What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battrick

kingdamo

Juniors
I'm playing a team I thought would totally outclass me so I rested my 5 top players who were only on moderate/fresh PFL.

I batted first and got pooned, (1st Inn: 139-10), and then they batted out 400 runs and declared.

Last night I switched all my players to "Very Defensive" and they are going much better than expected, currently 356-9 and lead by 94 runs. (bondie 401-2 dec).

Hope to bat out todays play and keep going for a bit tomorrow, still expect to lose though haha. May as well be optimistic.

I am pretty gutted because I thought I would lose anyway with my 5 best, when really I would have probably been able to win. Bugger!

aussies1st

Staff member
Never thought I would have the bot treatment on my team until..

End of Over 31 (11 runs). Brisbane Stags: 188-2, runrate=6.06 (1st Inn: 1226-10)
Lead by 1302 runs. (Baggy Blues 112-10)
Neil 8-0-57-1
Quailey* 58 (55 balls)
Obrien 11 (22 balls)
Last Wicket: Wilkinson st. Ray b. Neil 67 (FOW: 150/2)

mattyg

Bench
im a spastic at the moment on here.
Once again I forgot to set my orders last night so after bowling them out last night im set to bat out the day for a draw vs a bot.

And this just takes the cake. I was in a bidding war with some prick for someone. And we were going along by 1000s. He went from 32000 accidentally too 330,000 and without me realising i just change the 33 to 35 and i ended up bidding 350 000 on a very average player.

:lol: is that you Luke Covell??

deadset how can you stuff up so much!! the worst mistake i've made was changing my batting order but forgetting to change the keeper and 1 bowler

blain

Juniors
anyone want a friendly? i need one.. ill probably make you 8k, so if your gonna make more ill go to yours. my match ratings are med/comp.

blain11 the team name, anyone will do

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
:lol: is that you Luke Covell??

deadset how can you stuff up so much!! the worst mistake i've made was changing my batting order but forgetting to change the keeper and 1 bowler

On that FC game two weeks ago wher I forgot to declare, i ended up getting bowled out 14 overs before stumps, then in 14 overs to get the bot out i had them 8 down.

Oh and the transfer where I bidded 250k more I ended up getting reversed so not all bad. So far in the league

Im 3 from 3 in OD League, with a big game tommorow vs the other underfeated team. I think overall in that league Ill finish a couple down, its a tough league and theres about 5 teams who could beat me and I cant see me staying up there. Have had two wins by less tahn 10 runs.

In the FC league im 2 wins and 2 draws. All be it the 2 draws were completly due to me being lazy and once picking a spastic team, and the other not declaring.

mattyg

Bench
i've had some massive games in the past couple of weeks and i've won all of them...i'm honestly afraid that I might take out my Div 5 comp, if not i'll come 2nd in both OD and FC. Today i'm playing a guy with several better players than me and i'm chasing down his total fairly well atm...I think i'm gonna get him too.

aussies1st

Staff member
The furthest I've gone in the cup, my 3rd straight div 4 team and my run will probably end here.

Up against
Chunkys Nuts
Top Order: quality
Middle Order: competent
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: phenomenal
Spin Bowling: quality
Fielding: feeble

Would it be worth it if i tried to sell either of these guys for $1mil+?

Mark Warr - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,403
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.Stamina:proficientWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:proficientConcentration:competentBowling:abysmalConsistency:proficientFielding:abysmal
Will Andrew - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,032 RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.A cautious player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.Stamina:strongWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:mediocreConcentration:mediocreBowling:proficientConsistency:abysmalFielding:abysmal

blain

Juniors
warr could get you around 500k if your lucky, but andrew cons is too bad. id say at most you would get 300k for him.

im just sitting on about $200k and it never changes...i'm in about 4th-6th in both comps at the moment and I'm trying to find the best way to get some money to buy a couple of extra players.

mattyg

Bench
best way to make money is to have money. If you have $1,600,000 in your account you'll get the maximum interest in your account which is $80,000 per week. It is extremely hard to save up to 1.6 mill unless you sell a player or 2 which is what I had to do. Since then i've saved up an extra $1,000,000 just on gate takings and interest. Next season might be different though because my wages are going to increase substantially. I have nearly $2,700,000 all up. Best thing to do seriously though is to somehow get up to that figure, even if it means selling a player, you'll be better off long term. Every week you miss out on the interest is 80k gone. Think of going 1 battrick season without it, thats $1,440,000 just in missed interest. Theres enough there to buy a very good player!

