What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathurst

Holden Or Ford

• HOLDEN

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • FORD

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

Jason Maher

Immortal
Tbh you could say the same sort of things about any sport. I mean, how much in the grand scheme of things does 26 boofheaded blokes chasing a bit of inflated synthetic leather from India around a patch of grass really matter? If you're not brought up with it, you'll just shake your head at the silliness of it all and how seriously some others take it. I was brought up with motor racing, footy, and cricket, therefore I follow all of them avidly.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i dont really care who wins but its great to watch... bathurst > Rugby league.... pick ball up and run straight oh geez thats hard

Raider_69

Post Whore
the most exciting thing i've seen on Bathurst highlights was Skippy getting f**ked up a few years ago. Cracking work

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
FORD!!!

Whincup and Lowndes will make history tomorrow and win their 4th successive Bathurst 1000.

Will be with some mates tomorrow like every year for the traditional 3 B's.... Beer, Barbeque and BATHURST!

aussies1st

Staff member
Yessss! Holden are back and the pole sitter wins Bathurst for the first time in 6 years.

Hanscholo

Bench
Has to be one of the worst Bathursts i can ever recall. Incident after incident that could only be put down to really bad driving, the quality of the field...even the front runners has diminished somewhat over the past few years.

Matt23

Staff member
Yeah go the Holdens, 1, 2 & 3, Lowndes & Whincup can win it next year, once there back where they belong - in the red corner!

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Has to be one of the worst Bathursts i can ever recall. Incident after incident that could only be put down to really bad driving, the quality of the field...even the front runners has diminished somewhat over the past few years.

Can't agree, it kept me entertained

Yeah go the Holdens, 1, 2 & 3, Lowndes & Whincup can win it next year, once there back where they belong - in the red corner!

And 4 :D

Lambretta

First Grade
The race itself was a great spectacle. The weather added an element to the race that gave it that bit extra. When the rains came and teams were sliding all over the place, it was a miracle they didnt all crash.

I can't believe that so many people on a sports forum dont love this race. Bathurst is one of the greatest motor races on the face of the planet and the Mountain is a great leveler of technical advantages.

If you've ever seen motor races from anywhere else on the planet, Bathurst makes them seem completely insignificant. The Mountain is the most mental race course and the people that tackle it are absolute champions to me.

As a Ford fan, I have to say that the race was a disappointment, as 9 of the top 10 positions were filled by Holdens. Added to that - the one top Ford team that did finish will be in the red corner next year.

Ford itself appears to have turned it's back on Australian Motor sport and next years championship should be called the Holden V8 Championship. Good luck competing against yourselves next year Holden. Any fans of Motor Sport should be crying into their beers today, as this great race, this unique Australian event will cease to exist if there's only one manufacturer turning up.

The tribal war is over. Ford have surrendered and I feel betrayed.

ozbash

Referee

agree, safety car was the winner.

murph was robbed..

GB!

Juniors
lowndes was robbed cause whincup drove like a skirt when the rain came down.
they did well to keep pace even with a stuffed clutch though!

Latest posts