have coming back to strengthen our mediocre backline.
Mediocre?? I call it a woeful backline. The shittest backline in the the NRL.

Drag Queen

Bench
I hope he does well too, I didn't mean otherwise, but let's say Morris stuck around and was in the same predicament with injuries etc he would be much more highly regarded like Hornby Cooper and others etc. He has ended up like him Dad, a legend of league yes but going to Roosters marred him. Nightingale stuck around and wasnt enticed as easily to go just for the money, it's bullshit he wanted to play with his brother, 700k was the reason.
Can you bloody blame him? He doesn't have the head for media.

TruSaint

Referee
Great memories of BMoz.

He was awesome and provided such highlights.

It is hard for me to fathom though that he insisted leaving us was to play with his brother, and now he leaves to another club, without his brother...

Thats what disappointing.. Call it what is Brett. Money ( and thats fine ), but dont camouflage the reason.

The $$ we are talking about are off the chart for someone who has gone from the elite to very good. He has talent, but he nowhere near the player he was which is understandable allowing for his age and injuries.

Maybe Flo has overstayed his tenure, but I do recall at his prime, he refused less to money to move and stay at Saints. If I recall correctly one team was NZ.

Thanks for the memories and highlights...

He is that bloody good. I'd go as far as phenominal. Sick of the fans dishing dirt on ex-dragons.. I for one wish the best for Dugan, Marshall, Packer, Dodd, Wakeman, Quinlan, Williams etc have exceptional careers.
Marshall, Williams...ex dragons? Hardly.
Anyway, I agree with you general point here.

Drag Queen

Bench
Give up BMOZ enough is enough your not the player you once where. As soon as you signed with the grubs your game went downhill fast.
You're plain rude I'd have him back any day. Problem is he wouldn't come back to the Red V . He knows how f**cked up this club is.

Belta

Juniors
The grand final after game interview gives some insight into the commitment and culture of the storm players. Listening to Smith talk about the emotion and respect his players felt for Cronk (who began his football there as. 17 year old and never left) Paraphrasing his comments he explained how at stages in the game he felt tired however he only had to think of Cronk and how much he wanted to win for his mate and it gave him the energy he needed to lift. Players who play for their mates, for their clubs will be remembered more by their fans than those who leave for extra bucks.

TruSaint

Referee
The grand final after game interview gives some insight into the commitment and culture of the storm players. Listening to Smith talk about the emotion and respect his players felt for Cronk (who began his football there as. 17 year old and never left) Paraphrasing his comments he explained how at stages in the game he felt tired however he only had to think of Cronk and how much he wanted to win for his mate and it gave him the energy he needed to lift. Players who play for their mates, for their clubs will be remembered more by their fans than those who leave for extra bucks.

Love em or hate em... they are winners.
Cap beaches, wrestling champs, titles stripped all remain a stain on their record, but they are leading the way by some margin and in a non-friendly NRL environment. Says something. Not a fan, but I respect Bellamy and the way he has galvanised the place. After all the crap years back, it could have gone sour very quickly, but I think the coach is the most valuable member of that squad.

FlameThrower

Bench
Grudgingly I must agree - there have a fantastic team ethos that demands everyone perform their task at 100% - every player dives on a loose ball, every player knows his role and sticks to it. Also having a core or 'spine' who have played club, rep and international games over the last 10 years can't be underestimated as well!!!

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
I dont post on this part of the forum very often but when i saw this thread.
I had to drop over to say

Hahahhhahahhahahaha