I'll take up a few of you guys in friendlies in a couple of weeks. Got a few big OD/FC games coming up that i'd like to win and i need to preserve my fitness levels.

mattyg

Bench
Would it be worth it if i tried to sell either of these guys for $1mil+?

Mark Warr - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,403
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.Stamina:proficientWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:proficientConcentration:competentBowling:abysmalConsistency:proficientFielding:abysmal
Will Andrew - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,032 RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.A cautious player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.Stamina:strongWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:mediocreConcentration:mediocreBowling:proficientConsistency:abysmalFielding:abysmal

i think you'd get well over $1,000,000 for Warr. I've sold a resp/resp/resp for over $1,000,000 and Warr is better.

for Andrew i really don't know. He has great bowling and stamina which is what people are after. I think he might go for close to $1,000,000 maybe a bit under...you'd be taking a bit of a risk listing him for $0 and letting him go.

Hope that helps, if you need more help go to the Player Valuations board in the sledging section of battrick.

blain

Juniors
wow, a res/res/res for a million?!?! i have a few trainees which could fetch a few then.. i've seen that strong batters (even if conc is crap) sell for at least 500k.

mattyg

Bench
depends what time of the season...you can pick up a resp/resp/resp 17 year old for VERY cheap at the end of the season, which is what i've done the past 2 years. Doesn't make that much of a difference to me, especially when the ones i've bought have been high respectable.

I put Warr up for transfer with an opening value of $1mil and finally got a taker with 24hrs to go...hopefully there are more bidders.

edit: up to 1.5mil now

Last edited:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Doing reasonably well in both my OD and FC leagues in Division 5.

My OD league I am first, winning 5/5. However my competition is ridicusly tight and I cant see myself holding on for too much longer. Out of 5 games ive won 4 games by 1 run , 3 runs, 9 runs and 14 runs. Still a great start.

The FC League im 3 wins and 2 draws from 5 games and outright 2nd. I should be first as one game I drew with a bot as I forgot to declare (ended up getting bowled out with 20 overs to go on the final day and in the 20 overs i had to bowl them out in the 4th innings i had them 8 down). The other game I drew was rubbish cause I beat the team in round 1, but to make sure i extended it to 3 days I started bowling some batsman. Then the match had to be replayed cause battrick stuffed up an iforgot to reset my tactics. That teams now first.

i was getting hammered in both my division V comps so spent some money i got from selling Warr to get a couple of handy players and now am doing much better...well on top of the 2nd placed team in FC at the moment with a 40k bat and 29k bowler

i got these two to train up and they're already performing

Alauddin Dino - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,236 RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, worthless batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:competentConcentration:proficientBowling:competentConsistency:respectableFielding:abysmal

Thomas Evan - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,463 RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh fitness.An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.Stamina:feebleWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:respectableConcentration:respectableBowling:abysmalConsistency:worthlessFielding:abysmal

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Another good thing to do is to get money is to just relegate yourself. I relegated myself to Division 6 in my OD League ( i was never going anywhere in it anyway). I stayed in my Div 5 league as thats easy and just purposely finished 2nd. I smashed my OD league without loosing a game and through all this i:

- Had a chance to train more players and bring more players through without having to worry about playing them.
- My members went up about 20 a week. I now have about 1200 members which is amazing for me.
- My sponsors confidence etc went through roof as did team morale.

And now im playing in Division 5 and winning it and 2nd still in FC and just much better off. have about 3.5 million

Latest posts