What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangers vs Aussies - 1st Test

Red Bear

Referee
I could swap jaques for Clarke i think, give clarke more first class games. As long as Symonds isnt in the side i'll be happy

lockyno1

Post Whore
aussies1st said:
Well if Tait didn't get injuried we could have played him for Lee. He already has a baggygreen. Jaques could have played. Then we could have brought in 2 other youngsters. That fits your bill :)

Ok, name your ideal Bangladesh side?

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd have Johnson in for McGrath as he is unavailiable. Nice side though, although I would try watson at no4. You might as well!

aussies1st

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
I'd have Johnson in for McGrath as he is unavailiable. Nice side though, although I would try watson at no4. You might as well!

Depends what you meant. If you meant the guys in our current squad then something like

Jaques
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Gilchrist
Cullen
Dizzy
MacGill
Clark

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd go

1. Hayden
2. Jaques
3. Ponting
4. Cosgrove
5. Hussey
6. Thornelly/Watson, watson is injured so give thornelly a go
7. Gilchrist
8. Cullen
9. Doran
10. Dizzy
11. Johnson

12th Michael Clarke

aussies1st

Staff member
Locky rating a NSWmen never thought I would see the day :)
Can't complain with that team looks good.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
vippo19 said:
Good fight and aggression by Hossain. Ponting hit on helmet

I thought that was fantastic

It just shows how much the bangers have grown in confidence since we last played them, they are not easily intimidated anymore and they know they can mix it with the best.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its a shame Ashrafaul was so dissapointing in this test match, he was the one I was looking forward to seeing bat

he has promised so much as a youngster but has not gone on with it as he has matured

aussies1st

Staff member
Thats always the case with him, so much talent but hardly ever shows it. Very inconsistent.

Ridders

Coach
can't agree wit use more....if Ashraful can utilise his full potential, he will become a world class bastmen....i also think that Mohammed Rafique has been our onli world class bowler and has been so for a long time

on another note congrats on the aussies comeback, even tho the bangers dominated the first two days, Australia still managed to grit it thru and eventually showed y they r the top team in the world....looking forward to the second test :D

aussies1st

Staff member
Thats always the case, you have to play all 5 days to beat Aus. NZ have been well on top over Aus but there is key moments where they have been found wanting. Thats test match cricket.

Ridders

Coach
aussies1st said:
Thats always the case, you have to play all 5 days to beat Aus. NZ have been well on top over Aus but there is key moments where they have been found wanting. Thats test match cricket.

and thats why australia r so good at that level

Macca

Coach
Twizzle! You should know better than to bite at my bait.

Ricky Ponting lives here too. He's a shire boy.

We could have 4 shire locals in the test side shortly. Playing the most anticipated Ashes series in history. Ahh it makes you proud.

Twizzle said:
are you talking about the shire of NSW

McGrath is a country boy

lockyno1

Post Whore
aussies1st said:
Locky rating a NSWmen never thought I would see the day :)
Can't complain with that team looks good.

Difference with Thornelly and the others is that he has "earnt" his spot through good performances. He is one player I rate from NSW!