What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battrick

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
in batting order this would be my best 11

Batting (Batting/Stamina/Concentration) , bowling (bowling/stamina/consitency)

1. Boardman (Wonderfull / Superb / Strong)
2. Adrian ( Proficient / Respectable / Respectable) - Training
3. Gray (Proficient / Respectable / Mediocre)
4. Pa (Superb / Superb / Quality)
5. Hayter (Strong / Woefull / Competent) - Training
6. Lloyd (Respectable / Mediocre / Mediocre)
7. Uppall (Respectable / Superb / Proficient) ... (Wonderfull / Superb / Strong)
8. Gower (Mediocre / Strong / Respectable) ... (Superb / Strong / Proficient) - Training
9. Elwood (Doesnt Bat) ... (Superb/Superb/Strong) - Training
10.Arber (Doesnt Bat) ... (Strong/Superb/Proficient) - Training
11.Hildred (Doesnt Bat) ... (Respectable/Strong/Respectable) - Training

blain

Juniors
im just starting to get some decent players in my team (my first batch of trainees coming out). but i have about 3-4 players who are dragging the chain a tad

res/res
pro/pro
sup/pro
pro/med
pro/feeb
res/strong with pro keeping
comp/feeb and pro/feeb bowling spinner.

thats my batters, the rest are bowling cons, with no batting :(

sup/sup M
sup/pro FM
pro/strong F (close to strong now)
strong/woe X2, a spinner and a F

has everyone got new trainees? i picked up a batter com/comp, now on the hunt for a all rounder.. i can spare 4 nets on him so he should be mean

HevyDevy

Coach
A solid start to the new season - declared in my 1st innings at 6/553 and took a wicket with my first ball.

Opposition 1/0 after one over.

blain

Juniors
got 2 new trainees :)

Gordon Pine - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,768 RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.Stamina:feebleWicket Keeping:woefulBatting:competentConcentration:competentBowling:worthlessConsistency:woefulFielding:woeful

i know hes low comp, but at least hes there. decent feilding and stam. pretty cheap for 6k i thought!!!

Martin Wild - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,086 RH Batsman, RF Bowler, competent batting form, mediocre bowling form, lively fitness.An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.Stamina:mediocreWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:competentConcentration:woefulBowling:mediocreConsistency:mediocreFielding:worthless

my allrounder. hes ok, attacing fast bowler which is nice.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Can someone explain to me how the youth academy works these days. I just started it up again after probably 15 months of not using it. Ive got to 40 ITS but I can only use 12 on one player. I was sure you used to be able to use up to 36 on a player, and 12 on each skill or somthing. and wasnt every 3 ITS equivilant to one rating, or somthing? Not sure If i remember this all correctly, or has it changed

_goParra

Juniors
Can someone explain to me how the youth academy works these days. I just started it up again after probably 15 months of not using it. Ive got to 40 ITS but I can only use 12 on one player. I was sure you used to be able to use up to 36 on a player, and 12 on each skill or somthing. and wasnt every 3 ITS equivilant to one rating, or somthing? Not sure If i remember this all correctly, or has it changed

The number of ITS you can use depends on your academy's condition, you will need to upgrade it to "superb" to be able to use the full 35 its.

player's skill is pure luck

blain

Juniors
the pull system sucks.

just buy i reckon. all you get is sh*t. i spent easily over 200k during the year and i sold them both off for a total of 5k.

i reckon they are way to harsh on the skill level of pulls, i do it every now and then wit no ITS and 99% of the time they have a rating under 500.

FTP is much better in this aspect.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Considering I just spent 80 grand on ITS, and 30 on a repair (and ist still remained worthless) id like to know how do i get it to superb? would i need to do like 15 repairs?

blain

Juniors
yeah, like ten or something stupid. they get more expensive as you go im pretty sure, or dont go up as much.

dont do it, buy a good trainee for 100k

_goParra

Juniors
Considering I just spent 80 grand on ITS, and 30 on a repair (and ist still remained worthless) id like to know how do i get it to superb? would i need to do like 15 repairs?

each repair improves your academy by 0.9, so from worthless to superb you will need atleast 11 improvements. 11 x 30,000 = 330,000. Not worth it at this stage of the season. Only in week 0 & 1, you get exorbitant prices for yps

_goParra

Juniors
Do you guys train a couple of 17yo every season?

Or stick with training the players you have been training until they are 21 etc...

Training is a long term commitment, so you get better rewards if you train till 21/22. However if you have spare nets by all means get a new trainee.

blain

Juniors
i've got a plan too train players primarys untill about 19-20, depending on the player, then one stamina net for a season. might as well take advantage of the faster training times, and stam doesnt change speed.

mattyg

Bench
I'm planning on training my players till 23 or 24 even. Assuming i'll still be playing battrick at the time, they will still be good till they are 34-35 which gives me 10 seasons with the players. By that time i'm hoping to be in a higher division like 3 or maybe even 2 if i'm good enough. I'm almost certain to go up to 4 in both forms of the game this season. Training them till 20-21 won't cut it.

Most of my trainees are 20 right now. In primaries I have 2 x Remarkables, 1 x Quality, 4 x Superb and 1 x Proficient/Proficient All Rounder. So i'm training 8 players all up. My Keeper has Remarkable Wicket Keeping which is where i capped him off at. The wages are really going to kill me in the coming years but i'm ready for it...i'm in a good financial position at the moment. My wages were 37k last year and they increased to 64k this year. 27k in one year and thats only going to keep increasing. Next season i'm expecting to have to pay 100k per week in wages