What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears to take manly licence ?

That article triggered me

We weren't awarded the license
It is, was and always will be our license

Norffs lost their license

They tried to make a second night of long knives and failed, now they rest eternal

Stallion

First Grade
That article triggered me

We weren't awarded the license
It is, was and always will be our license

Norffs lost their license

They tried to make a second night of long knives and failed, now they rest eternal

No News Ltd pushed for too greater reduction in top flight club numbers. Subsequently many great clubs were put to the sword or compromised with having to merge. That's what really happened.

Stallion

First Grade
I agree! Bring back Glebe as well! The marketing people have a lot to answer for!

You are pathetic and ignorant. You have a negative and destructive stance. I'm now fully aware of how poor your understanding and regard for rugby league is. I would absolutely class you as an ignoramus.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You are pathetic and ignorant. You have a negative and destructive stance. I'm now fully aware of how poor your understanding and regard for rugby league is. I would absolutely class you as an ignoramus.
And you're a troll going on ignore.

When the team's were chosen from the criteria that was set out by the NRL, I felt that Norths were the unluckiest.
That year they were supposed to be playing out of Gosford in a brand new stadium but the atrocious weather at the time Skittled all their plans.
They had to play all over the place for their home games and the lack of crowds cruelled any chance they had of meeting that part of the criteria.
I remember when they played a "home" game in Brisbane and about 300 people showed up, it was sad.
I always wanted them back up until Florimo started trying to eat the carcass of any team that looked remotely like falling over. The Sharks, Tigers, Titans and now the "consortium" doing it to Manly.
Roll over Bears fans, they're dead.

No News Ltd pushed for too greater reduction in top flight club numbers. Subsequently many great clubs were put to the sword or compromised with having to merge. That's what really happened.

With manly we were awarded a license and voluntarily merged with Norffs who were not awarded a license, the criterion and cull was awful however it's always been Manly's license

We never took a damned thing from north Sydney and the constant stream of excrement that says we did pisses me off

If anything they've stifled us since they were cut out of the club like the cancer they were on our brand by having a junior catchment that will never play for the bears in the NRL, they're stifling those kids too

f**king parasites

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I agree! Bring back Glebe as well! The marketing people have a lot to answer for!

lol - this is where Stallion confuses me. It seems all his talk of tradition and history of Sydney clubs only applies to selected clubs. Even a more recent example like Newtown doesn't matter to him.